Oppo Camp Your 2015 Grand Final Tip

Who will win.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My head says Hawks by 3 goals, however, my Geelongness does not permit me to tip them so I will be getting right behind West Coast on Saturday.
The Grand Final is always a ripper day but Hawthorn losing would just top it off.

Eagles comfortably, they are the better side.

The weeks break should make a difference.

Hawks will come out of the blocks absolutely flying to try and put this game to bed early as to avoid the heat factor and eagles storming home.

However I'm tipping Eagles to absorb the early pressure, keeping the game close to 3qtr time, then running over the top of the Hawks in the heat.

Eagles by 25, J Kennedy for Norm Smith with 7 goals

It's going to be a hot day.... Eagles more used to heat, and are playing an ageing team who have had two trips to Perth and played an extra game.
However, West Coast have had 2 games at the MCG in 2 years. Good grief.

Hawthorn have far more experience on this stage and will be hoping WC get stage fright (as their 2013 opponent did) and are planning to hit them hard at the start to shock them (as they did to their 2014 opponent).
However they are telegraphing that in the media which could backfire on them.

I just hope if Hawthorn have to win they actually have their opponent not choke (2008), not get stage fright (2013), and not not bother turning up (2014).

(And if you are planning to tell me Hawthorn were great on those GF days, don't bother. I know. They are not mutually exclusive).

If it's not decided by under a goal, the margin will be massive either way, I reckon.

I think the WCE will win and I think the heat will play a part...

I heard a stat the other day that out of the Hawks last 11 games, 10 of them have been either night or twilight games. I don't think they'll be ready for the heat, on top of the fact that I think the Eagles have the game plan to knock them off.

Eagles are in this right up to their ears.

They beat them by 5 goals two weeks ago, have Priddis and Masten coming back into the team and have had an extra week off.
the weather has to become a factor and I'm not convinced Gunston & Hodge are right.

If the Hawks don't put them away early the Eagles will win and win well.

Eagles are in this right up to their ears.

They beat them by 5 goals two weeks ago, have Priddis and Masten coming back into the team and have had an extra week off.
the weather has to become a factor and I'm not convinced Gunston & Hodge are right.

If the Hawks don't put them away early the Eagles will win and win well.
Yep. If the Eagles are within a few kicks at 3 quarter time I'd back them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i can see the eagles young players being overrawed on the big stage like a kersten
nice try… not biting.

Go Catters

Think Hawks.
WCE might need the experience of a GF loss, ie in Melbourne, travel from WA, they'll be overawed like Freo was 2yrs ago.
Don't like either team historically.
Hadn't thought about the heat factor.
Can't imagine Clarko letting this opportunity slip up, unless they are just physically gone.

Hodge hasn't been training, probably normal for the alco though. .
I reckon their plane was delayed last week as he was in the bar ;)

god I hope West Coast win it now but I don't see it :(

Hawthorn will most likely get the job done and although we have witnessed one three-peat in our lifetime thus far, chances are, this will be the last three-peat we ever see again and in doing so, they will get crowned the best of the lot . . . surpassing Geelong and Brisbane in the process.

Hodge hasn't been training, probably normal for the alco though. .
it's actually pretty important. He might just be sore, so no big deal. But he could be injured and that would be significant. He will be played either way because he is their leader. But we all know how risky it is to play an injured player in a GF - ask Hodge's opponent from the '08 GF ......

it's actually pretty important. He might just be sore, so no big deal. But he could be injured and that would be significant. He will be played either way because he is their leader. But we all know how risky it is to play an injured player in a GF - ask Hodge's opponent from the '08 GF ......

Didn't Hodge play with broken ribs?

Well for my grand final footy trip I'll be off to Darwin with the boys splashing the cash, downing frothys and running amuck.

Woops you said grand final tip

Back