80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
last friday - old course national. played like poo with 6 wipes on the front 9. better on the back. hard to do anything when you put your ball into the deep trees from the tee and are chasing. drives were going everywhere, well mostly to the right.

yesterday - moonah at national. better, although due to expansive fairways was able to have a second shot instead of re-loading. met my target of 30 pts just. short game was great. in fact any shot requiring a 7 iron, PW, SW or LW felt good. putting was less than adequate.

Last week thursday. Wembley golf course - Old course 18 holes. Shot 96. Drives where very good, I just can't putt or chip. Iron shots where fine.

golf is about feel. chip/putt even moreso. what seems to be issue with yours?

I'm pretty good with long putts, short puts I really struggle. With my chipping, I seem to not hit the ball, I either am to conscious of taking short swing and it not going anywhere, or I hit it too long. This would see me put from 20+ yards out.

I'm pretty good with long putts, short puts I really struggle. With my chipping, I seem to not hit the ball, I either am to conscious of taking short swing and it not going anywhere, or I hit it too long. This would see me put from 20+ yards out.

short swing on chip is ok. follow through is vital. be confident and let it flow through on follow through.

putting from 20m out is ok too. at my club, especially the ocean course, you can put from as much as 30m away. but the fairways and greens are pristine.

hands in from of the cclub for chips too

Any tips for good chipping and putting? Rest of my game is pretty sound.

What club do you chip with?

Short putts...do you have a routine? Eg markings on the ball aligned to a point? Consistently putting 6-8 inches further than the hole keeping consistent pace?

What club do you chip with?

Short putts...do you have a routine? Eg markings on the ball aligned to a point? Consistently putting 6-8 inches further than the hole keeping consistent pace?
Usually Sandwedge for more loft. But lately, I've chipped with my PW and have had better results. For short putts, I usually leave them too short, get scared I'll smash it past the hole.

Usually Sandwedge for more loft. But lately, I've chipped with my PW and have had better results. For short putts, I usually leave them too short, get scared I'll smash it past the hole.

Really simply..

If its not reaching the hole it cant go In.
6 inches past
do you try and flop your chips or chip and run?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chipping, stick to PW or a 9i. leave sw and lobbies in the bag unless hazard in the way
I really need to adopt this method. I used to go by it but for some reason stopped.

Played Friday and have continued to shave more shots off. Taken roughly 22-23 shots off my score over the last fortnight. Still stuffing up chips and leaving puts out there so more improvement to go.

Really simply..

If its not reaching the hole it cant go In.
6 inches past
do you try and flop your chips or chip and run?
Dave Pelz the putting guru has stated that 13 inches past the hole is the perfect holing speed if you want to hole more putts!!

Dave Pelz the putting guru has stated that 13 inches past the hole is the perfect holing speed if you want to hole more putts!!

I'm all good with that,
I average 28ish putts a round so I'm reasonably happy with that.
now if i could magically learn to chip onite

I'm all good with that,
I average 28ish putts a round so I'm reasonably happy with that.
now if i could magically learn to chip onite
The most common error most people make when chipping is having the ball to far forward.. Put the ball back in your stance even back of centre so you get some shaft lean. It will create a descending blow and a more consistent strike

The most common error most people make when chipping is having the ball to far forward.. Put the ball back in your stance even back of centre so you get some shaft lean. It will create a descending blow and a more consistent strike

Cheers
i blade them to often.
don't trust the club and try and scoop it up

Never used to when i was a 12 handicapper 4 years ago

Cheers
i blade them to often.
don't trust the club and try and scoop it up

Never used to when i was a 12 handicapper 4 years ago
Yeah give it a crack mate.. Sounds like with the scooping and blading shots it will help

Much appreciated

When I try back in my stance i end up very open chested and front on...is that wrong?
No that's fine trying to stay to square to the target line will be difficult..the most important thing is getting that shaft lean

Golf is beautiful game isn't it? Was 2 over par through 5 holes, ended up shooting one of the worst scores I have ever hit. Going from crushing drives and nailing all puts to losing over 10 balls on the back 9 and missing at least 4 puts within half a meter.

Back to the drawing board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back