Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

I didn't realise the sort of intellectual Leviathan I was dealing with.

Look, it is clear from your responses to other people in this thread you are hurting more from either the result of the bombers game, or the state of your teams list than I first realised.

Either way, you stay strong champ.

Strong pseudo-intellectualism here.

Is there any such thing as an non cowardly punch?

Nothing brave about snotting a bloke, on field or off.
the king hit which was renamed the coward punch is a punch you cannot defend yourself from..ie a cheap shot from behind.

Yarrans punch was stupid not cowardly as he was facing chapman..you know the guy who started the fracas. Two people going at it physically have a chance to protect themselves - just because chapman was hiding behind the 'jumper punch is ok' rule doesnt mean that yarrans efforts were cowardly.

You do realise that Yarran is a decent boxer and would easily hold his own ?

How's Yarran a coward for flooring the guy giving out cowardly hits behind the play? Hell the only reason this got reported is because Chapman went down so easily. The umpire remonstrated with Chapman, not Yarran. You can construe that Chapman got what he deserved then since the umpire didn't even report Yarran as well.

Are you serious?

He's a coward because he punched someone in a situation where he knew he couldn't be punched back.

You talk about Yarran being a trained boxer and in the next breath you talk about a guy who wore a punch from him that drew blood "going down easily".

The only reason he got reported was because he threw a left hook at hit another player in the face.

If you go out at night for example, elbow a guy in the spine, ribs and he punches you out then the law will favour him.

What the * are you talking about?

This isn't the street. They are playing a full contact sport and the sort of contact you're talking about happens in every game. You're allowed to bump and elbow in AFL football. You're not allowed to punch someone in the face.

Btw how is a late bump a footballing mistake instead of a clear act of violence?

When you tackle, you intention is to hurt them. When you jump off the ground to throw your whole body weight and potentially paralyses someone you intend to hurt. Neck damage is no joke. A severe neck injury may not kill or paralyze a footballer but it could affect his job opportunities beyond his career and overall well being for life.

How desperately are you going to defend a cowardly and stupid act?

Bumps and tackles are part of the game. You can bump and tackle legally as a part of the game. Bumps and tackles aren't against the rules of the sport.

You can't punch someone intentionally to the head as a part of the game.

CY: I wanted to hit Chapman. I aimed to hit Chapman. I swung my fist at Chapman. I believe I made contact with Chapman. I felt like I hit Chapman. But it was the good fist, not the bad fist.

AFL Tribunal: It is the opinion of this tribunal that we can not be and are not comfortably satisfied the fist that hit Chapman was in fact belonging to Chris Yarran.

Wouldn't take even the inept AFL Tribunal long to come to comfortable satisfaction that you're still offended after Rd.2

Are you serious?

He's a coward because he punched someone in a situation where he knew he couldn't be punched back.

You talk about Yarran being a trained boxer and in the next breath you talk about a guy who wore a punch from him that drew blood "going down easily".

The only reason he got reported was because he threw a left hook at hit another player in the face.

What the **** are you talking about?

This isn't the street. They are playing a full contact sport and the sort of contact you're talking about happens in every game. You're allowed to bump and elbow in AFL football. You're not allowed to punch someone in the face.

1. Chapman was playing dirty and Yarran in any other given situation was well within his rights to defend himself.

2. You said that Chapman would easily bash Yarran. I'd pointed out that wasn't the case. \

3. Actually happens a fair bit nowadays without players going out for it.

4. Again Chapman was playing dirty and hoping that the rules would stop Yarran from retaliating i.e cowardly. The umpire who is the law on the ground clearly saw that Yarran had a case to drop Chapman.

5.Chapman punched Gray three times square in the face last year and he didn't get a game off for it. If Chapman knees hold then Yarran would get 2 weeks at worst and none (likely) at best.

6. Does the fact that Chapman king hit Tuohy in the same game when Tuohy was looking the other way mean anything to you? It worries me that you failed to acknowledge it considering your ravings about Yarran been a coward.

It also concerns me that you fail to see throwing your weight into somebody head as a "footballing mistake".

Late bumps are designed to hurt the opposition.

Murphy had to go to hospital after Hodge ran through him. Far worse then a split brow which bleed easily from the smallest cut.

How desperately are you going to defend a cowardly and stupid act?

Bumps and tackles are part of the game. You can bump and tackle legally as a part of the game. Bumps and tackles aren't against the rules of the sport.

You can't punch someone intentionally to the head as a part of the game.

So Tuohy can get king hit by Chapman and it's all fine?

Chapman's cheap hits are all just part of the "game".

A deliberate late bump is. An accidental late bump isn't.

Show some footage of the Tuohy incident or stop bringing it up.

Yarran had the opportunity to retaliate within the rules and was either too stupid or too cowardly to do so.

You say "any other given situation" as if that's in any way relevant. In this situation, Chapman couldn't retaliate without risking games (and had enough self control to stop himself). Yarran's punch was a coward act and it will taint his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A deliberate late bump is. An accidental late bump isn't.

Show some footage of the Tuohy incident or stop bringing it up.

Yarran had the opportunity to retaliate within the rules and was either too stupid or too cowardly to do so.

You say "any other given situation" as if that's in any way relevant. In this situation, Chapman couldn't retaliate without risking games (and had enough self control to stop himself). Yarran's punch was a coward act and it will taint his career.

7.27 ball up last quarter. Go nuts.

What, you mean stand there and go toe-to-toe in Chapman's favourite activities; jumper punching and pulling mean faces? Where the supposed tough guy can grab hold of you behind play and keep shoving his fists into your face and you have to either do the same lame s**t back, or run away?

Nah, pass.

Glad Yarran punched him in the face. Well worth the three weeks to see Chapman's reputation hit the deck almost as quick as he did.

Goddard has to be the biggest sook and flog in the league. He just said on 360 he rates what Yarran did as the same as the Barry Hall/ Brent Staker incident. What an absolute tool. This along with him sooking and making sure everyone knew that Gibbs hit his head the other day makes him an absolute bitch of the highest order.
Keep the hate coming.

You do realise that Yarran is a decent boxer and would easily hold his own ?

How's Yarran a coward for flooring the guy giving out cowardly hits behind the play? Hell the only reason this got reported is because Chapman went down so easily. The umpire remonstrated with Chapman, not Yarran. You can construe that Chapman got what he deserved then since the umpire didn't even report Yarran as well.

If you go out at night for example, elbow a guy in the spine, ribs and he punches you out then the law will favour him.

Did you see Chapman wait till Tuohy had his head turned to give Tuohy a punch to the temple.

7.27 last quarter stoppage.
Chapman vs Tuohy left of screen.
Chapman waits till the umpire is blind sided by Tuohy and focused on the play so he can punch Tuohy whilst he is distracted.

That's cowardly and he could have gotten weeks off too if Tuohy brought it up.
Are you drunk?

the king hit which was renamed the coward punch is a punch you cannot defend yourself from..ie a cheap shot from behind.

Yarrans punch was stupid not cowardly as he was facing chapman..you know the guy who started the fracas. Two people going at it physically have a chance to protect themselves - just because chapman was hiding behind the 'jumper punch is ok' rule doesnt mean that yarrans efforts were cowardly.
Why would Chapman protect himself from punches to the face in a football match?

So when players are niggling each other you should also put your guard/hands up like it is a fighting match?

1. Chapman was playing dirty and Yarran in any other given situation was well within his rights to defend himself.

2. You said that Chapman would easily bash Yarran. I'd pointed out that wasn't the case. \

3. Actually happens a fair bit nowadays without players going out for it.

4. Again Chapman was playing dirty and hoping that the rules would stop Yarran from retaliating i.e cowardly. The umpire who is the law on the ground clearly saw that Yarran had a case to drop Chapman.

5.Chapman punched Gray three times square in the face last year and he didn't get a game off for it. If Chapman knees hold then Yarran would get 2 weeks at worst and none (likely) at best.

6. Does the fact that Chapman king hit Tuohy in the same game when Tuohy was looking the other way mean anything to you? It worries me that you failed to acknowledge it considering your ravings about Yarran been a coward.

It also concerns me that you fail to see throwing your weight into somebody head as a "footballing mistake".

Late bumps are designed to hurt the opposition.

Murphy had to go to hospital after Hodge ran through him. Far worse then a split brow which bleed easily from the smallest cut.
Defending himself? He was backing away from the nightcrawler and the puncher just kept coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back