Your Bulldogs Diary

Remove this Banner Ad

19:54

Last week a very fine BF poster kindly got me a signed copy of Johnno's book which is one of my very fave Bulldogs possessions.

I am joking when I go on about the number 54 etc etc but this was spooky - I sent off some $$ for the book and there was a bit left over so he sent me a $5 note in change, stuck next to p54 of course :p

I looked at the serial number of the $5 and it was 'EJ..........'

Whoohoo - 54th post in this thread!

My son is wearing his dogs training top to bed :)
Inspired me to put on the Dogs jumper yesterday

Watched Australia knocked out on holding a world cup in our
life times for quite afew of us older members.
Next chance will be 2040 + or 2050+ allowing for a Chinese , American or perhaps Indian and maybe an English staging of the event.

Doha no doubt will be able to build 20 stadiums, whatever it takes as money is not a problem. The issue is that there will be 500,000 possible visitors with hotels or apartments having to be built to accommodate them, although with 12 yrs this could also be achieved.
The main concern is the extreme heat and the inability of people to freely move around due to the heat and prohibitive social laws.
The temp in Sept is 45 to 50C so living in Dubai there is just nowhere to venture out in summer - just far too hot. Shopping malls are the emiraties favourite hangouts.
In Doha the weather is identical to here except there are even less activities in summer due to the heat, - not as many luxurious shopping malls, glitz , glamour, ritzy hotels or tall buildings.
The other problem with Doha is alcohol, which is only allowed in 5 star hotels with no outside drinking due to the cultural laws.
Street drinking is an offence, so be prepared to drink plenty of H2O and stay indoors when not in the A/C'd stadiums.

Last week -end went to the Dubai Golf Classic, wore the 2010 cap and a favourite T/Shirt, white with the current blue bulldog filling the back and WB and Mission monograme on the front!
Go Doggies Woof Woof Woof
Cheerio!
Stephen

Gave some Bulldogs towels as Christmas presents and got one myself
Got 3 of the member for life mugs
Gave son in law 2 Bulldogs garden gnomes for his birthday

Sunday - put $54 litres in the car to go to Melb

Today looked up Aaron James profile. He played a total of 54 AFL games.

Went to Bulldogs Central an bought a 2006 Player Issue Heratige Jumper and (another) Bulldogs Cap! :)

You'll be the best dressed Eagles supporter 4 sure :thumbsu:

Filled up today and it took 44.54 Litres

On sunday I was at work, on my Birthday (01 05 1954), started off excited, listening via Wakely and Morfett, with comments via Knights who became harder to accept towards the end, but was only painting a true picture.

Will I ever see a flag in my life time.?

Cheers
S

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On sunday I was at work, on my Birthday (01 05 1954), started off excited, listening via Wakely and Morfett, with comments via Knights who became harder to accept towards the end, but was only painting a true picture.

Will I ever see a flag in my life time.?

Cheers
S

Hope so - a lot would be thinking the same I bet ...... I am anyway

23rd of May
Went to work and copped it from all and sundry about Sunday's game. Even people who I barely know and didn't know knew I was a Bulldogs supporter targeted me.

Went to bulldogs central today to buy a scarf to help the homeless appeal, but all i got was a receipt, apprantly the scarf goes to the homeless not the $10, hope they like the scarf as much as they would some funds to help them get throught the cold nights :confused:

Last week I bought some sunshades for the car. I was wearing a Dogs cap and shirt and the guy in the shop had a chat about footy and the dogs. Later I looked at the receipt. Before GST they cost $54.54.
Went for lunch in the Mornington pub and a guy saw my clothes and said Go Dogs
:thumbsu:

Just got my baby grandson one of these -good value :p

A2708.jpg

http://www.ilovesport.com.au/ils/indexquick.asp?showpage=more&id=455631578

Remove this Banner Ad

Back