Yeo's spoil/hit on Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Yeo deserves a suspension, but how that wasn't a 50m penalty is beyond me. That is exactly what the rule is there for, he punched him after he had already marked it.

He didn't punch him though - he collected him high with the side of his wrist

He was genuinely spoiling the ball in the contest . .. not late. The ump called it as it was

At the time the ball was marked - Yeo's fist was directly behind the line of the ball. Unfortunately the two players were heading in opposite directions and the side of his wrist/forearm collected Webster high.

50's are for late hits or malicious acts - this was neither

I was sitting directly behind the line of the ball.

He didn't punch him though - he collected him high with the side of his wrist

He was genuinely spoiling the ball in the contest . .. not late. The ump called it as it was

At the time the ball was marked - Yeo's fist was directly behind the line of the ball. Unfortunately the two players were heading in opposite directions and the side of his wrist/forearm collected Webster high.

50's are for late hits or malicious acts - this was neither

I was sitting directly behind the line of the ball.

Well I was as well, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

What a croc. Did you actually see it. If you did you are just talking shite. It was in the contest. Bitter for losing by any chance.
Yeah fair enough, had another look, nowhere near as bad as I thought at the time with the slow-mo replays. Shouldn't be looked at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understandable. He would've been fine if Webster had gotten up and been able to continue playing.

Understandable. He would've been fine if Webster had gotten up and been able to continue playing.

As has been confirmed by their coach, he suffered a hit afterwards from one of his own players that forced him to be subbed.

Not from the Yeo spoil.

He was, wasn't he? I thought Richardson said the concussion came from a later incident?

Yep -

The Saints had already used their substitute at the time of Fisher's injury after Jimmy Webster was concussed in a collision involving teammate Sean Dempster. Webster had been forced off earlier in the quarter after being the victim of a crude late spoil from Eagle Elliot Yeo that left the Saint with a bloodied nose.

He was, wasn't he? I thought Richardson said the concussion came from a later incident?

Yep -

Your right, my mistake. I must have missed the second incident involving Webster. Yeo was a bit stiff then.

Absolute disgrace, audio from the umpire's mic "It's in the contest, there was no second action". Slippery slope argument is generally not a good one but if they deemed this worthy a suspension couldn't a the guy who hits a player ducking for a free go if they made forceful enough contact? This was so clearly in the contest, for them to rule it late is pretty worrying. Was worth a 50, maybe a fine if the MRP were feeling spiteful, that's it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back