Prediction Your 2015 Draft Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

B.McKay
Fiorini
Adams
Galloway

My Predictions is that all Bulldogs draft watchers here will go through the five stages of Post Draft Grief or PDG. These are:

1. Denial — The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the announcer has called the wrong name and there will be correction to their chosen player

2. Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial is completely pointless, it becomes frustrated, especially at other Big Footy posters. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why him? He’s a spud!"; "How can Dal do this to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".

3. Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual will slide to the next pick. Or that we will pick a tall in the Rookie draft.

4. Depression — "I'm so sad, who cares about footy?", "They didn’t pick the player I wanted, why bother? I mean I watched 5min of highlights obviously I know what is going on!"
During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the thought of their chosen player dominating at another club. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time complaining on Big Footy.

5. Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "Dal knows what he is doing, I may as well get on board with the new pups."; "Nothing is impossible, I love the Bulldogs.", “In Dal we trust”
In this last stage, individuals embrace our new players and our inevitable bright future. People watching the draft once they reach this state, have a calm, retrospective view for the players, and develops a stable condition of emotions.

Dunkley
Adams
Galloway
Skinner

All I know is that if we draft Harry McKay, we also need to get Ben.

Don't know that I like the idea of bothers being at different clubs. Just a feeling

My Predictions is that all Bulldogs draft watchers here will go through the five stages of Post Draft Grief or PDG. These are:

1. Denial — The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the announcer has called the wrong name and there will be correction to their chosen player

2. Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial is completely pointless, it becomes frustrated, especially at other Big Footy posters. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why him? He’s a spud!"; "How can Dal do this to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".

3. Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual will slide to the next pick. Or that we will pick a tall in the Rookie draft.

4. Depression — "I'm so sad, who cares about footy?", "They didn’t pick the player I wanted, why bother? I mean I watched 5min of highlights obviously I know what is going on!"
During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the thought of their chosen player dominating at another club. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time complaining on Big Footy.

5. Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "Dal knows what he is doing, I may as well get on board with the new pups."; "Nothing is impossible, I love the Bulldogs.", “In Dal we trust”
In this last stage, individuals embrace our new players and our inevitable bright future. People watching the draft once they reach this state, have a calm, retrospective view for the players, and develops a stable condition of emotions.
Love the summary and it is interesting to note how much it differs from a decade ago
1/ Elation - this guy is going to be the best thing ever. Can't believe he wasn't taken top 2 and that he slipped so low for us to snap him up.

2/ Excitement - watching his first pre-season and seeing him fit really well into the club.

3/ Apprehension - waiting for him to play his first game, and then writing it off as a really bad case of first up nerves.

4/ Reality - wondering if Carlton wants to trade an early pick for him.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I know is that if we draft Harry McKay, we also need to get Ben.

Don't know that I like the idea of bothers being at different clubs. Just a feeling
I actually recall reading somewhere that the twins would prefer to be at different clubs.

This is what I hope for as being realistic to what will be available
B Mckay
B Fiorini
L Parlington
And lastly S Skinner if still available if not Mitch Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back