Your favourite goal

Remove this Banner Ad

I always thought this goal didnt get enough appreciation. Probably buried under all the wonderful goals Suarez was scoring.

Absolute class though.

Also I could make a thread on it's own for ridiculous goals from Gerrard.

Suarez scored some ludicrous goals for us too.

Ridiculous finish. The arrogance to even attempt a chip from that kind of angle and distance - and while the keeper is on his line! But he executes it perfectly, wonderful goal.

As a Carlisle United fan, there is really only one goal that matters and that is the one scored by our goalkeeper Jimmy Glass in the 94th minute of the final game of the 1998-99 season. It may not be the most spectacular goal you will ever see but it the most important and probably the reason I still have a football club to support today.

Toon:
Albert's glorious lob.

So many for Wor Al (Shearer) but I'll always remember seeing this - his record breaking goal.

Asprilla's hattrick against Barcelona in the champions league.

Ben Arfa vs Bolton.

Cisse's goal of the season vs Chelsea.

Newcastle Jets:
Nicky Carle's winner vs Adelaide - probably the best Jets goal I've seen.

Socceroos:
Aloisi's penalty to win the shootover over Uruguay.

Cahill's 2 vs Japan in Germany.

Others:
Sorry Arsenal fans but as a neutral, Adebayor's for City was memorable (if not necessarily for the goal!) :p

Drogba's volley vs Everton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jod23 that Gerrard one vs Boro is my favourite one of his eyes. Hit it absolutely perfectly.
Yeah me too. It's an absolute stunner. Like you think it's not possible to score from there. But he does it. Gerrard has scored some amazing goals over his career and I was going to go crazy posting them but thought better of it. I mean everyone has seen his stunning goals over and over again.

So I picked out Sturridge's chip from recent memory.

But yeah, I could post 9 or 10 Gerrard crackers in this thread.

I could have picked any number of goals by this guy but I think this was the moment people realised that Messi had the potential to be considered amongst the best of all time and not just of his generation by the end of his career. He does things with the ball that no-one else in the world can do, it's like he's playing his own game at times:

That is beyond description. I wish I could do that :( Haha.

Forgot to add Cantona's sublime effort - the goal only matched by the celebration IMO. :cool:

Miracle of Crystanbul
howler.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back