Your biggest fear?

Remove this Banner Ad

fulham are on the west side too. why did you not support them?

Fulham weren't in the EPL when I first started living there so Chelsea was the nearest West London EPL club, actually the only West London EPL club.

I might have been a Fulham supporter otherwise as I lived in Acton and Fulham is a neighbouring suburb.

Dodged a bullet there.

Dementia.... My grandma had it and it's something I wouldn't wish on anyone. Would rather die remembering who I was.

Yeah my great-grandma and nanna both had it. The last time I saw my nanna (with my bf at the time) she knew who both of us were, had a great afternoon together, so very happy memory.

Crazy how having a kid changes things. I'm kind of just paranoid about bad things happening to my boy now. For example, I just started re-watching Breaking Bad and pretty much had tears in my eyes for Jane's Dad. When I watched it originally I was sad but watching it with the perspective of a father was gut-wrenching.

Damned straight! I've considered myself a fairly fearless bugger, however now that I've an 8 month gal that's changed.

I have a horrible fear of her turning into a rabid conservative (the only reason that I'd end up disowning her)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heights is an interesting concept. im fine with flying, but if i stand at the ledge of a high rise building or tower i start to feel uneasy.

after hearing tragic news about a house fire, my new fear is a house fire with my toddle daughter trapped inside
With me I can stand at the top of a high-rise building and lean over the edge and be completely fine but put me on top of a ladder and I freeze with fear. Never understood why but its always been like that.

With me I can stand at the top of a high-rise building and lean over the edge and be completely fine but put me on top of a ladder and I freeze with fear. Never understood why but its always been like that.

i have a few theories mate.

1) high rise building is secure. solid structure.
2) ladder, it's a balancing act that only you are in control off. you dont have robust, strong materials holding you up with equal force.

i have a few theories mate.

1) high rise building is secure. solid structure.
2) ladder, it's a balancing act that only you are in control off. you dont have robust, strong materials holding you up with equal force.
Yeah true that could be it.

agree wholeheartedly. its a really difficult one there isnt it? i mean, you cant empirically test it as those who are successful in suicide are, well dead.

That's true. I work in a field where this is something I deal with on a regular basis. All the data collected (from people who don't complete suicide or people whose actual suicide attempt is intervened or people who were going to complete suicide but were able to get help beforehand) says that (as a generalization) people don't want to complete suicide. I think essentially (as a generalization again) that on the whole, most people who attempt to complete suicide would say "I don't want to die, but I can see no way I can deal with what my situation is".

Spiders - as per everybody sensible.:cry:

As I get older, I notice my fear of heights has really ramped up. Flying is fine - but standing anywhere near a cliff, charlifts are terrifying, but the worst, THE WORST - is watching other people around heights.. I think it's because I have no control over what they are doing, and I can only see bad things happening. Wife or kids standing near an edge is probably the most alarming.

I cannot watch those videos of people climbing the radio towers etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back