• Average - Its ok, but there needs to be some improvements

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Poor - What a disaster

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Board is ok. Needs more threads on lanky half back flankers.

Mods ordinary, not anywhere near enough bans. Also ask for questions and ignore all the good ones.

Also I want my own stickied thread at the top of the forum.

Also needs more indie, downbeat and mopey ballads.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really appreciate the insights posted here and the effort many posters go to to share their info and thoughts. Love the review threads - especially when I've noticed something at a game and one of the gurus here has agreed ;) I feel like i've achieved something when my player points tally looks even remotely like Macca's ;)

Game day is an experience :) - like other interstaters it is the main source of updates on the game for me and far more insightful than the afl.com commentary ;)

I'd like to see more of the intelligent discussion with opposition fans like what we had after the Sydney game. It's great to see differing, well expressed, perspectives on our performances. I know in the past some club boards have actively encouraged it in their pre- and post-game threads, and I agree with other posters' comments that it is good not to see "port fans only" threads. The mods do a good job of keeping the trolls out and do actively encourage constructive comments from opposition fans.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Port forum is great. I love this place, but it could use some fine tuning. I generally would like to see a greater diversity of ideas expressed and 'outsiders' made more welcome. It's a forum. It's all about the people's poet keeping it real and fighting tyranny.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Trolls get sneaky when you dont ban. It is easy to troll under the guise of innocent conversation, noddy has done it for years. * outsiders.

b0ydman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I bat for my own team
Yeah I enjoyed the post Sydney comments.

BF is therapy, and community... A caring place in a world that might not "get" us, where we understand each other and care for the time others take to make a comment about something

Be it a picture before the games, a vent during the game or diagnosis after the game

I dare say if it weren't for BF my viewing pleasure and football experience would be very different.

One day it will be another board no doubt, but like r/boxing and r/Metal and the support forums of the cult I recently escaped from , you guys, girls and let's not forget our inbetweeners (solidarity Portia... Fist pump girl) BF is you people, it's my tribe

I love you all, don't ever change. Even you jasper Pittard lovers out there.

b0ydman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I bat for my own team
It's my go to source for all things football, metal and conspiracy theories.

The one thing I notice with this board is that most disagreements are handled well. Not too many full on flame wars going on here as they do on other team boards.

I just got a hard on when I read your post.

I thought, sh!t... Do you want to move to Melbourne. I love you man, right away.

Then I remembered, your probably talking about my posts.

Maybe BF needs a subscribe feature so people can follow certain posters.

In the absence of this, just email my son for an update..... He seems to be stalking me on every Web forum I post at and telling his mother what I'm posting

Ah invincible 18 year olds. Always one step ahead of their dads.

Well, I'm off to the male pattern baldness and hereditary erectile dysfunction support forums now

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't particularly mind trolls. It's a footy forum. People have different ideas. You don't ban trolls in real life. Anyway, thanks for making me appreciate football and Port Adelaide more than i used to. :rainbow::footy: I love Jasper Pittard and Andrew Moore!

You can't please everyone :)

I spend too much time here too ;) even tho I've had to cut back a bit in recent years and hardly post these days. I enjoy the diverse views - helps me look at things from a different perspective.

Agree that game day threads and some reviews are a bit extreme and some sneaky trolling gets annoying - maybe too readily tolerated. Crow chat gets boring sometimes too. Otoh I don't want over moderation and appreciate its hard to strike a balance. Don't have much to add to what's already been said.

I've enjoyed a couple of the podcasts and wish I could find the time to listen more.

Go Port!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott03

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think it's great how it is. I'm always lurking around, as living in Perth there is never news or information on Port. So it's a great source for me.

cj_09

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2012
Probably out prospecting for gold.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Apart from it being like a popularity contest at a private school at times, it's alright.

But as long as a decent amount of us northerners remain on here, we'll keep it in check. :D

Apart from it being like a popularity contest at a private school at times, it's alright.

But as long as a decent amount of us northerners remain on here, we'll keep it in check. :D

Why do unpopular kids always talk about popularity contests?

Back