80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Huntingdale very underwhelming on Friday, there are about 5-6 really good holes out there, but condition is nowhere near what it was like back when it had the Masters. Fairway bunkering is good but the greenside bunkering is not very sandbeltish.. (I think I just made a new word).

My opinion Huntingdale is 3rd tier Sandbelt...

Kingston Heath
Royal
Metro
Vic

Woodlands
Commonwealth
Peninsula
Southern
Yarra Yarra

Spring Valley
Huntingdale
Keysborough

Huntingdale very underwhelming on Friday, there are about 5-6 really good holes out there, but condition is nowhere near what it was like back when it had the Masters. Fairway bunkering is good but the greenside bunkering is not very sandbeltish.. (I think I just made a new word).

My opinion Huntingdale is 3rd tier Sandbelt...

Kingston Heath
Royal
Metro
Vic

Woodlands
Commonwealth
Peninsula
Southern
Yarra Yarra

Spring Valley
Huntingdale
Keysborough

great summary

Like the layout?

i can take your question Look2Me4Guidance in two ways.

1) you are querying whether my thoughts on the ground at the course is like the layout (i.e. ground was hard, navigation of the complex also hard)

2) do I like the way (he goes about it #pukedarcy) the course (27 holes) are set out?

ill take bit of 1 and 2 please.

layout of the complex is good. but 27 hole courses also confuse me. dunno why, just does. i think we played the nursery. although ive played the course a number of times, i can never really remember too much considering the annual event (memorial day) is about fun and carting around.

i think the course could be sign posted better as in some cases there are forks in the road sans signage. thankfully playing partner was more familiar than i.

onto my game. the group won, so i won. 4bbb is always fun. didnt sink any putts all day, the greesn were cored and slow as buggery. so no poulter moments. as a team we 2 putted every hole except the last played (18th) where we were up and down, with a 1.5m putt (all our landed balls all day were consistently 5m+ out requiring 2 putts.

my first tee shot was like kobe v spurs yesterday. drop kick for a court contribution of -8. but like a true warrior fought back with some consistent driving thereafter....until perhaps the final 4-5 holes. but like all team sports, we had role bench players come to the fore.

YESTERDAY:

hit a bucket of balls at The National. then went home.

Pretty unpleasant out there today. Very hot.

Looked at the weather last night at the time it was 27 degrees in Bris and 16 in Melb. Jelly of you guys down south.

i can take your question Look2Me4Guidance in two ways.

1) you are querying whether my thoughts on the ground at the course is like the layout (i.e. ground was hard, navigation of the complex also hard)

2) do I like the way (he goes about it #pukedarcy) the course (27 holes) are set out?

ill take bit of 1 and 2 please.

layout of the complex is good. but 27 hole courses also confuse me. dunno why, just does. i think we played the nursery. although ive played the course a number of times, i can never really remember too much considering the annual event (memorial day) is about fun and carting around.

i think the course could be sign posted better as in some cases there are forks in the road sans signage. thankfully playing partner was more familiar than i.

onto my game. the group won, so i won. 4bbb is always fun. didnt sink any putts all day, the greesn were cored and slow as buggery. so no poulter moments. as a team we 2 putted every hole except the last played (18th) where we were up and down, with a 1.5m putt (all our landed balls all day were consistently 5m+ out requiring 2 putts.

my first tee shot was like kobe v spurs yesterday. drop kick for a court contribution of -8. but like a true warrior fought back with some consistent driving thereafter....until perhaps the final 4-5 holes. but like all team sports, we had role bench players come to the fore.

YESTERDAY:

hit a bucket of balls at The National. then went home.

I heard a whisper that the old Croydon members aren't overly happy with Y Meadows, especially the higher handicappers and the women. Word about town is they are waiting for the new Eastern to open up #massexodus

I heard a whisper that the old Croydon members aren't overly happy with Y Meadows, especially the higher handicappers and the women. Word about town is they are waiting for the new Eastern to open up #massexodus

interesting. very interesting.

They could head up the road to the new chirnside park...whatever its now called

So played Greenacres last Friday. Very mild conditions, but a bit breezy. The tees were by and large very sandy, which I don't like because the tee kept sinking into the sand. Otherwise, the course was quite pleasant but I felt that it was quite narrow, given it's bounded by the freeway and the Yarra river.

How does one go about getting a handicap?

Wouldnt mind trying to get one. Im not a member at a club and dont really want to fork out the big dollars. I here i can potentially go to a country club sign up for bugger all and get a handicap?

Wouldnt mind being able to play with the pro ams when they come over to test a course out before the tournaments. Would be gold.

Wouldnt mind trying to get one. Im not a member at a club and dont really want to fork out the big dollars. I here i can potentially go to a country club sign up for bugger all and get a handicap?
^^^^^
that

join a club (whichever is cheapest if thats what you want). you must play a number of rounds, have partner (playing not lover or sexual) sign and mark scorecard. collect and hand in scorecards to the club who will arrange golflink number, and handicap.

once you get it you will be able to play comps and become handicapable (get it haha)

Wouldnt mind being able to play with the pro ams when they come over to test a course out before the tournaments. Would be gold.

Mate there are a few options these days, I know Eynesbury has a "pay for play" membership, so the initial outlay to get a handicap is bugger all, and you get discounted rounds if you play at Eynesbury.

In other news, caddying at Metro today practice round for the Masters, if you love golf get to Metro Thurs - Sunday. Amazing golf course in ridiculous condition!!

Last edited:
Mate there are a few options these days, I know Eynesbury has a "pay for play" membership, so the initial outlay to get a handicap is bugger all, and you get discounted rounds if you play at Eynesbury.

In other news, caddying at Metro today practice round for the Masters, if you love golf get to Metro Thurs - Sunday. Amazing golf course in ridiculous condition!!
I live in western australia, but thanks.

Wish i was going to aus open in 2 weeks timr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the one marking your score card have to be the same person every time?

How many time Before you get the handicap?

Does the person also need to be a member of the course?

Does the one marking your score card have to be the same person every time?

How many time Before you get the handicap?

Does the person also need to be a member of the course?

no

when i did it i handed in around 5 cards

no. i think just have a handicap

Followed Scott around today. He played with ogilvey and ruffels. Ruffels if going to be amazing. Had a better short game than both Scott and ogilvey.

Happy to report my man successfully negotiated the +2 cut at the Masters.. Started Par, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, today. It is awesome to watch golf of that quality from inside the ropes. Unfortunately stuttered a little mid round otherwise it could have been a LOW one!! Metro is in absolutely amazing shape, fairways the equal of anything in the world!! overheard Boo Weekley heaping praise on the course in the locker room.. great to see young amateur Todd Sinnott playing really well on his home course also.

Can't wait to tee it up again soon myself!!

Watching Nick O'Hearn on the par 5 8th (I think). Was 2 to just before the left bunker. Dudded the chip into the bunker. Was too cute with his next sand shot and failed to get out. Was too cute again with his sand shot and failed to get out and the ball was almost plugged. Then finally got out. Was tough to watch.

Brown n Gold do you try/need to say anything to keep your guy focused when on a good/bad streak? Was beautiful weather out there today I'm sure you had a great time. Agree that the course is in great condition, some of those uphill putts you think wow this is going to be miles short and it goes past the hole! Amazing stuff.

Scott just never seemed to get into a good rhythm. I know he had a pretty good round (on the scorecard) but watching him all day he didn't seem to get into a consistent 'groove' and looked pretty frustrated at times. Hopefully he comes out blazing tomorrow.

Watching Nick O'Hearn on the par 5 8th (I think). Was 2 to just before the left bunker. Dudded the chip into the bunker. Was too cute with his next sand shot and failed to get out. Was too cute again with his sand shot and failed to get out and the ball was almost plugged. Then finally got out. Was tough to watch.

Brown n Gold do you try/need to say anything to keep your guy focused when on a good/bad streak? Was beautiful weather out there today I'm sure you had a great time. Agree that the course is in great condition, some of those uphill putts you think wow this is going to be miles short and it goes past the hole! Amazing stuff.

Scott just never seemed to get into a good rhythm. I know he had a pretty good round (on the scorecard) but watching him all day he didn't seem to get into a consistent 'groove' and looked pretty frustrated at times. Hopefully he comes out blazing tomorrow.

Yeah it can be hard to watch a pro make a meal of a hole, the amount of work they do particularly on the short stuff around the greens ensures it doesn't happen often. In a good stretch of holes generally it is about keeping it light hearted and not thinking too much about the score. We had a little laugh about that movie The Bank Job.. contains a quote "how did that happen"... "****ed if I know, just keep walking" the good stretches are easy to deal with.. It gets difficult when things start turning to sh1t...

Hope a good round tomorrow can get him in contention to give a top 10 a shake come Sunday.

Last edited:
Hit 43 at collier park perth yday. Landed on the greens in regulation for just about all of them. My putting continues to let me down.

Have no confidence in putting right now. Unsure whats wrong just cant get them sinking to worried about leaving it to far past the hole so never giving it a chance. Par 4 yday was on in 2 and putted 4 times.

Probably my least practiced part of my game so probably can start with putting some time into it i guess. Anyone got tips for a semi novice like myself?

Hit 43 at collier park perth yday. Landed on the greens in regulation for just about all of them. My putting continues to let me down.

Have no confidence in putting right now. Unsure whats wrong just cant get them sinking to worried about leaving it to far past the hole so never giving it a chance. Par 4 yday was on in 2 and putted 4 times.

Probably my least practiced part of my game so probably can start with putting some time into it i guess. Anyone got tips for a semi novice like myself?

Putting tips...

*Grip pressure, hold as loosely as you can
*Bend at the hips to allow your shoulders to rock back and forth (wrists shouldn't be involved in your stroke)
* Try to match backswing and follow through length
* Make sure you are watching the ball and not the putter head on your backswing
* Try to keep the putter head low to the ground on your backswing and follow through
* putt before your round, use 3 balls from 2m, 3m & 5m focus only getting the correct speed (trying to roll the ball 1 foot beyond the hole, if not in) once you feel like you are getting the right speed regularly drop a ball at 5m, 8m 10m approx and try to do the same. Finish with trying to make 2-5 footers drop 3 or 4 balls around the hole so you have one uphill, one left to right and one right to left break.

great advice b and g.

i used to be a good putter. even with incorrect drip (held it like an axe). then changed to "proper" grip. on avg id go around in 2.6 putts/hole. difficult at my course, the greens are
anyway, i remmeber on the simpsons, bart was in a mini golf championship, and lisa asked him what the sound of one hand clapping sounds like. sometimes i ask myself the same question to clear my mind, then putt.

great advice b and g.

i used to be a good putter. even with incorrect drip (held it like an axe). then changed to "proper" grip. on avg id go around in 2.6 putts/hole. difficult at my course, the greens are
anyway, i remmeber on the simpsons, bart was in a mini golf championship, and lisa asked him what the sound of one hand clapping sounds like. sometimes i ask myself the same question to clear my mind, then putt.

Love the one hand clapping idea!! It's funny with putting often we get our mind caught up thinking about the line and how hard to hit it.. yet if you throw a tennis ball to someone you don't think anything you "just do it"..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back