Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

We walked in to we are champions.

Ended with a sing along to bohemian rhapsody

Then left to ice cubes it was a good day.
We had 2 exit songs because they were both short and i knew i'd take forever to leave if i'd had a couple of beverages.

The Saints - Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

Ahh right, I never would've even though about that stuff, but then again we didn't do it as we're not particularly traditional. As long as it's done before the big day it's all good though, right?

I was going to pretend to do the garter then pull out one of those really long multicoloured magicians handkerchiefs but thought of it too late to organise. :(

I ended up organising the garter yesterday. I designed a custom made one with their names on the dates written on it in ribbon and it will be sent here in 10 days. I just don't understand why these girls can't do anything, they always act like it's too hard but it took me half an hour.

We had 2 exit songs because they were both short and i knew i'd take forever to leave if i'd had a couple of beverages.

The Saints - Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Mrs happydude walked down the aisle to iris.
We left the ceremony to 1979 by smashing pumpkins and danced to deftones simple man.

Very us choice of music. Even threw in BYOB during the night and chop suey and before I forget

The magician hanky thing would've gone so well with our day though.

We even hired a magician to do the ceremony.

All of this wedding talk makes me think that I'd be strongly in favour of eloping if I found a bloke I could tolerate long enough to marry. :p

One of my girlfriend's mums had the right idea. She went to the US for 6 weeks, got married in Vegas (to her fiance, not just anyone) and sent back postcards with a photo of them on it. When they came home they just had a big party to celebrate. No one knew they were going to get married over there.

I honestly couldn't care less if I never get married...but if I do, then I'd just want to either elope on a beach somewhere or do the courthouse special.

All this wedding talk in the hate thread, love it.

MEB_ sounds like they're all really good friends if they can't do a couple of easy things like that. Just lazy as hell really.

happydude your wedding sounds really familiar to ours in terms of 'us' song selection.

They are lazy AF. I just have to pick up the slack thought because I want to make sure my brother's wedding is as perfect as possible.

All of this wedding talk makes me think that I'd be strongly in favour of eloping if I found a bloke I could tolerate long enough to marry. :p
Off to the Single thread for you Bluella :p

One of my girlfriend's mums had the right idea. She went to the US for 6 weeks, got married in Vegas (to her fiance, not just anyone) and sent back postcards with a photo of them on it. When they came home they just had a big party to celebrate. No one knew they were going to get married over there.

I honestly couldn't care less if I never get married...but if I do, then I'd just want to either elope on a beach somewhere or do the courthouse special.

They are lazy AF. I just have to pick up the slack thought because I want to make sure my brother's wedding is as perfect as possible.
Sounds kind of like how I would want to do it - maybe not Vegas, but maybe a small trip with essential immediate family only. Pay for their flights in lieu of a f-off expensive wedding.

Sounds kind of like how I would want to do it - maybe not Vegas, but maybe a small trip with essential immediate family only. Pay for their flights in lieu of a f-off expensive wedding.

I'd love to do that...but with divorced parents who both have new partners, immediate family is bigger than usual. Plus Mama hates being in the same room as Papa Homer so it makes for maximum awkwardness. The more people in between the two of them the better!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small weddings are the best. My sister got married and invited a fair few people to the ceremony, then cocktails with them for a few hours. Reception was just with about 15 of us immediate family and we had a freaking ball.

Small weddings are the best. My sister got married and invited a fair few people to the ceremony, then cocktails with them for a few hours. Reception was just with about 15 of us immediate family and we had a freaking ball.
I'd go the opposite way - very few people at the ceremony, then invite more people to the party. For me, I'd prefer the ceremony to be more intimate - I'm not a naturally emotionally expressive person and don't really like people watching me do stuff (I know, I'm weird), so the idea of making public declarations of love in front of hundreds of people and then having them watch me like a performing seal for a whole day makes me want to run.

I'd go the opposite way - very few people at the ceremony, then invite more people to the party. For me, I'd prefer the ceremony to be more intimate - I'm not a naturally emotionally expressive person and don't really like people watching me do stuff (I know, I'm weird), so the idea of making public declarations of love in front of hundreds of people and then having them watch me like a performing seal for a whole day makes me want to run.
The party is the expensive part though.

I'm the same when it comes to expression that's why we did things differently with the magician etc.

Didn't want it to be boring for our friends and family as we only have the one group of friends (no his and hers really) it was as much for them as it was for us.

The party is the expensive part though.
Sorry, I was on the phone when I did the other reply and didn't explain myself properly. I wouldn't do the usual expensive reception function - I would probably either just book out a restaurant or pub space, or a hall or something. Yes, it would still be expensive, but I would rather spend the money on food/drink etc. than pay for a fancypants venue with an exorbitant 'wedding tax' on top of their prices.

Sorry, I was on the phone when I did the other reply and didn't explain myself properly. I wouldn't do the usual expensive reception function - I would probably either just book out a restaurant or pub space, or a hall or something. Yes, it would still be expensive, but I would rather spend the money on food/drink etc. than pay for a fancypants venue with an exorbitant 'wedding tax' on top of their prices.
I got married on a Thursday cut the cost of everything practically in half

I got married on a Thursday cut the cost of everything practically in half
My auntie recently got married and just had the ceremony where the reception was (a local hall). Ceremony went for an hour or something and then we ate/drank in the same room. She had hers on a weekend, but you could totally do that format during the week, I guess.

I got married on a friday
It went from like $120 a head on Saturday to $90 or so on Friday and $68 on Thursday.

When you're talking about 70 odd people it adds up.

Glad we don't talk to Mrs happydude's family. Got out of paying for their food and s**t. Made it cheaper with no family of the bride

It went from like $120 a head on Saturday to $90 or so on Friday and $68 on Thursday.

When you're talking about 70 odd people it adds up.

Glad we don't talk to Mrs happydude's family. Got out of paying for their food and s**t. Made it cheaper with no family of the bride
Wow didnt realise how much cheaper midweek is.

Wow didnt realise how much cheaper midweek is.
That's the 1 venue for ceremony and reception.

Also got a complimentary town care to the hotel and free night accommodation in a luxury suite.

Too bad I was too drunk to enjoy it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back