80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
are they big changes being proposed or tweaks?

i think a significant change. my swing was roundarm like where club was more parallel to the ground, working on moving upwards and steeper.

From the score posted sounds like he went from playing right handed over to left handed!

haha. if only. actually may have been better that way. losing 9 balls doesnt help (ie in the tea trees - once its in, its property of the National).

i think a significant change. my swing was roundarm like where club was more parallel to the ground, working on moving upwards and steeper.

haha. if only. actually may have been better that way. losing 9 balls doesnt help (ie in the tea trees - once its in, its property of the National).

Yeah any course with tea trees is always a killer if you're wayward off the tee. Point Lonsdale has lots of my golf balls too :)

You've lost me a bit on your description of your swing change though. Your saying club parallel with the ground is a bad thing?? I'm assuming you mean at the top of the backswing? Since when?
Moving towards upwards and steeper? I can only imagine a more of a chopping motion rather than a swing. Plus a loss of distance.

Yeah any course with tea trees is always a killer if you're wayward off the tee. Point Lonsdale has lots of my golf balls too :)

You've lost me a bit on your description of your swing change though. Your saying club parallel with the ground is a bad thing?? I'm assuming you mean at the top of the backswing? Since when?
Moving towards upwards and steeper? I can only imagine a more of a chopping motion rather than a swing. Plus a loss of distance.

Hip%20Rotators%20-%20Baseball%20Swing.jpg

second from left. continue that plane (ie parallel to ground) around behind. then come back on same plane to impact. i was essentially sweeping the ball. i used a lot of wrist action (developed from years of late night activities), like a flick at impact to allow distance.

Hip%20Rotators%20-%20Baseball%20Swing.jpg

second from left. continue that plane (ie parallel to ground) around behind. then come back on same plane to impact. i was essentially sweeping the ball. i used a lot of wrist action (developed from years of late night activities), like a flick at impact to allow distance.
Ah ok, now I see what you mean. That would be an interesting swing to watch! :)

What's it like for the high handicapper? Have a hunch I could leave with a severe case of golfing depression

Depends on why you are a high handicapper?
cant putt?
cant drive
irons?

Greens are fair but big, all about pace and line
Fairways are quite wide but most holes have some version of water on them
irons into greens are possibly the tuffest part of the course, I hit it a decent distance and a lot of holes i was hitting 4 (195M) - 6( 170M) iron into a green -

number of shots from within 100m is my biggest problem really. Really want to play it and it's only down the road but want to be consistently under the 100 before I tackle it

number of shots from within 100m is my biggest problem really. Really want to play it and it's only down the road but want to be consistently under the 100 before I tackle it
That's why the pros are so good.
100m and closer they rarely hit it to further than 10ft from the hole. This is the way to shoot low scores!!
As a practice goal, chip from 10m and try to get them within 1ft. 20m within 2 ft, 30m within 3ft etc.
Dial in your wedges for distance and you'll be knocking it close and turning bogey putts into birdie putts!

Play it.

You'll love it

Where do you normally play?

Played for the first time in about a year today. Played Whaleback for the first time ever and scored 99 for my first ever sub 100 round. Started off really rusty but got into it more as the round went on and even parred 3 of the back nine :)
Just need to play more often and I won't have to spend half a round getting back into the swing of it. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What process do people go through with putting. Im struggling to lineup and get a read at the moment. Do people pick a marker about a foot in front of the ball?

Any tips? or videos that have some good training tips ect?

Hit 43 yesterday and think i had 19 putts which is the same as 45 for 21 putts really.
I've struggled with the putting yips and here's my fix it tips.
1. Get down on your knees (snooker style) and line up the line on your ball EXACTLY to where you want to hit it (eg. Hole on a straight one) and when you putt rarely look at the hole but focus on the putter face being square to that line and when you stroke the ball pretend that line is a coin rolling on its edge in a straight line from your putter with no wobbles. (Even think of the topspin you'd have to give it if it actually were a coin so as not to wobble.
2. Be happy within a cup width from 2-3 meters it relieves pressure.
3. For very long putts imagine how many revolutions a big ball like a basketball would need to get there then pretend that's what your hitting...lol sounds dumb but if you've been as low I've been on the greens you'll try anything. :oops:
4. Have definite different length backswings for 1,2 and 3 meter putts. Never roughly the same length is ok type thinking.
5. A great practice drill is putting a ball into another around the green like billiards but never go beyond 1meter as it's designed to instil confidence by never missing the ball and also make the hole seem bigger when next addressed.
Hope this is of use it works for me :cool: I Was scratch handicap 2 years ago btw but stopped playing for over a year and putting and pitching close are the toughest things I'm finding when I play now but I'm only once a week player now as opposed to 4 -5 times I used to be.

Last edited:
Greens are fair but big, all about pace and line
Fairways are quite wide but most holes have some version of water on them
irons into greens are possibly the tuffest part of the course, I hit it a decent distance and a lot of holes i was hitting 4 (195M) - 6( 170M) iron into a green -
:D Lol I'm sitting here trying to think of what else a green could possibly be all about and all I can come up with is "Greens are fair but big, all about pace but don't worry about line because they're covered with duck s**t so the ball goes anywhere":confused::p

Last edited:
Had 34 points today in Stableford. Teed off at 6am, rained all through the front nine. Shocking conditions, had a 15 out and 19 in.

The weather cleared up at about 10am, before most of the winning scorers teed off. 38 points won B grade and $65 in pro shop credit. Had I not wiped on 11 and 13, I would've been in with a shot. Oh well!

At least my handicap is getting lower; the course played to 74 today so I went from 15.6 to 15.2.

Had 34 points today in Stableford. Teed off at 6am, rained all through the front nine. Shocking conditions, had a 15 out and 19 in.

The weather cleared up at about 10am, before most of the winning scorers teed off. 38 points won B grade and $65 in pro shop credit. Had I not wiped on 11 and 13, I would've been in with a shot. Oh well!

At least my handicap is getting lower; the course played to 74 today so I went from 15.6 to 15.2.

Which course bud?

Which course bud?
Maroochy River GC. Brand spanking new course 20 mins from Noosa. Great links track, so many variables given tee positions/wind gusts.

Should be the 2nd course you play behind Noosa Springs if you ever find yourself on the Sunshine Coast.

stunning

but teed up a bit high

its the angle of the lens that gives that impression. erm, yeah i do tee it up a bit to encourage some things

first hole ocean course rated as one of hte most stunning par 5s in the country. ratings, yeah, everyones got one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back