Your clubs draft needs

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the best year for Talls.

Isn't next year loaded with quality Talls?
Reverse. This year has Weitering, Schache, Weideman, McKay's, Curnow, Hipwood, Himmelberg, Skinner off the top of my head who should go top 30.

I was speaking in regards to what is available around the dogs selections. Can rule 90% of those players out
McKay brothers and Skinner could be available.

Reverse. This year has Weitering, Schache, Weideman, McKay's, Curnow, Hipwood, Himmelberg, Skinner off the top of my head who should go top 30.

You forgot Collins anyway then guys like Matthew Allen and Jesse Glass-McCasker available later in the draft. Doesn't bother me if we only get one or two talls in this ND.

Surprised Hawthorn didn't try to move up in the draft. Of course, maybe they did but were unsuccessful.

In the enviable position of being able to take best available with both first round picks. I suspect they will look at the guys with the highest ceiling, rather than the ones who may contribute sooner, but ultimately have lower potential. Not too many guys who will make an immediate difference at Hawthorn are likely to be available in the back end of the first round, certainly not in this draft. They can afford to play the patience game. Best available with both I would suspect

of course....we have Clarko.. he seems to take an average lower draft pick and do something with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KPD is the most salient need by a very long way. We have the worst KPDs and KPD depth in the afl by a considerable margin.

Ruck after that, although I feel we will get a mature ruck (prob a dfa)

KPD is the most salient need by a very long way. We have the worst KPDs and KPD depth in the afl by a considerable margin.

Ruck after that, although I feel we will get a mature ruck (prob a dfa)

Robbie Warnock will be available.

I thought Warnock had retired? Gorringe will be on the radar (although he will likely fail our tried and true dickhead test for recruiting players). Maybe that Freo ruck Moller (he was delisted right?).

It'll definitely be someone. We need a patch up and there are better options than what we dropped in Ayce Cordy.

Port doesn't really have any holes in our 22 that we need to fill by the draft.

In the long term , if you were to look at our depth chart we have key forwards Dixon 25/26 , Schulz 30 and butcher 25. We cut shaw and Harvey from the list. Dougal Howard is 19/20 but is a project , and I like him more as a mobile chb but could play as a chf if he makes it. But we do have a hole in kf under 25. I suspect there is no use trying to add speculative talls late in the draft though unless we really like them so don't expect us to reach and will likely be patient.

We have some nice young key defenders in hombcsh and clurey with Austin being solid young depth.

We have a very good spread of mids with a lot of them under 26. But boak ,mwhite and gray are some of our older mids. Hartlett and Ebert moving into their prime , wines wingard and ah chee are the next gen. Polec and possibly Toumpas as well.

Port can afford to take best available but I would say genuine mids as we don't have any mids under 20 currently outside of our starting 22. Also kicking skills should be high on the agenda and I think port always values pace and we could use some more especially an elite speedster to replace white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back