Young Carlton Professionals (YCP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the point of joining this group? Are these people naive enough to think the club actually care? or is it just so the club know who to contact when it comes to trying to flog $200 raffle tickets.
At the end of the day, they are just like all of the other club related groups that go around - Coterie groups that do fundraising lunches and stuff like that. The "professionals" can claim costs as business expenses due to "networking opportunities", and the club makes a bit on the side as a result. Its a way for financial planners to find some new clients.

All the club has to do if offer up a couple guest speakers at a few annual functions, and thats all it takes for some extra cash in the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their website leaves a bit to be desired aesthetically.

Its awful, just awful. Look at the size of the navigation links:

home-inner-1.jpg

There are SIX of them, all that size. Hitting the quick navigation button blanks out the entire page and you're left with a list that takes up the entire width of the page.

And then compare that to the 4 point font size they've chosen married up to oversized and blurry pictures. Their website doesn't look very young or professional. Not very young and professional at all. I hope 100% of the membership fee goes entirely to a web developer to address that god awful mess.

Its awful, just awful. Look at the size of the navigation links:

home-inner-1.jpg

There are SIX of them, all that size. Hitting the quick navigation button blanks out the entire page and you're left with a list that takes up the entire width of the page.

And then compare that to the 4 point font size they've chosen married up to oversized and blurry pictures. Their website doesn't look very young or professional. Not very young and professional at all. I hope 100% of the membership fee goes entirely to a web developer to address that god awful mess.

Not sure what browser you are using but I don't have those issues at all on Chrome. It may well be a problem with your browsers as the website appears to be fine for me. Nice and clean.

Regardless, I dare say that if the biggest beef people have with the group is their current website, they're doing well.

Not sure what browser you are using but I don't have those issues at all on Chrome. It may well be a problem with your browsers as the website appears to be fine for me. Nice and clean.

Regardless, I dare say that if the biggest beef people have with the group is their current website, they're doing well.

Im using chrome. Maybe I hit up a cache of an old build by mistake :drunk:

I'm the daughter of a web designer. Website presentation is huge. If you can't navigate a page quickly, or the images are blurry, or you have to scroll down half a screen to find a heading, you're not going to spend any more time on that site than you absolutely have to.

They're trying to present the idea that they're a team of professionals who should be taken seriously as a network who can make a difference and influence the club. Their presentation doesn't speak to that at all.

Looked terrible on my work computer - using IE.

Regardless - at the end of the day, they are a group of people who all support Carlton and probably make some financial contribution to the club. As long as they dont influence football decisions, they can do what they want.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back