• Poll closed .
Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
She's ok......but maybe time for a trade in :cool:

Takes it way too serious.
Lol
So do we- when we're winning, that is.

Not sure how a Hawks-Cats relationship could last, though, tbh. One of my cousins is a Hawks supporter and we NEVER discuss the footy. It helps that he lives in Melb and I live in WA but I couldn't stand it if the subject came up. Of course back in 07-09-11 etc I was very gracious and not condescending at all.... ;) lol

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol
So do we- when we're winning, that is.

Not sure how a Hawks-Cats relationship could last, though, tbh. One of my cousins is a Hawks supporter and we NEVER discuss the footy. It helps that he lives in Melb and I live in WA but I couldn't stand it if the subject came up. Of course back in 07-09-11 etc I was very gracious and not condescending at all.... ;) lol

It is very difficult, nigh impossible.

She hates Geelong, and I LOATHE the Dawks....

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
I've actually been surprised at the lack of confidence people have iin West Coast this week. It's as if the QF didn't happen at all. I understand Hawthorn are amazing but Eagles didn't JUST win the QF, they dismantled Hawthorn. They were also missing two of their best midfielders WHO they have regained for this match. Surely you'd think more people would lean towards West Coast. It wouldn't surprise me if Hawks somehow won but I'll tip Eagles by 15 points.
Didn't the Pies dismantle the Lions in the 2003 Qualifying Final?

evolutionbaby

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2015
Koo Wee Rup
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Didn't the Pies dismantle the Lions in the 2003 Qualifying Final?
Eagles. Hawks looked vulnerable when Freo were getting close early in last qtr, then they stuffed it up and gave them their second wind. WC know they can beat them and fatigue in the heat has got to be a factor with the older team. WC will run them around a lot more than Freo. If they are leading at 3/4 time or are within 2 goals....game over.

rooie

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2006
Western Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
On now, rooie- EST, that is. Not sure if on in WA right now.
just starting the lingy etc. panel now. so hopefully its the first one when the 10:30pm GF Countdown thing starts. I will set the thingy to record from 10:30-1am and see how i go just in case i fall asleep. All our goats and sheep have been having their little ones this week, combined with all the school prep i do during 'holidays' i am buggered and not sure i can make it to 10:30 let alone the end of the game.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
just starting the lingy etc. panel now. so hopefully its the first one when the 10:30pm GF Countdown thing starts. I will set the thingy to record from 10:30-1am and see how i go just in case i fall asleep. All our goats and sheep have been having their little ones this week, combined with all the school prep i do during 'holidays' i am buggered and not sure i can make it to 10:30 let alone the end of the game.
Hope your babies are well. Would love to see pics in the OT thread, rooie. Did I tell you I assisted at a birthing a few months ago? It appears that our sheep are born earlier here.

Friendly local Moderator reminder:

In the event the Hawks lose, I can guarantee with 1000% certainty that there will be ZERO tolerance on the Hawks board for ANYTHING. PERIOD.

If you want a holiday, and it will be long one, then go and express your inner feelings over there.

This probably does not need to be addressed to of the WC board, as I don't think there has been a single entry thus far wanting them to lose…

You have been reminded…

Go Eagles

that felt weird...

GFrost

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
A few ex-players and media have said they've heard that Hawthorn have a list of Eagles players that they think could be suspect under GF pressure, who they will target and go extra hard at.
Robbo even named the players last night. So hopefully, fully prepared for the onslaught, those players stand up, Hawks give away multiple frees and 50m pentalities, and the Eagles go in at QTime five goals to zip, with Clarkson punching a wall on the way down.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Friendly local Moderator reminder:

In the event the Hawks lose, I can guarantee with 1000% certainty that there will be ZERO tolerance on the Hawks board for ANYTHING. PERIOD.

If you want a holiday, and it will be long one, then go and express your inner feelings over there.

This probably does not need to be addressed to of the WC board, as I don't think there has been a single entry thus far wanting them to lose…

You have been reminded…

Go Eagles

that felt weird...
If the Hawks win who do you think will be here first from the Hawks board,my guess is the button pusher Tashawk, I'd be surprised if he's not with us now.:DIf they lose however they will all be in the fetal position till the preseason. GO WET TOAST.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
A few ex-players and media have said they've heard that Hawthorn have a list of Eagles players that they think could be suspect under GF pressure, who they will target and go extra hard at.
Robbo even named the players last night. So hopefully, fully prepared for the onslaught, those players stand up, Hawks give away multiple frees and 50m pentalities, and the Eagles go in at QTime five goals to zip, with Clarkson punching a wall on the way down.
Seems like a weird thing for Robbo to do. Hope those players have good games. Besides which, how can anyone make such predictions?

Claude Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
As for a tip, as much as I think the Eagles can win, based on their game style, goal-scoring power etc, I fully expect the Hawks to kick 18.3 and get 5 goals directly from free kicks, including 3 x 50 metre penalties. The Eagles to s**t their dacks like Freo in 2013, kicking 9 or 10 behinds in the second quarter, and in the process handing the overachieving Hawks yet another overachieving premiership to add to their collection.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
As for a tip, as much as I think the Eagles can win, based on their game style, goal-scoring power etc, I fully expect the Hawks to kick 18.3 and get 5 goals directly from free kicks, including 3 x 50 metre penalties. The Eagles to s**t their dacks like Freo in 2013, kicking 9 or 10 behinds in the second quarter, and in the process handing the overachieving Hawks yet another overachieving premiership to add to their collection.
And they will still whinge about the umpires.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
I would like West Coast to win, but Cant see the Hawks losing this one to experienced on the big day....

Back