Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

He was diagnosed with asbestosis a few years ago and now has emphasema. He also caught terbeculosis recently but was cleared of that last week. On top of all that, he has fluid on his lungs and has relied on an oxygen machine for the past few months. He has been in and out of hospital but now it looks like he's not going to leave until he's passed away :(

When I visited him in hospital today, he didn't look like pop :( He's going downhill extremely quickly. They called us late tonight, just after I posted my previous message, and asked us to come in because he doesn't have long to live :(

My grandma, uncle and aunty are with him now and the rest of us have gone home to get some rest.

I can't sleep :(

He was diagnosed with asbestosis a few years ago and now has emphasema. He also caught terbeculosis recently but was cleared of that last week. On top of all that, he has fluid on his lungs and has relied on an oxygen machine for the past few months. He has been in and out of hospital but now it looks like he's not going to leave until he's passed away :(

When I visited him in hospital today, he didn't look like pop :( He's going downhill extremely quickly. They called us late tonight, just after I posted my previous message, and asked us to come in because he doesn't have long to live :(

My grandma, uncle and aunty are with him now and the rest of us have gone home to get some rest.

Terrible time. Asbestosis is horrible without the other issues. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Urgh, sorry to hear that. It's horrible seeing loved ones like that, i hope he finds his peace soon x

Kogan Christmas gift ideas for her email. It's all cooking utensils or machinery.

If I were to purchase any of these items for my wife, my present would be a kick in the Jatz crackers.:straining:

And rightly so.

Hence it ends up in the ya gotta hate thread.:)

Really struggling for ideas this year as we are considering a large scale holiday next year and have promised to reign in the christmas spend on each other.

What does she like? What are her hobbies?

Have covered those areas extensively already. I was thinking something more along the lines of relaxation and pampering. But that will throw the budget out, which I'm fine with. Her being an accountant, not so much.

May I ask the budget?
I'm the queen of gift giving.

She has asked me to keep it under $200. I'm willing to bend that a little, but she has made it hard this year and pretty much purchased everything she has hinted an interest in. That why I thought about the pampering thing seeing she is a mother of 3 and holds down a part time position. She is fairly time poor and deserves a bit of time out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about you just say you're not giving each other presents and go out for a nice dinner somewhere?

This is good too but baby sitting doesn't come easy for us either. We're pretty removed from close family distance wise. And most of our friends a childless/clueless when it comes to kids.:D

This is good too but baby sitting doesn't come easy for us either. We're pretty removed from close family distance wise. And most of our friends a childless/clueless when it comes to kids.:D
How much do you like her? Throw her out of a plane for a skydive? :D

Does she like animals? You can book a night to sleep at either zoo. http://www.zoo.org.au/melbourne/wild-encounters/roar-n-snore or http://www.zoo.org.au/werribee/wild-encounters/slumber-safari . I can highly recommend this too!

How much do you like her? Throw her out of a plane for a skydive? :D

Does she like animals? You can book a night to sleep at either zoo. http://www.zoo.org.au/melbourne/wild-encounters/roar-n-snore or http://www.zoo.org.au/werribee/wild-encounters/slumber-safari . I can highly recommend this too!

With a fear of heights she'd throw me out first without a parachute.:D
And the Werribee zoo option is magnificent but we did that with our eldest son last summer. Fantastic night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back