Sports Your biggest dummy spit at the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of years ago at a Carlton V North game...we were getting absolutely spanked and I can't even remember what tipped me over the edge because we were about 70 points down, but I absolutely lost it and grabbed my flag (yes, I used to take one to the footy :straining:) and snapped it over my knee and threw the pieces down the aisle. Then I realised what I'd done, got really embarrassed, stormed off and went to sit somewhere else to watch the rest of the game.

Was watching Port vs Gold Coast 2011. Sat in silence for a few seconds, then my phone started going off. I threw it across the room, stormed in to my bedroom, slammed the door and shut myself away, having melts on the laptop on bigfooty for the next 2 hours.

I was at that game! Never been angrier in my life. After Westhoff missed I repeatedly screamed "YOU'RE A DISGRACE, PORT!". I threw my scarf as hard as I could into the ground (pretty lucky it didn't go in the bin) and walking out of AAMI Stadium that day in pure disgust is something that'll stay with me forever.

Losing that game pretty much derailed my whole year social wise :( the crucifixions from it and from the many, many other losses that year were endless!

A few come to mind right away.

A game at Etihad where Kent Kingsley -yes I lost my s**t over that moron- was paid a mark on/after/whichever on the siren, but the ******* umpire from down the field ran in to overrule and not pay the mark. Had a tantrum like a 5yo and my mother was not impressed and we consequently had a big fight during the half time break.

Semi Nick Davis 3 seconds left. Was at the Linc in Essendon with mates watching the game and with each goal Sydney scored, i just gradually moved further and further away from the screen, until I was cowering in the corner. Goal scored, I stormed off without saying goodbye and went home. In the process leaving my poor workmate who I had promised a lift home behind. -oh well-.

Final v Saint when Mooney got paid a free against for in the back, basically disallowing a Geelong win. The worst thing about that was celebrating thinking we had it, then the 180 when we realised we didint. Screamed every swear word under the sun, wanted a fight, tried to rip out a chair, the end.

:$

Defiantly the Yarran miss against the Tiges back in 2013. Absolutely flipped it, banging a chair in front of me to the pleasure of my flog Richmond mates.

Made that Elimination Final so much better!

LOLZ, if anyone was going to remember an umpiring decision from 17 years ago...
I remember that McIntosh one as well, though I wouldn't have remembered who the opponent was. I was filthy about it too, but it was definitely there.

I punched my brother in the face once when Jim West kicked a late one, and Glenelg beat Sturt.

That reminds me. In the Ben Cousins Rd 1 game against Carlton after a massive build up, we got pumped. Brother tried to egg me on and I lost it, took a swing, missed, and lost balance falling of my chair. I retreated to my room in shame and embarrassment.

Final v Saint when Mooney got paid a free against for in the back, basically disallowing a Geelong win. The worst thing about that was celebrating thinking we had it, then the 180 when we realised we didint. Screamed every swear word under the sun, wanted a fight, tried to rip out a chair, the end.

:$

It was the opposite for Saints supporters.

I went from this when Geelong kicked that last goal.
Picture_2_c.jpg

To this when I realised we'd got a free kick and the Geelong goal was disallowed.

03a.jpg

It was pretty much the same in our game against Melbourne a couple of weeks ago when Howe kicked a goal to put the Dees in front with less than a minute left and then Montagna kicked a goal to put us back in front about 20 seconds later.

It was the opposite for Saints supporters.

I went from this when Geelong kicked that last goal.
Picture_2_c.jpg

To this when I realised we'd got a free kick and the Geelong goal was disallowed.

03a.jpg

It was pretty much the same in our game against Melbourne a couple of weeks ago when Howe kicked a goal to put the Dees in front with less than a minute left and then Montagna kicked a goal to put us back in front about 20 seconds later.
And 20 seconds after that I was outside smashing part of our old kitchen to bits with a shovel. ******* hell I laid into it.

And 20 seconds after that I was outside smashing part of our old kitchen to bits with a shovel. ******* hell I laid into it.

I don't blame you, it was pretty dumb from your players not to flood back in defence once you got in front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also the "Hawkins" game 2012. Went with a few mates and although only one was Geelong, the other ones were also supporting Geelong as they dislike Hawthorn. As he kicked the ball, I couldn't watch and I think I was looking down. I could hear all the Geelong supporters around me (MCC) start going crazy and I could feel my anger beginning to rise. The bay I was in was 90% Geelong. Even the guys I went with that didn't support Geelong were going crazy celebrating and s**t while I'm sitting there like
Untitled12.gif

Left with one of my mates (not sure what happened to the other couple) and on the hour long train ride/car trip home I don't think we said one word to each other. He told me the next time, it was because it looked like I was about to nut it which is out of character for me as 99.9999% of the time I am a cucumber (as in "cool as a")
Also remember on the walk to the station after the game, there was a girl in Geelong jumper ahead of us and I heard her say "Instead of Cyril Rioli, how about Cereal and Ravioli". I opened my mouth to snap back "how about shut the * up you dumb ****" but luckily I did not follow through with that thought.

-Zac Dawson vs Collingwood in 2006. 5 metres off Rocca every time he made a lead. Useless, absolutely useless.

-2008 PF, Scott McLaren made a few rash calls in favour of the Saints early on. I recall screaming out how accurate James Hird's accusations regarding his decision making were.

-2011 PF, when Schoenmakers dropped an absolute soda resulting in Ball's match winner. I went absolutely psycho, only to remain in my seat, head in hands until the stadium was nearly empty. Will never forgive the idiot.

-2013 prelim I was sitting in a bay full of young families. That didn't stop me from throwing everything I verbally could at Joel Selwood/the umpires when he ducked for a free kick late in the final term.

Probably my worst dummy spit at the footy was after the Whispers in the Sky game against Freo about 10 years ago when the umpires gifted Freo about 5 or 6 goals from ridiculously soft free kicks in front of goal and we lost after Justin Longmuir kicked a goal after the siren. Apparently this was the umpires payback for Grant Thomas bagging the umpires in the media earlier in the week.

I was furious and on the way out some Freo flog taunted me about us losing and I said "How many premierships have Freo won dickhead?", one of the few times I can make that comeback, anyway we almost came to blows but thankfully my mate dragged me out of there before I did something silly.

Probably lucky for him too as with the filthy mood I was in I may well have gone postal.

I was at that game in 1998 when McIntosh got pinged for that holding the ball decision in the last minute or so, it was actually Gavin Mitchell that kicked the goal to win us the game.

Was an awesome game to be at for a Saints supporter, for some reason me and a couple of mates of mine got seats right amongst the Eagles cheer squad, I was the only Saints supporter there and was copping s**t all day as we were about 5 goals down for most of the game before a last quarter comeback.

One girl in the West Coast cheer squad who was NQR, possibly mentally disabled, had a huge meltdown after they lost and I made it worse by waving my Saints scarf in her face after we won and she grabbed hold of my scarf and wouldn't let it go, she was frothing at the mouth mad and her mum or carer had to whack her arms and tell her to let go so I could get out of there. The West Coast crowd were all booing and I copped a heap of abuse as I ran to the exit.

It was a legit free kick btw but it was a brave call to pay it at the end of such a close game in a West Coast home game.

Magnificent.

I was at that game! Never been angrier in my life. After Westhoff missed I repeatedly screamed "YOU'RE A DISGRACE, PORT!". I threw my scarf as hard as I could into the ground (pretty lucky it didn't go in the bin) and walking out of AAMI Stadium that day in pure disgust is something that'll stay with me forever.

Losing that game pretty much derailed my whole year social wise :( the crucifixions from it and from the many, many other losses that year were endless!

I had a school windup the night of 119... Now that was a social derailing!

Not at the footy, but WCE vs Brisbane in 2010. The last play where Jonathon Brown edged out Mitch Brown (almost in the back) and slotted the winning goal. I raged not at the umps, but Mitch for being a weak prick.

Some bloke had a dummy spit at Waverley about 20 years ago. He was ranting and raving close to the front, and some lad about 20 rows back listening to his shenanigans picked up a massive granny smith apple and piffed it at him when he turned to face the footy.

I have a vivid recollection of the apple whizz over my head at about 100mph and scone the *er in the back of his head! The juicy explosing in the cold air was amazing. The whole stand pissed themselves. It was an epic throw.

Brisbane v Carlton, elimination final '09. Broke the TV remote (threw to the floor) after Brisbane came back from 24 points at 3 QT to win. Mum was so pissed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back