Your clubs picks, promotions and player needs pls

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2015 they are required to have the same list size as everyone else bar GWS.

yep which is what I have. they can have;

40+4
39+5 or
38+6

last year they actually had 40+4.

They have cut 8 players, included 2 thus leaving 6 spots on the primary list.

Currently 4 on the rookie but its likely Hall will be upgraded meaning they will have 5 selection in the ND and 1 in the Rookie.

North have brought in two players (Waite & Higgins) and have traded Greenwood. Shouldn't North Melbourne delist at least four players from the senior list?
It looks like Tom Curran is retiring (navicular) and Mitch Wilkis will be delisted along with Liam Anthony and Taylor Hine.

Looking forward to your phantom draft Snoop. For Fremantle we have delisted 2 mature KPs and a pacey outside mid from the senior list plus a half-forward and tagger/endurance mid from the rookie list. From a list perspective I would see us going fairly like for like in replacing those players across both national/rookie draft. We are looking at Mitch Brown from Geelong I believe, not sure if main draft or rookie so I think we go for one young tall in the main draft.

Probably tall defender would be the main need so Durdin/Goddard would be great but best available if those two are gone by our first pick. I don't think we would be too disappointed with McKenzie if you felt it was warranted at that stage of the draft and Marchbank/Lamb would be OK as well.

If we get the tall early I would think we go small next. Best slider mid, names mentioned Touk Miller, Connor Menadue (Clem Smith or Neal-Bullen would be great if you think they could make it through). If we go small at our 1st pick in your draft then we will have to take best young tall here in my view (McDonald/Keitl/Ramsay if still on the board).

Past history says that most fans want a local boy like Aidan Anderson/Josh Deluca with our last pick but that is generally reserved for a relatively unknown South Australian or Tasmanian mid/flanker type (not that I am complaining). We may also take a recycled tall like Mitch Brown, Hamling or McKernan here if we felt the senior list needed it otherwise we get a mature tall in the rookie draft along with a mid/forward.

There is a bit of love on the board for Josh Glenn, Caleb Daniel and Mitch McGovern but not sure where they fit.

Last edited:
Wow that's a huge surprise. Injuries have hampered his career so far.
Destroyed him.

He played something like 3 VFL games for us in total. Looked really good in some practice games up forward but his foot just kept cracking after he developed that hot spot/fracture late in his draft year.

Snoop Dog

Jack Redpath has been upgraded to the senior list along with Lin Jong, with Mark Austin and Alex Greenwood delisted from the rookie list.

We'll have five picks in the draft (26, 27, 39, 45, 46), F/S Zaine Cordy with pick 64, and will also have four rookie draft selections.

Snoop Dog

Jack Redpath has been upgraded to the senior list along with Lin Jong, with Mark Austin and Alex Greenwood delisted from the rookie list.

We'll have five picks in the draft (26, 27, 39, 45, 46), F/S Zaine Cordy with pick 64, and will also have four rookie draft selections.

I imagine the dogs will get a DFA and/or draft a couple of mature ages as bringing in 6 draft age kids would be hard on your list manager imo.

I imagine the dogs will get a DFA and/or draft a couple of mature ages as bringing in 6 draft age kids would be hard on your list manager imo.
Certainly going to be interesting to see which way we go. Hard to tell at the minute, but I too find it difficult to see us going for 18 year olds with every pick. Already have the lowest median age in the AFL right now. Age distribution of our list is ridiculous.

yep which is what I have. they can have;

40+4
39+5 or
38+6

last year they actually had 40+4.

They have cut 8 players, included 2 thus leaving 6 spots on the primary list.

Currently 4 on the rookie but its likely Hall will be upgraded meaning they will have 5 selection in the ND and 1 in the Rookie.
3 in the rookie at least. There's only Herbert there as a Cat A rookie with Hall being upgraded. Boston and Ellis are Cat B and Osborne got delisted.

For the Hawks we are upgrading both Zac Webster and Dallas Willsmore onto the senior list. Providing we don't delist Sam Grimley in the next list lodgements before the draft, we should have two live picks in 31 and 49.

Snoop Dog

Bulldogs have signed Joel Hamling as a DFA. It means we're either not using pick 46, or there is another delisting to come.

We think Daniel Pearce will be delisted and rookied in order to make room for us to use 46. There was some talk earlier in the year that we were considering doing so, but Pearce wasn't keen on the idea and was thinking about going elsewhere. Either way, I don't think we'd pass up using 46 - so I think he's gone.

Matt Fuller could also be the one in trouble.

Snoop Dog

Bulldogs have signed Joel Hamling as a DFA. It means we're either not using pick 46, or there is another delisting to come.

We think Daniel Pearce will be delisted and rookied in order to make room for us to use 46. There was some talk earlier in the year that we were considering doing so, but Pearce wasn't keen on the idea and was thinking about going elsewhere. Either way, I don't think we'd pass up using 46 - so I think he's gone.

Matt Fuller could also be the one in trouble.

I reckon we need to delist another 2, we now have a list of 37 including Cordy & the 2 Rookie upgrades. Tutt will go & I agree that Pearce is the other most likely to go. Fuller is contracted for next year so he will stay.

I reckon we need to delist another 2, we now have a list of 37 including Cordy & the 2 Rookie upgrades. Tutt will go & I agree that Pearce is the other most likely to go. Fuller is contracted for next year so he will stay.
I was including Tutt in the gone list - still uncontracted and there's mutual agreement between he and Carlton from all reports. Don't think there's much chance he stays and the AFL website and such are already including him in the 'delistings' lists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was including Tutt in the gone list - still uncontracted and there's mutual agreement between he and Carlton from all reports. Don't think there's much chance he stays and the AFL website and such are already including him in the 'delistings' lists.

What is the latest on Tutt is he still going to Carlton as he isnt delisted yet

What is the latest on Tutt is he still going to Carlton as he isnt delisted yet

The Blues will also secure former Bulldog Jason Tutt. They will either pick up Tutt as a delisted free agent, or, should the Bulldogs not delist him, through the pre-season draft.
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-n...amling-heads-to-bulldogs-20141102-11fpt9.html

Sounds like he's not officially delisted despite everyone, including the AFL thinking he is :D

Although:
With five picks inside the top 50 at November 27's national draft, the Dogs may have to make a further delisting as they now only have four spots available on their list.

Injury-prone running defender Daniel Pearce or mature-age recruit Matthew Fuller loom as players who could make if way if the Dogs decide they want to use all five picks.

Clubs have until 2pm on November 13 to finalise their lists ahead of the draft.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-02/dogs-snare-excat

National Draft approaching
At the forefront of the Blues’ draft process will be seven key qualities: leadership, competitiveness, kicking skills, speed, agility, stamina and class.

"We’ve said a lot this year that our leaders here are good, but we need to improve them and we need to get more of them – so that’s why we’ve got a focus on leadership,” Rogers said.

“Then you look at areas like competitiveness, which is not about being big strong and tough, but about attitude. Craig Bradley was a great competitor because he never gave up and he never stopped running – we want players who can bring that to the table.”

Carlton is expecting to use four selections in the National Draft, including picks 19, 28, 61 and 65.
We're looking for another Bootsma, McCarthy, Grigg and Robinson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back