XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email that Project Spark will be going to a full release next week

Hello from Team Dakota!

Please pardon the interruption; we like to pride ourselves on not being the pushy-type of dev team. You know, the one that is always trying to get you to buy things (although we really love it when you do!), but we are bursting with good news to share.

Project Spark on Xbox One and Windows 8 will be officially releasing on October 7 in the US (October 9th and October 10th in certain other regions), which means we’ll be removing the “Beta” tag once and for all. After four long years of development (although, the time flew by for us, to be honest) all of us on Team Dakota can breathe a sigh of release and say that we finally reached the finish line. Hooray!

Only thing... what may look like a finish line is actually just the starting line for Project Spark and we have a full roadmap of improvements, features and content pack coming your way, starting... well, starting as soon as we launch.

What does this mean for you? (And when are you getting that free stuff we mentioned?)
  • Your Project Spark beta account will automatically carry over to a Project Spark live account. (It is…magic!)
  • Everything you have created, everything you have earned, everything you have unlocked and purchased, will all be there. (We are all winners!)
  • The Project Spark Starter Pack for Xbox One and Windows 8 will be hitting store shelves (in both the physical and virtual worlds) on October 7 in the US, October 9th and October 10th in other regions.
  • Project Spark remains, and will continue to remain, a free digital download. (Ha! And they say nothing was free…)
What is this Starter Pack thing?

The Project Spark Starter Pack you an amazing bundle of additional cool Project Spark stuff to jump-start your fun. You can pick up the Project Spark Starter Pack at your favorite retailer or inside Project Spark itself, starting October 7 in the US and Canada (October 9 in Europe and October 10 in Asia). Better yet, why not pre-order it today from one of your favorite retailers? (A little squirrel tells us that some retailers even have special pre-order deals!)

And while there is no way we could adequately thank all of our beta testers for the pivotal role they played in helping our small team make it to the finish/starting line, we’re giving all beta testers a small token of our gratitude. We are not thanking you for helping us make our game; we are thanking you for allowing us to help you create yours.

Be sure to log in to the game on October 7 and see the reward show up in your account. We will also be sending a final beta email on October 6 to remind you of the same. We will be giving the Beta rewards package to everyone who installed and played the Project Spark Beta on Xbox One or Windows 8.1 prior to 11:59pm PDT on October 5th 2014. So, there’s still a few days if you or your friends have been procrastinating!

Thanks again! Moreover, please remember that this is only the beginning. We have lots of new amazing stuff on the way, starting with Full Moon Howl (because, wolves!) and Nomadic Warrior (gotta keep the wolves honest) later this month!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with the underhyped launch it will fall victim to people waiting for it to go on sale or as part of games with gold in 6 months.

After some great replies from the questions I posted in this thread a couple of weeks ago, I took the plunge and purchased an xbox one. To date I am very happy with my purchase.

1. Fifa 15: How addictive is this game? I am no longer a single man, so I do have some problems balancing my Fifa time and paying the appropriate amount of attention to the significant other.

2. Skype: Love having Skype on the TV, the app works perfectly and the camera is of a high quality. The auto zoom is a little frustrating at times, however I believe there is a way to manual zoom.

3. Cable tv pass through: Hit and miss so far, for some reason sometimes it takes a little while for the Xbox to connect to the cable box and transmit the TV, I randomly get the "Xbox is not connected to the cable box" warning for a few minutes before it works. This is frustrating as I really don't want to plug the cable box into its own point cable and not have everything through the one tv connection.

4. Netflix etc: Great to finally have everything in the once place.

http://teambeyond.net/custom-themes-coming-xbox-one/
Custom-Xbox-One-Theme.png

About fricken time

As I posted on Whirlpool a few hours back JB Hifi are offering another Xbox One console + game bundle deal. For $599 you get the console + Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, NBA 2K15, Destiny and Shadows of Mordor. A few months ago I wanted another 4 game bundle (mostly interested in Forza 5, not interested in the other games). Decided against it as I figured closer to christmas a better bundle would emerge..... this could be it (unless they do something that tops this when GTA V comes out).

A suggestion a while ago was that EB and JB Hifi may allow you to change a game in a bundle for another one of similar value. I may investigate this over the weekend as I would prefer Fifa 15 be included and would gladly sacrifice either Destiny or Shadows of Mordor to get it. If it came down to it, I would even trade both in to buy and add Fifa 15 regardless.

Nope. Only announced for Brazil at the moment. Microsoft also mentioned that it will be coming to select markets so you'd think Australia would be one.

P.S use google you lazy prick.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back