Yoga

Remove this Banner Ad

7hJhtn3.jpg

Yea, sounds like a real sack of s**t.

Did it again last week, was keen for tonight, but after some air travel, I've got the dreaded man flu.

Going to keep doing it though, I really enjoy the challenge and the workout. Second session I did the instructor was more into the spiritual side of it; didn't mind that either!!

Did it again last week, was keen for tonight, but after some air travel, I've got the dreaded man flu.

Going to keep doing it though, I really enjoy the challenge and the workout. Second session I did the instructor was more into the spiritual side of it; didn't mind that either!!

good to hear

That doesn't surprise me too much if its true, just because the vibe of Bikram is so off imo.

What yoga are you doing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah...my hamstrings are the worst...so tight it makes poses difficult, but i need to to put the work into them.

Yoga instructor would just shake his head watching me trying dog...

:) - ha... I was like that...consistently doing yoga has helped me a lot...
less back pain too :thumbsu:

:) - ha... I was like that...consistently doing yoga has helped me a lot...
less back pain too :thumbsu:

Yeah.
I changed jobs 2 years ago and the reduction in stress made an immediate difference to my back.

I was putting my back out very badly every two to three months. I've not put it out in 2 years.
But am having some issues with shoulders and right hip which I think are related to computer work...so need to start again, even if it's just at home

Whatever mate, we're too tough for that.

So the Hot Yoga place I like is 20 minutes away from work, 35 minutes away from home.

Bikram has opened, 5 minutes from work, 10 minutes from home...

A lot of people shitcan Bikram and prefer the flow type hot yoga, but I think I might give it a go...
hot yoga appears to attract the hot girls if that doco is anything to go on. Is there one in the inner eastern suburbs, Melbourne. I'm a twisted tight mess, yoga would probably sort me right out.

Hey, what would be the difference between 'Hatha' yoga and 'power' yoga?

From what I understand Hatha is a fairly general term that can describe any type of physical yoga. If a class is described as Hatha it's likely to be fairly slow-paced and gentle apparently.

Power yoga is based on Ashtanga which is a fast paced, intense type of yoga involving constantly flowing through poses with no rest. I think power yoga focuses more on constant movement than holding the pose like some other forms, so it's a bit more cardio heavy, and it can also be a little less focused on flexibility and more on strength than some other types.

Last edited:
Nice. I've been doing Vinyasa & Hatha twice a week for a while now...I wish I had the time to practice everyday
Same here. I've been doing classes in Hatha and Vinyasa for around two years now. I go to one formal class a week, then incorporate a basic routine of yoga and meditation most other days at home.

I'm totally blown away by the benefits. Started off noticing the physical changes-better immunity, posture, flexibility etc....., but it's the subtle changes that have kept me practising. Can't believe how much improved my focus, calmness and general sense of well-being are. Just love it. :thumbsu:

May as well ask my fellow BF'ers-has anyone done any yoga in India? Am thinking of traveling to India next year, and hope to do some yoga while there.. I know there's info on the net, but I tend to get a bit overwhelmed with it all. There's just so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back