You know you're getting old when.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Head over to the states again, they carded my 61 year old dad a few years ago :p

Yeah but America is craaaaazy. I remember it being a massive issue that my license was out of date so they weren't going to give me the beer I wanted. Oh wait a sec... its not out of date IS IT you morons, we do the date the other way round!!!! /rant.

Yeah but America is craaaaazy. I remember it being a massive issue that my license was out of date so they weren't going to give me the beer I wanted. Oh wait a sec... its not out of date IS IT you morons, we do the date the other way round!!!! /rant.
Plus your DOB isn't really affected by the status of your legality to drive, so I'd argue you should still be able to use it as a form of ID. Their date system messed me up a lot when I was studying over there, I tended to stick to the Australian/correct way when I would submit stuff, see how they like being confused.

Plus your DOB isn't really affected by the status of your legality to drive, so I'd argue you should still be able to use it as a form of ID. Their date system messed me up a lot when I was studying over there, I tended to stick to the Australian/correct way when I would submit stuff, see how they like being confused.

I know, they're ****en idiots. -but i love em-

as a guy, if i wasn't married and looking to pickup, my range of "would hit" is now mid twenties to mid forties

18 year olds these days are just terrible

as a guy, if i wasn't married and looking to pickup, my range of "would hit" is now mid twenties to mid forties

18 year olds these days are just terrible

Wow that old? My range would be late 20s- early 30s. Have NFI, but I'd prefer not to go out with a guy who's older than me. o_O

Wow that old? My range would be late 20s- early 30s. Have NFI, but I'd prefer not to go out with a guy who's older than me. o_O
I seem to remember you being short yourself...That really slims your choices...

banging a 40 year old when your mid 30's doesn't seem so bad. when you early 20's, it just seems weird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you start seeing people who are working born after you started school.

When I started my first job at 16 it was still weird to some people there that I was born in the 1980s. By the time I left, the first wave of 1990s kids were coming through. If I went back next year kids born in 2000 would starting to be hired. It's a strange phenomenon to experience.

^^

On that same token, the other month I hooked up with a woman who it turned out was born in the 90s... (1990.. so 24 and totally appropriate age)...

however that doesn't mean that it stuffed around with my head for a bit.....

Technology dates you big time.

I'm not sure when the iPhone first came out (2007 - I checked) but to me the difference between the first iPhone and the latest one is minimal in the grand scheme of things. It's smaller, lighter, faster - whatever, but it's still an iPod/phone combined. I think the technology is pretty cool but to me is the natural progression of mobile and media storage technologies.

What I find weird is meeting people who never experienced high school without having an iphone. I grew up with cassette and VHS tapes. Records were just something we had from before I was born - which is something people on here born in the 60s or 70s would find weird. CDs took over in the early to mid 90s, DVDs the late 90s and mp3s and digital technology took off in the 2000s. Mobile phones started becoming more common in the 90s but it wasn't really until the 2000s that everyone had them and not til the mid 2000s onwards that people were glued to them 24/7. The idea of just being at school and going 'I'll just check what time the next bus is on the Transperth app' or 'I'll find the party address on Google maps' just doesn't compute with me.:D

Doing the newspaper quiz at work and the youngun's have simply not heard of Bands / World Events that everyone your age knows.
You can't understand the chick on the maccas drive through, partly because of the affected speech she is using, partly because you are going deaf.
The highlight of your weekend is getting the washing in / mowing the lawn just before it starts raining.
When you are out drinking, how you get home and how you will feel the next day are actually things you think about.

...much older, but I've been told that life comes full circle and a day will come where once again a central topic of discussion amongst friends at gatherings is drugs. Just different sorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back