80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
i have survived. the round took longer than expected due to various reasons. a 730 tee time. wind. lots of it. and hot wind. thankfully the sprinklers were out in force. or was it?

on the 2nd par 5, crunched a rare draw drive shapped nicely into the centre. over the ridge it goes yay. get to ridge to see the sprinkler hose adjacent to fairway and thus stopped my ball. wasnt happy.

anyway, yeah it was stinking hot. not surprisinly many pulled out of playing today

Good effort to get through it mate.. I've taken pole position on the couch in front of the aircon with no plans to move far from my current position!!

Played Tatura this morning

Missed 2 putts from 3ft or less.

Two par 5s had 155 and 175 to the green for 2.
Missed greens both times..

Ahhh

Ended with 73

And for the First time ever

Landed on all 4 par 3s..happy dayz

Happy new year All

Had 37pts at Northern today which is looking very shabby!! a few temp greens where they are building our new holes and a few brown "greens" from a water pump malfunction on Christmas eve / Christmas day. 6 or 7 years ago it was always in good nick, shame to see it in its current state...

I only have one goal in 2016 which is to get to scratch for the first time got down to 0.8 a years ago under the old system. Was down to 2.1 a couple of months back, after 37 today I have gone out to 3.5 need a couple of under par rounds quick smart!!

Played this morning.

2 of us first group out on the back 9.

In a cart played the 9 holes in an hour and 10 minutes.
Played ok. 40 for the 9.
Then played the front 9 in a lazy 2 1/2 hours.
Held up by every old bloke who all have the same bloody issue.
Par 4...say 360.metres.
Hit driver off the tee, maybe hit it 160 metres. Then wait for the green to clear before hitting there second shot.

FFS 160 metres With a driver means you cannot hit a hybrid 200 metres.

Slow frustrating golf drives me bonkers.

Needless to say my second 9 consisted of 44 very average shots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+3 today around Northern, could have been should have been better but just WASN'T!! had It -1 bogey 11th, 3 putted 14th from 20 feet... hit 8 iron MILES on the par 3 16th thought I had to nuke it to get it there, nuked it all the way through the green into a s**t lie in the bunker... bogey on 18th from 103m in... urrggghhh!!

Playing with low handicappers is great. Just pick up little bits here and there. I've had a successful festive period and dropped 4 shots in 3 rounds. It's always good to see progress

played kingston heath with some low handis today.

30 points, solid despite fact most tee shots were s**t. on drive went up like a sand wedge and nestled on someones roof.

delicious par 3s, the 15th i think played to 92m today.

i love KH cause its flat (in comparison to my home course). i know low handis rave about it, as do pros. i wonder if its the reputation that makes it ace cool and grouse.

30 points, solid despite fact most tee shots were s**t. on drive went up like a sand wedge and nestled on someones roof.

i love KH cause its flat (in comparison to my home course). i know low handis rave about it, as do pros. i wonder if its the reputation that makes it ace cool and grouse.

Ripping track, ripping layout

How were the greens. Both times I've played there the greens have been as bumpy as *

Perfect golf course... pure mix of accuracy, long game, short game, strategy.. that is the best way I can explain it...

Add History & aura....

Last edited:
Tasmania really setting up as a tourism hotspot - golf being one of the major drawcards. I really should plan a trip down there sometime!

heard varying reports on barnbougle and lost farm. mostly both excellent, some for bougle only, some LF only. interested to hear thoughts of posters here

Played at glen waverly yesterday, incredibly flat course. Did make a slight correction to my swing which seemed to work on the back 9. Hit a 6 iron about 200m over the back fence and into bushland. Really should have used an 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back