Beauty & Style Your 'gay' tendencies

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me explain to you what it is to be a man:

Men don't care and "put extra effort" to "try" to look good. Men can still wear latest fashions and wear the latest haircuts. But "extra effort" and "try" and "rock the new hairstyle" are not synonymous with being a man.. Man up you massive dick ****ing homo.

Didn't know you were the spokesperson for males all around the world. So me who keeps up with the latest fashions and wears the latest haircut(for my age group) I must be a homo? Kinda goes against what you just said mate. Other then putting wax in my hair which takes all of a minute to do I put no effort into my look whatsoever. I was stating that it seems that alot of people in this thread hate on other males that put effort or time into the way they look. I don't get why this bothers people?

Didn't know you were the spokesperson for males all around the world. So me who keeps up with the latest fashions and wears the latest haircut(for my age group) I must be a homo? Kinda goes against what you just said mate. Other then putting wax in my hair which takes all of a minute to do I put no effort into my look whatsoever. I was stating that it seems that alot of people in this thread hate on other males that put effort or time into the way they look. I don't get why this bothers people?

So you're saying that you like to "Dress for Success"

I'm confused too, do you actually do the things you say, like putting in "extra effort", or are you going in to bat for people that do? Because soon as the going gets rough you go from "extra effort" to "no effort whatsoever"

People in this thread are talking about and discussing less than masculine things they do. When you admit to something you do, and then don't like it when other posters (who have all made admissions to doing things as well) start making a bit of humour at your expense you backpedal.

Long answer, short answer, do you think what you do with you hair is a "gay tendency" or not?

mr teabag said:
So me who keeps up with the latest fashions and wears the latest haircut(for my age group) I must be a homo?
Nope, you're a homo because a) you try too hard to look good, b) you "rock" haircuts, and c) you teabga your boyfriend.

it seems that alot of people in this thread hate on other males that put effort or time into the way they look. I don't get why this bothers people?
Because they are real men don't really care and think about it that much. They don't try.

Let me tell you a story that probably resonates with you:

I once went to meet a mate at a self storage centre. I walk past a garage and see a dude moving stored items into the back of a hire truck. This is what he wore:

camel coloured boots
tight king gee shorts. clean.
a tight camouflage singlet tucked into tight shorts. Also spotlessly clean.

It was so obvious that this dude got at that morning and said, oh fabulous, I can wear that outfit I bought. I'm going to do the "rugged workman" look today.

The truth is he looked gay and ridiculous. Why? Because he tried.

Ring a bell? That's how you roll bro.

Here's another story:

Once upon a time I got up and went to work. In an office of 60 people I noticed 4 different girls were doing the "librarian look". Business wear, hair in a bun, glasses. Look horny as **** but I knew none of these girl actually wore glasses. Why? Because that's s**t women do. Women care. Women try.

That's how you roll bro.

My gay tendency is to click that 'My BF' button up in the top left hand corner.
It makes me feel like I have a boyfriend.

So you're saying that you like to "Dress for Success"

I'm confused too, do you actually do the things you say, like putting in "extra effort", or are you going in to bat for people that do? Because soon as the going gets rough you go from "extra effort" to "no effort whatsoever"

People in this thread are talking about and discussing less than masculine things they do. When you admit to something you do, and then don't like it when other posters (who have all made admissions to doing things as well) start making a bit of humour at your expense you backpedal.

Long answer, short answer, do you think what you do with you hair is a "gay tendency" or not?
Other then styling my hair and putting on clothes, no not really. But I was more batting for people who actually do put in alot of effort to look good as I didn't say I put in extra effort other then styling my hair. As alot of people seem to be hating on males that style their hair or do more than that.

I don't care at all if people make fun of me for my haircut or fashion choices but calling me a dick ****ing homo is going too far. I am simply trying to understand why people actually hate on people who care about their appearance or have a differing style to them.

Of course I think my hair is a gay tendency, I said that in my OP.

@bunsenburner, sorry to disappoint but I don't roll like that. I wear skinny jeans, button ups/tees and good shoes, and maybe a nice beanie/scarf if it is on the colder side. Never in my life would i rock a look like that, power to him for rocking a look like that as long as he felt good wearing his clothes i'm all for it.

How old are you bunsen if I may ask?

@Nazi, I never said my hair style wasn't somewhat gay/flamboyant but I like the way it looks so I can rock the look without being worried about my sexuality as a straight male.

"Somewhat" indeed. OK petal, you rock the look all the way to the Blue Oyster Bar.

skinny jeans, button ups/tees and good shoes, and maybe a nice beanie/scarf

Just hit up Google Images with the above phrase, and the number one result was

blog1.jpg

I rest my case.

Other then styling my hair and putting on clothes, no not really. But I was more batting for people who actually do put in alot of effort to look good as I didn't say I put in extra effort other then styling my hair. As alot of people seem to be hating on males that style their hair or do more than that.

I don't care at all if people make fun of me for my haircut or fashion choices but calling me a dick ****ing homo is going too far. I am simply trying to understand why people actually hate on people who care about their appearance or have a differing style to them.

@bunsenburner, sorry to disappoint but I don't roll like that. I wear skinny jeans, button ups/tees and good shoes, and maybe a nice beanie/scarf if it is on the colder side. Never in my life would i rock a look like that, power to him for rocking a look like that as long as he felt good wearing his clothes i'm all for it.

How old are you bunsen if I may ask?

Strong correlation between these two sentences and the thread title,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I normally don't mind you as a poster, bunsen, but you are ruining my thread myah.

Your macho homophobic bullshit is pretty much exactly what my OP was designed to take the piss out of.

:thumbsdown:

Strong correlation between these two sentences and the thread title,
I never said my style wasn't somewhat gay. You guys are either missing my point completely or I'm not getting across properly.

All I want to know is why most of you guys, especially bunsenburner hate on people who actually care about their appearance.

I never said my style wasn't somewhat gay. You guys are either missing my point completely or I'm not getting across properly.

All I want to know is why most of you guys, especially bunsenburner hate on people who actually care about their appearance.

Because's it's unmasculine.

It's like how I'd look down on a male who cry over minor things or people who are scared of the ball when playing sport.

It's why Nantie Hayward was a laughing stock for this [YOUTUBE]B952DDOAEg4[/YOUTUBE]

You know every young generation goes through a new fashion trend. Maybe 18-22/23. You get to 22/23 and you sort of move on. Some like to say "grow up", others like to say "got old". It's all the same thing.

But when you get to 23 and the new haircut or fashion comes in you think to yourself "ah, i see what they're doing. They're doing exactly what i was doing just a few years ago just with something new/different. I understand it perfectly".

Do you see the problem here? Let me spell it out for you:

Why are all these 23-29 year old guys, rather than saying "oh yeah, I get it, i recently went through that" aer saying "omg, that hipster look is so wrong, what a bunch of w***ers"

Could it be because that haircut is just a really bad haircut?

Think about it. Talk it over with your boyfriend if you like.

You don't understand why people care about what you look like, and I don't understand why you care so much about what you look like!

Can I speculate please... is it to appeal to chicks?

I just think if everyone stop caring so much about themselves... you know.

You don't understand why people care about what you look like, and I don't understand why you care so much about what you look like!

I dress the way i dress because I like it, if it appeals to chicks its a bonus and it has helped me pull a few chicks.

I think people have to stop caring so much about what other guys look like *cough*bunsen*cough* makes them seem a bit gay.

I dress the way i dress because I like it, if it appeals to chicks its a bonus and it has helped me pull a few chicks.

I think people have to stop caring so much about what other guys look like *cough*bunsen*cough* makes them seem a bit gay.

I hate women sometimes. Another one of my gay tendencies.

But the way you dress is specific to a certain point in time, it's fashion and it will change and so will your opinions to a certain extent. It's not how YOU dress, it's how pop culture is telling you to dress and look.

My gay tendency is to click that 'My BF' button up in the top left hand corner.
It makes me feel like I have a boyfriend.

Underrated post. Does it make you feel loved? hahaha

I'm in the category who would confuse you then. I get my haircut regularly (by a gay guy incidentally, because he's the best around by a mile), I dress in expensive/designer clothing, always conscious of wearing nice cologne and looking the part. Although I do well with girls as it is, I'm still really determined to look better all the time, so I'm in the gym 4-5 days a week and eat like a maniac - slowly bulking up.
It is definitely partly to attract girls, I'm 22 and single so picking up good-looking girls is half the fun in going out/away. But it is also in an attempt to look as good as I possibly can, and know that I have the determination to work hard in the gym, keep the right sort of diet to garner results, and improve consistently. It is incredibly satisfying seeing the results, and catching up with mates you haven't for a while and impressing them.
I understand what you're saying though, but to me looking good and working hard to look even better = confidence and a greater ability to enjoy yourself in social situations.

I cut you post short cause it was a wall but just letting you know I'm replying directly to ya. Another thing I cannot stand is the new gym junkie culture, guys going to the gym just to look good. My confidence is fine, I get physical exercise in my work and sports. Going to a gym solely to look good and boost self esteem is a load of crap I reckon. If it works for you thats fine and I'm glad you don't feel depressed, but letting women dictate your lifestyle choices seems to me like another not so masculine thing to do.

Also, I get my hair cut by a man called Clem Florence. And he is married with kids! Gives me a lol whenever I think about it.

I cut you post short cause it was a wall but just letting you know I'm replying directly to ya. Another thing I cannot stand is the new gym junkie culture, guys going to the gym just to look good. My confidence is fine, I get physical exercise in my work and sports. Going to a gym solely to look good and boost self esteem is a load of crap I reckon. If it works for you thats fine and I'm glad you don't feel depressed, but letting women dictate your lifestyle choices seems to me like another not so masculine thing to do.

Oh yeah, I'm not denying that I have some seriously gay tendencies, but I think if you are willing to make a serious difference to your body in terms of strength/muscle gains (which is incredibly difficult), whatever inspires you inspires you. I can't see any problem with going to gym to look good and build self-esteem, how many other reasons are there? It's also a good way to burn frustration/stress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back