YAY!!! NAB Cup back to the old format.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does AFL club membership get you in free like it used to?

It does, yes. Although you can reserve tickets for a fee (not sure how much that is yet).

I'm planning to go to both the Launceston game and the Bendigo game, is there any need to reserve tickets for either game? Surely it wouldn't sell out the 19,000 of Aurora although it wouldn't surprise me if the town of Bendigo gave 10,000 a shake at the QEO.

Couldn't name the past two winners of the nab cup tbh. It means nothing.
Has there even been "winners"? I thought they just played some preseason games and that was it.

I booked my tickets for the bendigo game against Carlton today. My folks live in a echuca, so it was a good idea for a halfway drive to watch the game. It said something about standing only for the general admission tickets? Is this right? How country is the ground? Will it be standing only, or can you bring I. Your camping chair etc. looking forward to seeing the footy again and to hopefully see a few of the young kids getting around! :)

I booked my tickets for the bendigo game against Carlton today. My folks live in a echuca, so it was a good idea for a halfway drive to watch the game. It said something about standing only for the general admission tickets? Is this right? How country is the ground? Will it be standing only, or can you bring I. Your camping chair etc. looking forward to seeing the footy again and to hopefully see a few of the young kids getting around! :)

Hi Phil. I'm also heading up to the game as I have a lot of relo's in Bendigo (mostly Carlton supporters though!!) and it will be nice to catch up with them again. Interestingly enough I've never been to a game at the QEO but having a look at a couple of pictures online it seems that there would be room for a camping chair, only issue is you'd probably have to get there early to be right up to the fence as I reckon they'll get a decent crowd (capacity of the ground is supposedly 10,000). As far as I know there is only the one 'grandstand' but that also comes under general admission so again if you get there early enough you'll be able to have a nice seat undercover. :)

QEO2.gif

2429655_1_O.jpg

Can someone summarize the differences between this years premiership season and the preseason cup? Does it still have supergoals for example? Is it full length games?

TIA

Can someone summarize the differences between this years premiership season and the preseason cup? Does it still have supergoals for example? Is it full length games?

TIA

From my understanding the only real differences are an extended interchange bench and the supergoals, the games themselves played full length.

I haven't heard of them doing anything out of the ordinary this preseason, like that god awful rule from a few years back, where if the ball rolls out of bounds, it's an automatic out on the full to the last team that touched it.

Truly awful that, and if they've brought it back, or any rules like it, I may off myself.

From my understanding the only real differences are an extended interchange bench and the supergoals, the games themselves played full length.

I haven't heard of them doing anything out of the ordinary this preseason, like that god awful rule from a few years back, where if the ball rolls out of bounds, it's an automatic out on the full to the last team that touched it.

Truly awful that, and if they've brought it back, or any rules like it, I may off myself.

Pretty much. The bench is 3 interchange and 3 subs with the rotation cap, unless it gets hot enough to activate the heat policy, in which case the bench becomes 6 interchange and no subs and the rotation cap is done away with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Gibbsy, I will chuck a couple of chairs in the car, go up early, and see what happens then. My wife and (step) daughter are are Carlton, so it's always good to go to these games together to stir each other up. Mum is also Carlton, but dad is a Pies man, so it evens it out a bit. Should be a good game, cant wait! Plus, 5 tickets for about $90, got to be happy with that! :)

They did. $180,000 for the winner.

In 2007, they also had a $1 million prize on offer for the club who could win both the NAB Cup and the premiership in the one calendar year/season. Nobody did pull that feat off though, so they discontinued it.

Funny because two years later Geelong did it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back