Rumour Yarran to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Really odd comparison, considering that Garlett had just played a year of good footy at Swan Districts, and had been drafted in the belief that pretty much all of his troubles were a thing of the past.

Yarran has not lived up to his ability, due mostly to inconsistency and a questionable work ethic.
Hawthorn were just a bit arrogant and didn't do their homework on Garlett, fairly well known that the guy was a bad egg before he was picked up.

Hawthorn were just a bit arrogant and didn't do their homework on Garlett, fairly well known that the guy was a bad egg before he was picked up.
They watched him have a great season at Swan Districts, spoke to his club, spoke to him personally, had his manager tell them all his troubles were behind him...in hindsight, perhaps they should've asked his dealer if he was still in touch.

They watched him have a great season at Swan Districts, spoke to his club, spoke to him personally, had his manager tell them all his troubles were behind him...in hindsight, perhaps they should've asked his dealer if he was still in touch.
Don't WAFL clubs get a fairly substantial monetary payment when they get a player drafted into the AFL? Might have had a little bit to do with them saying that.

Don't WAFL clubs get a fairly substantial monetary payment when they get a player drafted into the AFL? Might have had a little bit to do with them saying that.
They do?

First I've heard of that.

Yarran isn't in career best form so not sure he is worth a heap given we'd have to de-Carlton him first.

Doesn't take much to decarlton a player if you look at the output of Jacobs, Betts, and Garlett etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont laugh… NFL teams do it ALL the time with their prospective player investigations…

#1 overall pick this year had 75 people interviewed that knew him.. and they were not all… moral citizens..

Go Catters

Another good ball user out of the back half for Hawthorn would be nice. If they wanted a straight swap maybe use Suckling and a Hawthorn draft pick to Carlton for him.

What I find interesting is the links to Adelaide or Port. Both SA clubs could do with Yarran's ball use off HB in my opinion. Woosha will smash the pea heartedness out of him

Another good ball user out of the back half for Hawthorn would be nice. If they wanted a straight swap maybe use Suckling and a Hawthorn draft pick to Carlton for him.

What I find interesting is the links to Adelaide or Port. Both SA clubs could do with Yarran's ball use off HB in my opinion. Woosha will smash the pea heartedness out of him

Suckling's a free agent. I'd imagine Carlton would be after the Hawks first round pick (15-18).

It's unlikely Worsfold will be here next year I'd have thought. He's here for his mate, he's clearly not enchanted by Adelaide.

Yeah , my gut is he lands in Adelaide as it was very early for Eddie Betts last year . With that addition and the growth of Atkins it would give us a little of some much needed leg speed . His lack of tank and heart are an issue but i am hoping a change of scenery will reinvigorate the desire . Worth a punt but not overs .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back