Your favourite goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Carroll beasted that game when he came on. From the footage you can never really tell. Goal line technology would have been handy back then. Still would only have made it 2-2 and the match still could have been lost. Ah well...

Carroll beasted that game when he came on. From the footage you can never really tell. Goal line technology would have been handy back then. Still would only have made it 2-2 and the match still could have been lost. Ah well...

He certainly did turn that game on it's head, scored a cracking goal too.

Remember thinking there might yet be hope for Carroll at Liverpool that game. Had a pretty good month or so before that too IIRC.

Did he play for Liverpool again?
He did come off the bench in the opening two matches of the Premier League season the next year before we managed to loan him out to West Ham for the season, which was then made permanent the following summer.

Between that FA Cup final and the opening day of the next season, Dalglish was let go and Rodgers was brought in. Carroll had no place in a Brendan Rodgers side.

Remember thinking there might yet be hope for Carroll at Liverpool that game. Had a pretty good month or so before that too IIRC.

Did he play for Liverpool again?

Absolutely demolished John Terry twice in the space of a week. When he was on, he was unplayable. Unfortunately those games were few and far between. He picked up a few injuries and I've heard he wasn't particularly professional with respect to his rehab and didn't take it as seriously as the club would've liked.

Unfortunately for him, and it was nothing personal, but he was never going to be a good fit at a club that plays quick pass & move football (ditto Adam & Downing). A very expensive square peg in a round hole. Rodgers came in that summer, saw this and sent Carroll out on loan pretty shortly afterwards to a club that was set up to get the best out of him and fortunately we were able to recoup a fair chunk of what we paid for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The geezer with one on the left and another on the right

NrdIHs3.gif

6cZVB5a.gif

For me it's an absolute no contest. To score the winner in just about the last minute in a derby like this is amazing:

This goal is another one of my favourites. I don't think I've ever been more excited watching a game that doesn't feature a team I follow. It's one of the more remarkable matches in any sport I've seen, if not the most exciting. Everything about it is great; from Aguero not going down when clipped, to the crowd, to Mancini running around like a 15 year old, to Joe Hart fantastic superman celebration to the cross to the Stadium of Light and the crestfallen look on Fat Wayne's face with Phil Jones with his shirt off hugging old whiskey nose until he realises what had just happened at the Etihad. (Although I do prefer the Fox Sports commentary: Aguero! Staggering, just staggering, he's won the leeaaague with 90 seconds of stoppage time to go!)

That bale goal. I was at school and my mate was checking his phone and I was just happy we equalized and then he said..."mate I think bale's scored two" and I lost my s**t. Every goal he scored that season was a worldie though

This is ridiculous, the level of difficulty is through the roof.

What he did to Norwich this day borders on abuse. He scores the first 4 of the game in a 5-1 win. The first volley is ridiculous. The second a sneaky finish, the third another ridiculous bit of skill and then he caps it off with a cracking FK into the top corner.

He really is something special. Sucks he doesnt play for us anymore. :(

The first three goals.. All class. That third goal- gorgeous flick over the defender. Topped it off with a centimetre perfect free kick. One of those games where Norwich didn't do a thing wrong, just Suarez at this best.

First Hull goal I saw live.
I should look that up. The first Liverpool goal I saw live was I believe in 2002 maybe. I was so excited to finally make it over to Anfield and see my beloved Reds. Not more than a minute had passed and we were losing 1-0. Then 2-0. We got a goal late from Heskey to get it to 2-1. The last 10 minutes I thought for sure we would get an equaliser but we lost.

I was gutted because it was my only chance to see them. I didnt get to England for maybe 5 years after that.

My first goal was Niall Quinn against United at Maine Rd, September 1993. My second was Niall Quinn in the same game.

We lost 2-3, but was amazing to experience that on the terraces in the Kippax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back