Work & Education you pick one's spelling and grammar thread

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Here's a little pic for you to hang onto, allrighty- bring it out whenever you feel it's necessary ;)

344ce27f4efdf4f5d925a002048cc8d10803ca9dfe3c5b953becfefdf2b598c2.jpg
Than I could use then than then - right?

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
*puts up hand
Guilty!!

(Though I'm far too young to have had my knuckles strafed by the nuns for poor grammar. They'd stopped whacking most of the kids when I went to school- though my elder siblings can't say the same thing)

Btw, PiS, "Nuns" in your post should not have an apostrophe. In fact I'd question the use of apostrophes associated with that word- ever .... Nuns are not meant to own anything, are they?

Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
*puts up hand
Guilty!!

(Though I'm far too young to have had my knuckles strafed by the nuns for poor grammar. They'd stopped whacking most of the kids when I went to school- though my elder siblings can't say the same thing)

Btw, PiS, "Nuns" in your post should not have an apostrophe. In fact I'd question the use of apostrophes associated with that word- ever .... Nuns are not meant to own anything, are they?

Very observant, TC, obviously taught by Nuns.
Actually I was planning on writing Nun's big sticks.
Somehow that picture didn't gel, and I left it at Nun's.
Hence the error. :D:eek: They did own sticks in my day.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Very observant, TC, obviously taught by Nuns.
Actually I was planning on writing Nun's big sticks.
Somehow that picture didn't gel, and I left it at Nun's.
Hence the error. :D:eek: They did own sticks in my day.
Lol
Yes, my sisters told stories about getting rapped on the knuckles by the nun who taught them, if they got their piano scales wrong :(

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
FArrrrrkkkk.

This is an extract from The Age report of the HSU Union issues at the current Royal Commission from 30/08:

"Dr XXXX said she thought the $250,000 was a fair estimate of the union's costs and future expenses. Other then board members, however, say they knew nothing of the payment."

What bloody hope do we have?

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
FArrrrrkkkk.

This is an extract from The Age report of the HSU Union issues at the current Royal Commission from 30/08:

"Dr XXXX said she thought the $250,000 was a fair estimate of the union's costs and future expenses. Other then board members, however, say they knew nothing of the payment."

They all go to the same bloody journo school!!

here's another that I see quite often on boards (oh, and the confusion on quiet/quite, I just can't understand!):
COMPLIMENT vs COMPLEMENT

spelling-nazis-spelling-nazi-nazis-grammer-nazis-emo-demotivational-poster-1235839503.jpg

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
FArrrrrkkkk.

Notice everyone else has left this thread?

I'm still watching youse.

Just as a matter of interest, what is actually wrong with The Age one, apart from an (optional) missing hyphen, ie "then-Board"?

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm still watching youse.

Just as a matter of interest, what is actually wrong with The Age one, apart from an (optional) missing hyphen, ie "then-Board"?
Yes Fred, I re-read it and saw that but had already posted so too late! Well spotted. Aside - I know the person in the article well, who is being mercilessly and wrongly hammered over this by the Age.

Jul 27, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
*puts up hand
Guilty!!

Other than a fully intact hymen, no.

Back