You Get What You Deserve

Remove this Banner Ad

This might not last long but we should keep track of who we've heard say this since Ken first came out with it. He should get royalties! :D

Today I heard Adam Simpson say it before the GC game.

Before that I've heard Sam Jacobs and Alan Richardson trot it out. Possibly SAndo, but I don't know if that counts. ;)

I'm pretty sure one of the coaches either used it in Friday nights post game presser or the Friday before that.

Journos in SA use it all the time, but the Vic journos and past players on TV and radio panels have started using it the last couple of months.

...... Today I heard Adam Simpson say it before the GC game. .....
Heard that too. I commented to her indoors at the time that Simpson had taken that from Kern.

sandos we will show no mercy never caught on
Adelaide will show no mercy against Essendon: Sanderson

artworks-000033142460-81drse-t200x200.jpg

Essendon 15.11 (101)
Adelaide Crows 14.8 (92)

Best footy saying ever, so damn true.
Sorry, have to disagree. Great saying, but not true. Adelaide rort draft and salary cap, get a pat on the back for it. Melbourne don't tank (but get fined for it). Essendon drug cheat penalties from AFL. Many MRP decisions over several years. Midfielder's Medal result since at least 2004. Etc...

Oh and Port wearing the away Guernsey for its home final for the most recent example.

Sorry, have to disagree. Great saying, but not true. Adelaide rort draft and salary cap, get a pat on the back for it. Melbourne don't tank (but get fined for it). Essendon drug cheat penalties from AFL. Many MRP decisions over several years. Midfielder's Medal result since at least 2004. Etc...

Oh and Port wearing the away Guernsey for its home final for the most recent example.
When I saw this post on the Port homepage I thought "I don't remember posting on this" but then I remembered that was my TPFP name.

Adelaide rort draft and salary cap, get a pat on the back for it. .

Adelaide have copped their whack, way more than Melbourne or Essendon have copped -

Also, I would've thought you guys would be too focused on September rather than bringing up random Home & Away matches between Essendon and Adelaide.....

:thumbsu:

good luck Sunday - Hope you smash Richmond while in white (while Norwood smash the Magpies on Saturday ) - It all evens out

Adelaide have copped their whack, way more than Melbourne or Essendon have copped -

Also, I would've thought you guys would be too focused on September rather than bringing up random Home & Away matches between Essendon and Adelaide.....

good luck Sunday - Hope you smash Richmond while in white (while Norwood smash the Magpies on Saturday ) - It all evens out

that's actually pretty fair call. Melbourne tank and get 500k fine which the AFL pay. then Essendon have systematic drug cheating take their draft picks but give them one back. both of these are far worse than that deal that tippett had yet Adelaide cop a heavier fine. well done triggy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide have copped their whack, way more than Melbourne or Essendon have copped

IF Adelaide have copped way more than Essendon or Adelaide (which I would dispute) that does not necessarily mean they were adequately punished for rorting the two pillars that AFL team equalisation is built on.

Can't disagree with any of that. I guess my take on it is more aligned to the things we can control like training standards, not taking shortcuts, instilling players with belief , commitment to the club and team on and off the field etc. These are the things that have made us the club we are.

That is very true. You did the crime, you did the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back