Richmond
image.jpg

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
There are a few ways you could look at it with the Crows. There's Mark Ricciuto, our long-time captain, eight-time All Australian and only Brownlow Medallist. At the start of a recent wave of change at the club, Roo returned to sit on the board, much to our excitement.

There's Andrew McLeod, often called the most-loved Crow and greatest Crow, the only man ever to win consecutive Norm Smith Medals, five time All Australian.

Tony Modra didn't play nearly as many games but was a popular, exciting key forward and put so many bums on seats in our critical early years.

And then there's Malcolm 'Saint Malcolm the Messiah' Blight, who coached the Crows to a premiership in his first year and backed it up the next year. He was with us for a short time but will always be remembered for getting the ultimate success against adversity.

We're launching an Adelaide FC Hall of Fame next month, so it's a current topic of debate.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Doc Wheildon
Indulge me here, I'd also add

Les Salty Parish
lesparish2.jpg

Micky Conlan
421214-6feadf98-f5cf-11e3-ba3b-878da0800edb.jpg

Pretty sure the ump is getting Mick's phone number for his sister

James Manson & Mark Zanotti, who now have a band together called the "Fitzroy Gorillas"

140312_manson300.jpg
markzanotti5.jpg

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
pcarman-206x300.jpg

The original 'white boots'... Filthy Fabulous Phil Carmen?

Whatname

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cult heroes are usually players who are loved by the fans despite (or because of) being quite ordinary, the Wiz was an exceptional player.

I always considered a cult hero to be someone who had their own following amongst a group of supporters or the description you have given.

There is no doubt in my memory that the Wiz had a massive cult following, though I get your argument as basically every Freo fan was a fan of the wizard. Speaking of memories how good was the crowd raising it arms in unison with the wiz whenever he slotted one from the boundary.

Back