Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Both accidents were where someone has gone straight up the back of another car. I'd say 9 times out of 10 someone is either on their phone or otherwise distracted and too close to the car in front.
Could be worse. You could be the person that's been run up the back of!

About this time last year I had my crash. Was going along a 70km/h road and a lady decides to pull out from a side street without looking. Nailed her driver's side door. She's bloody lucky I was paying attention and had slowed prior to hitting her!

Could be worse. You could be the person that's been run up the back of!

About this time last year I had my crash. Was going along a 70km/h road and a lady decides to pull out from a side street without looking. Nailed her driver's side door. She's bloody lucky I was paying attention and had slowed prior to hitting her!
Could have been very very nasty otherwise. One moment of not paying attention can cost so so much. She clearly wouldn't have meant it, but nothing you can do about it, just gotta hope everyone is ok. Hate seeing people berate someone after a crash, it's terrible.

I guess that's why they're called accidents and not deliberates :p

Could have been very very nasty otherwise. One moment of not paying attention can cost so so much. She clearly wouldn't have meant it, but nothing you can do about it, just gotta hope everyone is ok. Hate seeing people berate someone after a crash, it's terrible.

I guess that's why they're called accidents and not deliberates :p
Yeah, poor woman was coming off a 12 hour shift as an emergency call operater (000 operator). She was so apologetic and all the rest. She couldn't believe how good I was about the whole thing. She was shaking and in tears and I ended up having to console her! Haha.
She was worried that she'd damaged my pride and joy. While I absolutely love my ride, at the end of the day it's just a car.

Yeah, poor woman was coming off a 12 hour shift as an emergency call operater (000 operator). She was so apologetic and all the rest. She couldn't believe how good I was about the whole thing. She was shaking and in tears and I ended up having to console her! Haha.
She was worried that she'd damaged my pride and joy. While I absolutely love my ride, at the end of the day it's just a car.
Thats it.
Cars can be replaced.
What i also don't get is why people feel the need to rubber neck at accidents. Happened on Eastlink this morning and the bank of traffic would have stretched for a kilometre or more.

Owner at work has sold the property to a new person but the sale hasn't been settled yet, and so he has just stopped giving a * and the whole place has gone to s**t. Three room moves at 3 am because the rooms are suddenly infested with flies and I know exactly what from and trust me you do not want to know. And better yet the same thing is going to happen tomorrow, because those rooms will be occupied tomorrow and even better yet, the hotel is at full occupancy and there will be nowhere to move them. Ah joy.

Owner at work has sold the property to a new person but the sale hasn't been settled yet, and so he has just stopped giving a **** and the whole place has gone to s**t. Three room moves at 3 am because the rooms are suddenly infested with flies and I know exactly what from and trust me you do not want to know. And better yet the same thing is going to happen tomorrow, because those rooms will be occupied tomorrow and even better yet, the hotel is at full occupancy and there will be nowhere to move them. Ah joy.
Arrrgh. I don't understand why the sell inventory into negative in suburban properties! There's nowhere to bump to.
We were -13 one night last week. Lunacy.

Arrrgh. I don't understand why the sell inventory into negative in suburban properties! There's nowhere to bump to.
I imagine i'd hate that as well if i could understand what you are referring to

Or situations where nobody updates the inventory grid during the day and I end up getting someone book at some ridiculously low Expedia rate and have to put them in a suite. But nobody in the senior management cares because they're not the ones who have to deal with it at 3 am. Night manager, not even once

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owner at work has sold the property to a new person but the sale hasn't been settled yet, and so he has just stopped giving a **** and the whole place has gone to s**t. Three room moves at 3 am because the rooms are suddenly infested with flies and I know exactly what from and trust me you do not want to know. And better yet the same thing is going to happen tomorrow, because those rooms will be occupied tomorrow and even better yet, the hotel is at full occupancy and there will be nowhere to move them. Ah joy.

Been there, done that twice with new chinese owners who didnt believe in preventative maintenance. Although never had a pest problem. Ive had hot water systems burst, more fire evacuations than I can count, STAR force (SWAT) raids, more suicides and attempted suicides than i can count.

I had the delightful experience of having to explain to one owner that when we are already full to the brim with football players, its not the best idea to accept a 100 person booking from the University of Queensland for the Uni games. You can only accommodate so many people in our setup, even if you are tricky with the beds and rooms.

Or situations where nobody updates the inventory grid during the day and I end up getting someone book at some ridiculously low Expedia rate and have to put them in a suite. But nobody in the senior management cares because they're not the ones who have to deal with it at 3 am. Night manager, not even once

First thing I do when i get to work is check the inventory and then shut it down as needed now. Christ knows Ill kill someone if that happens again. Night Shift manager here - going on ten years in August. I may not have seen the sun since 2006.

Bloody hell!

Living in Canberra is expensive in the winter!

Might have to go back to work mate ;)
Reverse cycle air conditioning has to work pretty hard on those minus 6 mornings.:eek:

Have not got time to go back to work , I am just way too busy :p

Holy s**t! I don't like it when mine gets close to $400.

Reckon you need to stop growing pot indoors to supplement the retirement Acey ;)
Hmm, had not thought of that.

Best electricity bill is the summer one and is usually just under $600.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back