Rumour Yarran to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Very different player to Suckling, but could slot into the back half/wing and be used in a similar way (as in driving the ball forward, except using his pace/short kicking rather than long kicking game like Suckling). Suckling meant to be on the way out. Thoughts?

Have been told by a reliable source that we made a play for him last year that was rejected but that won't be the case this time around. The Hawthorn coaching staff rate him very highly and he is clearly disinterested and on the outer at the Blues.
should come cheap, what would he be worth? considering has been dropped twice this season for disciplinary reasons.

Sounds feasible only if Suckling doesn't re-sign.

Burgoyne & Yarran aren't similar players.

They're indigenous & have good kicking skills.

That's pretty much it.

Terrible comparison.
This is so true.
One can play almost any position on the park at a high level and the other is still battling to settle and give consistent performance in one position.
I would prefer the Hawks had no interest in Yarran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually hard to compare Burgoyne to any player. Hodge or Goddard I suppose are utility types. Burgoyne is a better one on one player, a more dangerous forward & a better shut down defender.

My favourite non Saint.

Yarran is Jaspar Pittard, but less reliable.

I'd be surprised if Hawthorn were not interested in Yarran. He is highly talented and clearly not interested in staying at Carlton. He ticks a lot of boxes in the well trod Hawthorn pathway of getting in players from other clubs who can improve the team. I would love to get him over.

Very different player to Suckling, but could slot into the back half/wing and be used in a similar way (as in driving the ball forward, except using his pace/short kicking rather than long kicking game like Suckling). Suckling meant to be on the way out. Thoughts?
They have similar defensive efforts...I guess.

So what are Carlton getting in return?
A 137point loss in round 23 - we'll let you show signs of improvement :thumbsu:

So what are Carlton getting in return?
Maybe worth a mid second round, about 26-30... Hawthorn will probably have picks 17or18, then probably 35 to 40 depending free agency compensation picks and such. Maybe hawthorns second rounder and a swap of third round picks. A pick in the 30s doesn't seem fair value though. Given that there are now future picks in play (although both of the next two drafts are considered a bit soft,) maybe both of hawthorns next two second rounders?

Maybe worth a mid second round, about 26-30... Hawthorn will probably have picks 17or18, then probably 35 to 40 depending free agency compensation picks and such. Maybe hawthorns second rounder and a swap of third round picks. A pick in the 30s doesn't seem fair value though. Given that there are now future picks in play (although both of the next two drafts are considered a bit soft,) maybe both of hawthorns next two second rounders?
As he's still contracted we won't be giving him away. Plus i heard he was keen to go to SA.

I believe Suckling will go. Yarran would be a very nice replacement, who I think would improve under better leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back