80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Loving it! Even a little fist pump at towards the end of his round there so he's starting to enjoy it :thumbsu:

Looking at his highlight reel from the round he missed quite a few birdies by a very small margin. So could have been an even lower round.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
The worst I've played, ever. I gave myself the day off Uni as I wanted to challenge myself today; Maroochy River GC's monthly stroke play tourney played off the black tees with near-impossible pin locations and of course, moderate-strong winds on each hole. The hardest conditions possible.

I drove the ball okay, flushed my woods/irons, but chunked most of my shots within 100m and putted appallingly.

Like, words probably can't describe how poorly I putted. From the lag putting to short putting, my direction/speed was completely off the radar.

1st hole: 5 putted
2nd hole: 3 putted
4th hole: missed a 3 foot chance for birdie
5th hole: 3 putted
6th hole: 3 putted
7th hole: missed a 2 ft par putt
11th hole: 4 putted
12th hole: 3 putted
13th hole: missed a straight, uphill par putt from 5ft
14th hole: 3 putted
16th hole: 3 putted
17th hole: horseshoed a 7ft downhill par putt

I usually keep my temper in check; but I just couldn't today. When I don't putt well, every facet of my game falls down with it. Completely devoid from confidence, I am now.

I've decided to go back to the reliable Rossa agsi+.

I'm busy for most of tomorrow, but if I can get out to the course by 4pm I might just sneak 9 in. Anything to flush today down the drain.

Black Swan Challenge  Stroke.png

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=old+head+golf&safe=strict&prmd=im&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIt9bZ4viNxwIVrhbbCh2XUwAD&biw=360&bih=567#imgrc=_AQeZFq_DW20sM:

Hey fellow golfers.
Over in the UK at the moment, and heading to Ireland tonight.
Above is a picture of the course I am playing on Thursday. It's called Old Head Golf Links. (Having trouble downloading any pics to put up here using free wi-fi so just click on the link or google it)
Hoping for some reasonable weather or it could be trouble!

The worst I've played, ever. I gave myself the day off Uni as I wanted to challenge myself today; Maroochy River GC's monthly stroke play tourney played off the black tees with near-impossible pin locations and of course, moderate-strong winds on each hole. The hardest conditions possible.

I drove the ball okay, flushed my woods/irons, but chunked most of my shots within 100m and putted appallingly.

Like, words probably can't describe how poorly I putted. From the lag putting to short putting, my direction/speed was completely off the radar.

1st hole: 5 putted
2nd hole: 3 putted
4th hole: missed a 3 foot chance for birdie
5th hole: 3 putted
6th hole: 3 putted
7th hole: missed a 2 ft par putt
11th hole: 4 putted
12th hole: 3 putted
13th hole: missed a straight, uphill par putt from 5ft
14th hole: 3 putted
16th hole: 3 putted
17th hole: horseshoed a 7ft downhill par putt

I usually keep my temper in check; but I just couldn't today. When I don't putt well, every facet of my game falls down with it. Completely devoid from confidence, I am now.

I've decided to go back to the reliable Rossa agsi+.

I'm busy for most of tomorrow, but if I can get out to the course by 4pm I might just sneak 9 in. Anything to flush today down the drain.

View attachment 158837

keep at it. from memory you're off 15? obiously u can pay, itll come back.

04 Durif

All Australian
Jun 6, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Carlton
9 hole stableford on the weekend. 16 points which was 3 behind the winner. Was pretty pleased with it as was first round after getting lesson. This resulted in completely new grip, swing and putter while I was there. Hopefully brings the handicap down as well. Looking to drop 10 off it in 12 months which will take it down to 20

9 hole stableford on the weekend. 16 points which was 3 behind the winner. Was pretty pleased with it as was first round after getting lesson. This resulted in completely new grip, swing and putter while I was there. Hopefully brings the handicap down as well. Looking to drop 10 off it in 12 months which will take it down to 20

i like the cut of your jib. i too started in the 30s. won a few comps (stableford of course) that got me hooked on the game. i recommend playing/praciticing every week, and getting more lessons.

04 Durif

All Australian
Jun 6, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Carlton
i like the cut of your jib. i too started in the 30s. won a few comps (stableford of course) that got me hooked on the game. i recommend playing/praciticing every week, and getting more lessons.
Yep. Going to get at least one more lesson and use the driving range a bit more to work on specific things. Got a nine hole comp on a friday which is a bit of a regular. Hanging out for daylight savings so I can get a solid 18 in after work

Yep. Going to get at least one more lesson and use the driving range a bit more to work on specific things. Got a nine hole comp on a friday which is a bit of a regular. Hanging out for daylight savings so I can get a solid 18 in after work

Where do u play?

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
Don't just go to the range and practice full swing shots.
Your time should be divided equally between full swing shots, chipping and putting.
I've never seen a 30 handicapper with a good short game or can putt well and these 2 areas is where you can get shots off your handicap easily.

Don't just go to the range and practice full swing shots.
Your time should be divided equally between full swing shots, chipping and putting.
I've never seen a 30 handicapper with a good short game or can putt well and these 2 areas is where you can get shots off your handicap easily.

i was always a good putter even off 30. however getting to putt was the issue.

Howlong. Near Albury on the Murray

i dunno howlong to go. lel. you must get that a lot

Played Black Bull this morning, 1st game in what seems like ages

Shot 5 over off the back markers.

Stupid 3 putt dble bogey hurt on 14

Hit the best 4 iron i can recall ever hitting.

Hopefully get a round in again later next week

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
If you're flushing your long irons, you must be swinging it well. Good score off the back tees!

I'll definitely have a hit at the Black Bull the next time I'm up near the Murray (usually get a houseboat in Echuca at Christmas time).

If you're flushing your long irons, you must be swinging it well. Good score off the back tees!

I'll definitely have a hit at the Black Bull the next time I'm up near the Murray (usually get a houseboat in Echuca at Christmas time).

Hit a 4 iron from 209m to 4ft

Just flushed, felt sweet as.

Still got f-all touch from 50-80 metres out.

Full irons I'm good

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Did you stop it or just roll it up?

I played 9 holes after Uni today. 40 (+4) including two birdies and a triple bogey. Played quite poorly, but my short game/putting were quite excellent for a change; my lowish score outlines the importance of greenside touch!

Back