Your 5 crazy big predictions for season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

League predictions
1. West Coast will be the dominant team during the H&A season
2. Essendon will actually finish the year admirably, possibly 14th or 15th
3. Hodge to avoid a deserved lengthy suspension twice
4. Johnson will be serviceable for GWS like Chappy was when he started out at the Bombers
5. Adelaide will not fall down the pecking order too significantly after losing Dangerfield

Geelong predictions.
1. Sam Menegola to cement his spot in the ones
2. Menzel, Hawkins and Clark to combine for over 140 goals
3. Thurlow will lift his game to a new level
4. We will win the flag, as underdogs
5. Smith will be our number 1 ruck by year's end

Hey Seeds is 'crazy big' your secret clue to us that you're actually Dwayne Russell?
hmmm let me check ........

I don't think every third goal kicked is goal of the year so therefore I conclude I'm not Dwayne. But you've raised a disturbing comparison. I will work on rectifying this for the future.

1. The "Inaugral Country Game" will have an 'MA' rating due to strong language, drug-taking, violence and occasional sex scenes during the pre-game 'entertainment'. (Also expect Bruce to say during the final stages of the first quarter, "Well, you would have to think Kelly and Stokes were still playing for the Cats, wouldn't you?")
2. GHS tops our goal-kicking, playing mostly on a forward-flank.
3. One close-to-retirement Cats legend plays his final year 'open'.
4. Tommy retires due to injury, after breaking both ankles in a dairy commercial involving an angry cow.
5. Motlop is the new face of Weight Watchers.

1. BNF will get nominated for POTY. (100,000/1 at Sportsbet)
2. Partridge will agree with someone causing BF to explode.
3. Dazbroncos will need to change his underpants more than once a game as he watches Paddy and the Selwood boys dominate in the middle.
4. Jub Jub won't get suspended, nah, he will - who am I kidding.
5. Biggy Boy will admit he was wrong about Chris Scott - (1,000,000/1 odds at Sportsbet).

Last edited:
I am not sure these 5 are crazy or not - but when it comes to footy I am somewhat reserved so what is crazy for one may not be for another. It is relative.

1. GFC to be back in the finals this year and will win at least one final, maybe 2.
2. That the best ND pick we had this year will be Menegola, and he may even get a senior game or two.
3. Clark, Menzel, Stanley and Vardy (all LTIs) will all play senior games this year (and maybe, just maybe the other LTI Cowan may get a senior game).
4. Smith and Danger to make a big difference to our midfield.
5. That it will be the closest season ever - that is the bottom sides will win more games than usual and the top sides to lose more games than they usually do. That being the case I would expect the top 4 teams not have extreme percentages as they have in some years. There may be 4-6 teams that can make the 8 with 4 games to go and 2-4 teams can make top 4 with 4 games to go.

Big Crazy ones yeah

1. I will feel some sympathy for Essendon when they get pummeled every week.
2. Kersten will get games on merit and due to good form will kick 40+ goals at AFL level this year.
3. None of our big men will get injured
4. Stanley will finish the year our number 1 ruck and in the AA squad of 40
5. The T-Bone will kick a 100, kicking the 100th at KP.. after missing narrowly on 99 and causing a false alarm crowd invasion like Ablett 21 years before (i think it was in 95?)

Big Crazy ones yeah

1. I will feel some sympathy for Essendon when they get pummeled every week.
2. Kersten will get games on merit and due to good form will kick 40+ goals at AFL level this year.
3. None of our big men will get injured
4. Stanley will finish the year our number 1 ruck and in the AA squad of 40
5. The T-Bone will kick a 100, kicking the 100th at KP.. after missing narrowly on 99 and causing a false alarm crowd invasion like Ablett 21 years before (i think it was in 95?)

Yoo so crazy.

Fwiw I actually think Stanley has all the tools to be a gun ruckman, but just having all the tools doesn't mean someone can still do a job properly.

I was happy with his work last season prior to injury, especially considering his limited experience in the role.

I think with time in the role he could be anything

1. we will finish top 4 and win the flag
2. brownlow to one patrick dangerman
3. menzel to play 12-15 games and kick 50
4. henderson to shut everyone up,
5. geelong will shut the info mill

6. i will be abused by the north koreans

1. we will finish top 4 and win the flag
2. brownlow to one patrick dangerman
3. menzel to play 12-15 games and kick 50
4. henderson to shut everyone up,
5. geelong will shut the info mill

6. i will be abused by the north koreans

They'll have to stand in line matey :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Dangerfield early form will be poor (he will act out as he is frustrated)
2. Geelong will struggle to kick a premiership score at the start of the year, poor form (2007)
3. Selwood will miss the majority of the season.
4. Lachie Henderson will star for us.
5. Geelong will get there act together mid to late season and push for a flag (2007)

1. Richmond will make top 4 and actually win a final.
2. By the end of the season Thurlow, Kolo, and Cowan will be getting games in defence at the expense of Mackie, Enright, and Bartel.
3. Chris Scott will accept an umpires decision without flipping out in the coaches box.
4. Ron Barrassi will release a no.1 hit song with Ron 'Hitler' Barrassi from TISM.
5. Mick Molloy in a drunken rage will flip the desk on the channel 7 Saturday night pre-game show due to it's complete lameness finally driving him insane.

1. Richmond will make top 4 and actually win a final.
2. By the end of the season Thurlow, Kolo, and Cowan will be getting games in defence at the expense of Mackie, Enright, and Bartel.
3. Chris Scott will accept an umpires decision without flipping out in the coaches box.
4. Ron Barrassi will release a no.1 hit song with Ron 'Hitler' Barrassi from TISM.
5. Mick Molloy in a drunken rage will flip the desk on the channel 7 Saturday night pre-game show due to it's complete lameness finally driving him insane.

giphy.gif

Never change Scotty. I love the passion and shows a love for the game. Would rather him than a forever boring Lyon.

Predictions
1. Duncan Caddy and Guthrie will be seen as elite by seasons end.
2. Caddy to become our new Chappy kicking 30+
3. We will dominate the rucks
4. Mccarthy will cement his spot.
5. Smith and Henderson will become as just as important as Danger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back