Rumour Yarran to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

His lack of tank and heart are an issue but i am hoping a change of scenery will reinvigorate the desire . Worth a punt but not overs .

Thats it. Carlton will try and milk every drop for him. Not saying they aren't welcome to but they will prefer to ask for overs and keep him of no deal can be done, or wait until last minute.

If he wanted to come home to WA I'd be very interested in getting him at West Coast. Has genuine break away leg speed and that's something we don't have in spades in the current list. Than the obvious question is would he be willing to work his way into a strong best 22 and maybe spend time in the WAFL before he gets a start at AFL level. Thats the issue with Yarran, if he doesn't get it how he wants it he may just throw his toys out of the cot.

So do we go with Yarran and lose a 1st or 2nd round pick to Carlton OR use our 1st round pick on a kid with breakaway speed that we would need to develop more but has a great attitude?

Will Burgoyne play forever will he??

He was over the hill when he came to us. Current trajectory has him playing well until 2020.

Sounds like what Hawk fans were saying when they drafted Garlett.

They did? I thought they said "We know you have had troubles but we are willing to use one of our final draft picks to give you a chance. You can live with Hodgey and if you are willing to commit we will do everything we can to make you a great player".

To which Garlett responded "No thanks, Im lazy and think I prefer the life of B&Es out West".

As for Yarran, I can only see us doing that if Suckling was gone, and at least one of our older defenders retired. We have a lot of talent fighting to get games. Yarran to date does not look like the type who puts in that sort of effort.

Burgoyne has been incredible for you guys . His form was declining at the Power and when he was traded i thought maybe 2 good years and i more mediocre before finishing up . Well blow that out the water . Credit to all .

Last edited:

Thats it. Carlton will try and milk every drop for him. Not saying they aren't welcome to but they will prefer to ask for overs and keep him of no deal can be done, or wait until last minute.

If he wanted to come home to WA I'd be very interested in getting him at West Coast. Has genuine break away leg speed and that's something we don't have in spades in the current list. Than the obvious question is would he be willing to work his way into a strong best 22 and maybe spend time in the WAFL before he gets a start at AFL level. Thats the issue with Yarran, if he doesn't get it how he wants it he may just throw his toys out of the cot.

So do we go with Yarran and lose a 1st or 2nd round pick to Carlton OR use our 1st round pick on a kid with breakaway speed that we would need to develop more but has a great attitude?

The fact Yarran's best games of footy seem to be at subi, where he uses his pace and line breaking.
Lends to us making a offer.
We will have two first rounders like adelaide and brisbane.

The fact Yarran's best games of footy seem to be at subi, where he uses his pace and line breaking.

Surely we wouldn't give up both of them, unless we get Carlton's first rounder next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His dad recently went on trial for bashing someone with a claw hammer

He is not going to come back to W.A.

Another pick up from Hawthorn, this time a first rounder!

If Sydney were banned from trading for a year, Hawthorn should be banned for 3!
Sydney are banned because there over the cap, they can trade who ever they want as long as they are under the cap.
Hawthorn well.... in Wright we trust :):rainbow::footy::thumbsu:.

So you think top 4 clubs shouldn't be allowed to recruit players, depending on where that player was originally taken in the draft?

So you think top 4 clubs shouldn't be allowed to recruit players, depending on where that player was originally taken in the draft?

I just think that Hawthorn are worse than Sydney, whom by the way, cop a lot of flak on BigFooty.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks "cook the books" or have outside payment strategies like endorsements, sponsorship's etc. to keep the group together.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks "cook the books" or have outside payment strategies like endorsements, sponsorship's etc. to keep the group together.
Look at the campaigner in your avatar before you start trash talking other clubs and their "outside payment strategies".

You can say what you want, but Hawthorn haven't gone about this recruitment strategy by stitching up other clubs.

General consensus when we recruited Burgoyne, Hale, Gibson and Lake was that we had paid overs.

If the club hadn't gone on to win flags, you could be entitled to call it overs and call it a bust.

However, that's not what happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back