Discrim

Senior List
Aug 27, 2005
Racine, Wisconsin, USA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, Chi Bears, Chi Cubs
Heh, I've been hitting the footy design forum, headed here, saw the thread...and figured what the hell, I have nothing related to the Seahawks but I'll dig out a couple old concepts of mine for the hell of it

Saints-Mardi Gras specials
saintsmardi.png

saintsmardi2.png

When I'd posted the black one elsewhere, the feedback I got was basically that it looked too much like their normal jerseys, so I made the green/purple one shortly afterwards (08 or 09, IIRC). The sleeve stripes are Mardi Gras beads positioned to resemble traditional football striping. The weird helmet/pants stripe on the green/purple version, by my own admission, is something I file under "crap I come up with when I run out of good ideas"

Chiefs preseason uniform
ChiefsSummer.png

Man...I did this one sometime between 04 and 06, I forget when exactly...the Saints, Chiefs and Bears used to come up to Wisconsin for training camp, and along with the Packers (and Vikings, who held training camp in Mankato rather than the Twin Cities), made up the "Cheese League." The Chiefs were still making the annual trip to River Falls when I'd made this one, and the idea just came to me. Eh well, thought I'd post em here.

Staying in the AFC South - a small tweak to the Colts uniforms, and bringing back the Blue pants from the mid 90s. I'm guessing the Nike unveil will probably make any designs redundant, but I'll press on.

IndHome.png
IndAway.png

The sleeve design won't be that effective on players that cut off the sleeves unfortunately.

Next AFC South team - Houston Texans. I'm not a fan of the current Texans uniform, maybe it's the numbers or the funny shoulder stripe.

On these designs I've added the Texas flag to the sleeve and pants stripe, making the sleeve two coloured and narrowed the Nike Ronald McDonald collar :D. I know this has no chance of working as apparently Dallas has the trademark to the star shape in the NFL :rolleyes: and on 2nd analysis it also looks a little bit like the Dallas thankgiving uniform.

HoustonHome.png
HoustonAway.png

Last ones...

concept-1-3-front.png
This helmet looks nice from the front with the metallic finish to it.

What is with all the Redskins concept helmets at the moment? I'm starting to think where there is smoke there is fire and I'm feeling uncomfortable at the moment. :)

What's so bad about it? It's just like the themed decals of Eagle wings, Rams horns, Viking horns, Bengal stripes. Which all work well, and I think that Redskins feather look would work too.

Looks like pesky magpie feathers. :p Totally a lost colour/ design transfix that doesn't embody the Redskin origin.

Stick with tradition DAMN IT!! the Redskin tailgate doesn't need ugly, toothless, unhygienic B/W filth in their parking lots or on their helmets. :p

tailgate.jpg

Discrim

Senior List
Aug 27, 2005
Racine, Wisconsin, USA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, Chi Bears, Chi Cubs
That Texans one was interesting...though yeah, folks would be calling those Cowboys ripoffs. It's funny, I hated the Cowboys in the 90s but loved the doublestar jerseys. Anyways, here goes some of my more recent stuff

Raiders and USC (Marcus Allen)
c2pmarcusallen.png

A piece of a little something I'd wound up specializing in during the NFL season, where I'd take a particular quartet of players who were somehow connected, then essentially see what their college and pro teams would look like in uniforms at least similar to the other (or, as it ended up for USC, how much like Arizona State I can make em look :D). Some of the groups included Miami alums, players who won both the Heisman Trophy and Super Bowl (which the above is from), players from small schools who made it to the league, players in the same draft class or round, and Rose Bowl participants. For the hell of it, here are a few more:

Packers and Michigan (Charles Woodson)
c2pcharleswoodson-1.png

This one was rather ironic, as one design (worn as a throwback once) predated Woodson's joining the Pack by a few years, and the other postdated his last game at Michigan by almost 15 years...in simpler terms, he's never worn either design. That said, Denard Robinson won't be in the draft til next year, I thought that "bumblebee" uniform they wore against Michigan State last season was awesome, and I couldn't wait that long. It was either Woodson or Desmond Howard.

Auburn and Panthers (Cam Newton)
c2pcamnewton.png

This was part of a 2011 1st round Draftees series. The Auburn uniform...well, I couldn't keep it completely straight. Between the two, my own preference was for the Auburn-ized Panthers uni.

Bears and U of Miami (Devin Hester)
c2pdevhester.png

This was part of a Miami alums set, and I kept the existing helmet designs in that set, something I received a lot of flak for elsewhere. Granted, the Bears' helmet would look wrong with striping IMO...anyways, I may as well point out though it's a bit hard to see, the Bears-style Miami uniform replaces the GSH on the left sleeve with Miami's U. On the Bears jersey, the GSH is under the collar. And despite my usual inability to think of anything that could truly complement the normal Bears uniforms, I'm glad to at least imagine this working as a third worn once or twice a year.

Still on Jacksonville, I always found the uniform that they designed once they were announced as the new franchise to be very interesting. I wonder if this would have set off a wave of similar designs for teams (I could see it working Patriots, Bills, Panthers, Bengals, Vikings)

837088838_0ac4cd8adb_o.jpg

With that in mind I decided to use the Jaguars current logos and see how it went.

Jax1995.png

I think the Rams uniform from the 70s/80s was fantastic and would love to see them wear it all the time, but for the sake of something different I always wondered how the Rams would look if they used the StLouis Cardinals colours.

StLHome.png
StLAway.png
StLAlt.png

Back