MRP / Trib. Yeo offered a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Challenge will :( would have been successful:

Legitimate attempt to spoil
arrived 0.2 seconds after the ball was marked, if the ball were hit it would have been called play on, so not a 'late' hit
missed the ball by less than an inch, due to Webster carrying it forward
Umpire did not reward 50 and said 'its in the contest. no second action'
No injury
blood nose can happen with the slightest impact, and so can a broken nose for that matter. nose not broken.
player came back on after being checked by medical staff
the concussion attributed to this incident in the media is incorrect
Incidental contact
the incidental contact to the nose was in part caused by Webster's turning his head to the right after marking the ball

137327_c3bca1fdaa54889d1ed1b6cd942a25c9.png

Challenge will be successful:

Legitimate attempt to spoil
arrived 0.2 seconds after the ball was marked, if the ball were hit it would have been called play on, so not a 'late' hit
missed the ball by less than an inch, due to Webster carrying it forward
Umpire did not reward 50 and said 'its in the contest. no second action'
No injury
blood nose can happen with the slightest impact, and so can a broken nose for that matter. nose not broken.
player came back on after being checked by medical staff
the concussion attributed to this incident in the media is incorrect
Incidental contact
the incidental contact to the nose was in part caused by Webster's turning his head to the right after marking the ball

137327_c3bca1fdaa54889d1ed1b6cd942a25c9.png
Who wants to be the bearer of bad news?

So sorry to get your hopes up :(. 92.9 DID state that we would challenge this morning , but in hindsight , they didn't elaborate and maybe they were just copying The West's headline (it was only speculative article) and reading into Simmo's comments last night. Disappointing :( but typical of our conservative club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't fathom how this is a reportable offence. I thought this nonsense was going to be stamped out and he gets rubbed out due to a straight arm spoil that was another coat of leather away from the ball.
As the ump said there was no second motion meaning that he didn't do the old "i can't see the ball but I am going to blindly swing my arm around in front of your face to see if I can make a connection".

Now we will lose by even more than we already were going to due to their talls.

There will be some revision of a few threads on here after the weekend.

It actually shouldn't have even been talked about at all after the free kick. There's just no way that anyone should be suspended or even reported for this kind of incident. Tim Watson can EAD.

The fact is, Yeo has been suspended for slightly mistiming a spoil. If he went to mark it instead and hit Webster with an open hand it wouldn't have been looked at. How can you suspend a bloke for mistiming a spoil?

Now we will lose by even more than we already were going to due to their talls.

There will be some revision of a few threads on here after the weekend.
I reckon we'll win by 1-2 goals instead of 4-6 now.

Johnson gets off for whacking a player in the pills- "accidental in the course of attempting to gain possession"

McVeigh gets off for whacking a player high who doesn't have the ball- "in the course of a legitimate tackling action"

Sam Mitchell, fine, "careless". Fyfe, fine.

Multiple players have been let off for deliberate, non football actions outside the course of regular play. And the guy who gets 2 weeks is the one making a play for the actual ball.

The MRP has been ok this season. This suspension though is manifestly excessive given the results of others, and given any modicum of common sense, which you'd expect a bunch of ex AFL players to have, given they've played the ******* game.

And the club doesn't want to risk two weeks so doesn't challenge? Show some stones, the players are doing it on field so why are you dogging us with this off field bullshit? The coach wanted to challenge, the decision is wrong, back him in. Not "please sir can I have another".

If we get bent over with more poor MRP decisions you can take it to the club and say that's what you get for enabling this

I understand the decision, from the Eagles perspective, but a bloody terrible decision ... bending over again.
A genuine spoil ... the mrp (vic centric) is getting more pathetic, not better.
Fix it AFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back