80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

No mate, I don't get enough time off work to do more than the Masters every year at the moment. Probably help him out on the weekend at the VIC open also but thats about it.

Given the conditions this arvo he played damm well

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Only a casual player but played my 1st round in over a year.

My god it was bad, putting especially. Would've had 40-45 putts. Normally consistently in the 30's.

Time for a new putter

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
is it the putters fault, or the putters fault?

75% me, 25% putter tbh, if I can get that to 50/50 then that should save a good amount of strokes with it. Normally I'm between 30-35ish, only got a cheap $20 Maxfli putter atm that came with the original set of clubs. Has no weight at all behind it. I used a mates putter for half a round years ago that had some weight behind it and putted much better with it.

75% me, 25% putter tbh, if I can get that to 50/50 then that should save a good amount of strokes with it. Normally I'm between 30-35ish, only got a cheap $20 Maxfli putter atm that came with the original set of clubs. Has no weight at all behind it. I used a mates putter for half a round years ago that had some weight behind it and putted much better with it.

Are you planning on playing on a regular basis?

Until then not even a scotty can help

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

yeah, gonna join at a club as a social/casual member in the new year and start keeping a handicap so I can at least try and get better.
a course near me has monthly installment plans which is a massive help.

yeah, gonna join at a club as a social/casual member in the new year and start keeping a handicap so I can at least try and get better.

In S.A?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is true

good start! start playing comp and you'll see the benefits. and some lessons may hel[

Mar 21, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why aren't more courses designed with

5 par 3s
5 par 5s
8 par 4s

Instead of the
4/4/10 traditional mix

Tura Beach up near Merimbula has 6 par 5's 7 par 4's and 5 par 3's... It's an amazing layout well worth playing and always seems to be enjoyable to play a couple of extra 5 pars, all of which have risk reward...

Mar 21, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
72 first time around Royal Adelaide golf club..

AMAZING course in mint condition... Had -4 around the front nine which resulted from solid striking and a very hot putter. The birdies dried up on the back, 2 bogeys and a double at the short par 5 15th made for a slightly disappointing finish. That said I would have been happy to break 80 first time around a track like that!!

Possibly highlight of the day was at the signature 3rd hole 265m par 4 flushed the driver which landed on the front part of the green and ended up on the back fringe. Missed the Eagle putt but made the birdie. You can just see my ball long right of the flag in the below photo..

upload_2015-12-6_15-24-27.png

72 first time around Royal Adelaide golf club..

AMAZING course in mint condition... Had -4 around the front nine which resulted from solid striking and a very hot putter. The birdies dried up on the back, 2 bogeys and a double at the short par 5 15th made for a slightly disappointing finish. That said I would have been happy to break 80 first time around a track like that!!

Possibly highlight of the day was at the signature 3rd hole 265m par 4 flushed the driver which landed on the front part of the green and ended up on the back fringe. Missed the Eagle putt but made the birdie. You can just see my ball long right of the flag in the below photo..

View attachment 198518

i thought use pf mobiles during comp was DQ. but internet is telling me its ok, including use of spirit level, compass, weather conditions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back