nananana catman

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2003
www.geelongblog.com
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Kent Kingsley Krew
I know I am jumping in a tad early but I thought this thread would be a great idea.

Basically after Grand Final day everyone can write in here an entry about their Grand Final day, what you did, who you saw, how nervous you were that sort of stuff. Slap in a few pictures and she'll be looking gorgeous.

Can a mod please sticky this please?

I know I am jumping in a tad early but I thought this thread would be a great idea.

Basically after Grand Final day everyone can write in here an entry about their Grand Final day, what you did, who you saw, how nervous you were that sort of stuff. Slap in a few pictures and she'll be looking gorgeous.

Can a mod please sticky this please?

Only if we win though. We don't want any pictures depicting extreme acts of violence here. ;)

But yeah great idea. :thumbsu:

definately. though i'm not sure you guys will want pictures of me and my mates wasted. also, can people do a rundown on the parade? i can't get out of work so i have to miss it! rrr.

This thread slipped a few pages back so thought I'd bump it back to the front page.

What a great weekend. Here's how my GF day went down.

Woke up at seven, to nervous to sleep any later. Caught a 9:30 train, got to the ground at about 10:45. Amazed by the amount of people wandering around the G desperate for tickets with signs strapped to their chests hoping for a ticket, full respect for them. Also the number of corporate neutral supporters at the game really is amazing and dissapointing knowing how many people on this board would have given their left aggott to be there. But the only reason I was there was through business associates of my dad's so i cant complain, at least me and the old man, 2 GFC members for about the last 8 years voiced our support in a sea of neutralness. Any who back to the game, had a great lunch in a private function, food was good as were the guest speakers but was to nervous to appreciate either. Went out to watch the game, had great seats ground level right on the wing. Loved every single second of the match, was still a little reserved at half time but knew that we had it in the bag so started to take advantage of the free drinks. Never been happier than when the final siren went, stood and applauded for the entire presentation and lap of honour. Went back to the function room, more free drinks, then headed home on the train with a couple of fellow cats fans who were going nuts, great fun sang the song all the way home. Arrived home watched the end of the replay on fox. Am still currently in the process of drinking 1 crownie for each one of the cats 22 premiership players. Have labbelled them and layed them out on my round coffee table....up to the half forward line so far. Went out to the pub and had a lot of fun, then headed down to geelong today.

Might post some snaps i took at the match later.

Really was an amazing experience to be their, never been happier in my life, hope you've enjoyed this hung over induced rant, would love to hear from others about their experiences.

Finally........GO THE CATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2007 PREMIERS
TRUELY THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL

After being down all week due to missing tickets in the ballot, my husband volunteered to go and get one for me. He left home (Eltham) at 7.45 am and at 1.20pm I was seated on level 2 of the Southern Stand. For the first 10 minutes I just couldn't believe I was actually there!!!!!!!

I had a great day will remember it always. :p :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I woke up at 10am, rolled over a few times and then lent over to the TV and turned it on.
Turned on my laptop and came onto BigFooty whilst deviding my attention between it and the TV.
Dean Laidley didn't seem like as much as a ******** I thought he'd be.
1:00pm, I finally got out of bed and cleaned my room.
1:20pm, went outside and gave my dog food, water and cleaned out his kennel.
1:30pm, went and whinged about how there was no seats left for me in the lounge room, eyed off my brother seat (directly in front of the TV) but then my uncle got up so I stole his seat, which was slightly to the right of the TV but it was still a good view.
2:00pm, told everyone that I don't want a second commentary team so they better be quite during the game.
2:15pm, took one bite of my hamburger and decided I would be sick (from all the nerves) if I ate it. Had some of my brothers tequila, that crap made me feel sick-er.
2:30pm, nerves died down about 5 minutes into the game when I realised we were playing good footy. Yelled a few times at the umpires, that free against Wojo was crap.
Whatever time Stokesy got injured, I was asked if my nervs have settled down and I said "Yes, but I hope Stokesy is okay."
Half time, I badly needed to pee but I didn't want to miss any of the highlights/half time stuff/game.
So I waited until the end of the game.
At 6, I was screaming, yelling (I ended up semi-losing my voice just from yelling at the TV) and everyone was half drunk in my house already, except me.
Then I took some photos of the family on my phone and sent them around to family friends/peoples girlfriends/friends.
Replied to congratulations messages.
7:30, Everyone left for the pub, my uncle tried fitting into my XS old guernsey.
Was home alone, so I watched the replay in Fox Sports 2.
Cried a bit over the win, I was home alone so I could shed tears!
Listened to the Holy Grail and then went to bed with a bad headache.

Then today I watched the replay again, the Sunday footy show and found out my friend (who barracks for Essendon, so she couldn't give a crap about Geelong/Port/The GF let alone footy in general) went to the GF. Shame she moved away two years ago, if she was still here I probably would have went with her.

woke up at 6, got to the G about 7.15 and lined up to get a seat in mcc. seat on level 1, oh yeah! left the ground about 8.30 and went into town in all my geelong gear - bourke street FULL of footy supporters and everyone shouting out 'go cats'! got back to the ground about 12.30 and read all about the boys in the herald sun while the boring prematch entertainment went on and then FINALLY the game started! after we won, had a few glasses of champagne with friends and family (also geelong supporters) then went out on brunswick st to celebrate! all in all a FANTASTIC day and prob close to being the best weekend ever!!!!!!!!!

I was really tired when I woke up as I had to work till midnight Thursday and Friday and obviously being the Grand Final was never going to get much sleep anyway.

Got up about 8 oclock and tucked into some Bacon and Eggs for brekky, mmmmmm!

Then as planned headed around to my Pa's house to meet up with him for the Big Game.

My tickets to the Granny!!

My Auntie had arranged for us to go to the game in a Rolls Royce so that was really exciting, and we were pumped when it arrived at around 10:30.

For car Enthusiasts out there you are looking at a '79 Silver Wraith Rolls Royce limited edition of 220 in the world!

We cruised up the Highway and arrived at the Ground around 11:40. The road was surprisingly quiet for a Grand Final but we assumed most people V/Lined it up there.

The Ground was empty when we got there and the TAC game had about a quarter to go.

We watched the crew set up for the pre game stuff, but it was all just adding to the suspense of waiting for the players to come out and strut their stuff.

Don't really need to go into much detail about the game but we were very very pumped when they won!!!!!

-Woke up at 5
-Had a quick breakfast and shower.
-Drove to the MCG at arrived at 550
-Jumped into the MCC queue
-Stood for 2 hours
-Finally let in and rushed to Level 1
-Got a seat at M39 Row D :thumbsu:
-Got my ticket and left for home at 850
-Got home. Watched TAC GF
-Tried to eat something for lunch and threw it up LOL!
-Father droved me in at 1230
-Took my seat
-Watched Geelong annihilate Port
-Dad picked me up and home I went.

Got up at about 10, kissed my boyfriend goodbye at Flinders St train station after being unable to find a TAB (was gonna put $5 on Shannon to win the Norm Smith).

My seats were decent, and I sat in between an old couple and a family, all were Geelong supporters.

To be honest, the atmosphere was meh, because we were right next to the MCC members area - bay next to us decided to start a Mexican wave but it just died down when it got to the MCC side. Assholes.

Ran down after we won and sang the song with the boys!!! That was awesome.

Headed to Fed Square with Jess and Shell, listened to Evermore impatiently (but they were pretty good) and screamed our heads off when the boys came out!

Jess drove us all back to Geelong, and we drove through the city cos we heard about the madness there. That was AWESOME. Got stuck in traffic but we didn't care, just beeped at everyone and yelled out 'Go Cats!'. Kids and adults were running in traffic, high-fiving people and yelling, and there was a huge crowd in the city.

Drove back to my house and decided to go back in the city. I drove this time and it was great. We also parked the car and run up and down the streets high fiving people in their cars.

mcgpanoramanw8.jpg

View from my seat!

SATURDAY WAS OFFICALLY THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

This is how it went.

It started on Friday at the Grand Final parade where my organised GF tickets fell through!!!!:( It was devastating!!!!! So I decided to drown my sorrows at the Young and Jackson. I got smashed and didn't get home til 5am.

I woke up at 8am, then went to Federation Square on Grand Final morning still disappointed that I wasn't going to the Grand Final. I was trying to find scalpers, but most of them were selling tickets for $800-$1000 which was out of my price range.

Then over an announcement : "The Final four Grand Final tickets are going to be given away in a footy trivia". So I went over to the stage thing. 16 people had to be chosen to participate in the Quiz from the 1000ish people at Fed Square and they did that by asking the crowd footy questions. Who ever put their hand up first and correctly answered the question got on stage in the final 16.

The question that got me up there was "What year did Mark Williams play in his only grand Final?". It was 1981 and I obviously got it right.

From the last 16, it was knock out. So it was one on one, the first person to get the question right got through. Mind you, this was live on radio and replayed on TV apparently!

Anyway, to keep a good story short I got to the Final 2. Me and the other dude made a deal that we'd split the 4 tickets between us and decided whoever got the final question correct could keep the second prize which was a replica of the Grand Final Sherrin, signed by James Hird who was there to present it. Yes, I got the last question right!!!!!!!!!

The seats at the Grand Final were 5 rows from the fence and most importantly I GOT TO WATCH MY CATTERS WIN THEIR FIRST PREMIERSHIP IN 44 ****ING YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGGGOOOOOOOO CATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ING GO CATTERS!!!!!!

I went to the GFC breakfast (Very boring) then over to the G sat behind the point post just near our race, then went to fed square,then off to the GFC GF dinner, got about 300 pics with the cup will upload one when i get my camera back, then drank drank drank myself silly. slept all day yesterday then went down to Mad Monday today, at the lord of the isles.:thumbsu: also i sound like frank coasta ATM, got no voice left at all.

Where do I start. I woke up grand final day full of anticipation. I was excited about the cats winning the flag for the first time in a long time. I started drinking at 11am and drank through until the next morning. I won 300+ on SJ, and ended up shouting everyone free piss all night. Stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back