You know what really grinds my gears?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sick and tired of jockeys on front runners going way too slow. It only brings more horses into the race as chances. For instance if a horse can run 1.22 for 1400 meters and most of the horses can run the race in 1.23 run fast you moron jockey, you will have most of the rest of the field beaten already. When it runs 1.24 and most of the horses can run 33 seconds for the last 600 meters it gives so many horses in the race a chance to beat it. If you run faster in front you have most of the horses out wide beaten too because they are not allowed to relax to keep up. . Jockeys have lost the art of rating a race.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think the lack of straight racing in Oz really makes it a struggle for jockey's to develop. There's nowhere to hide in a straight race and the fact 95% of our jockey's can't seem to ride them properly suggests there are fatal flaws in their ability. It's easy to hold up a horse around a bend and explode at the top of the straight but rating a horse and knowing when to get going without those bends is a much more difficult art form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back