Other Your NFL Uniform Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Rams uniform from the 70s/80s was fantastic and would love to see them wear it all the time, but for the sake of something different I always wondered how the Rams would look if they used the StLouis Cardinals colours.

StLHome.png
StLAway.png
StLAlt.png

Thanks broken ... They're not too bad !

I'm a cardinals fan as well and to me even though they share the same city their origins are far apart ... Cardinals belong in the grey/white red/white ... Not the Rams.

As an LA Rams fan I would love to see the yellow and blue ... or even the white and blue back ...

Having said that I don't mind our current uniform we've had for the past eleven seasons .. but would go back to the originals in a heartbeat.

Thanks Ram-Man. Yeah the NFL Cardinals have more in common with the MLB Cardinals than the NFL Rams - I was trying to find something iconic with St Louis to tie in with my design and the MLB Cards it was, although I knew I was never going to improve on it :)

Sticking with the Cardinals path, I always liked the Cardinals using the Arizona state flag on their away sleeves, so I've gone back to that style and incorporated the flag design in the home jersey too. As the Cardinals like using a black uniform I've done this too - unfortunately the result looks similar to Atlanta.

ArizonaHome.png
ArizonaAway.png
ArizonaBlack.png

Rounding out the NFC West I really like the 49ers uniform from the 80s, which they have reverted to and the only change I could make to them would be to use the 'SF' on their sleeves in a similar way to how the Bears have 'GSH' on their sleeves.

As for Seattle, a lot of designs are at the start of the thread, but I came up with a pant stripe that I think would have looked nice with their older uniforms.
NFLPants_Seattle.png

What's that background image you're using? Raiders vs Dolphins?

Bills-Raiders @ the Colliseum in 1991. It's Thurman Thomas carrying the ball...bit of a worry that the only thing that stands out is the background image :p

A cropped version of this photo
71395957_display_image.jpg

One of my favorite NFL photos is also from this game
006273939.jpg

Among the odd things I've found myself liking, there was a TV show called Black Gold, about Texan roughnecks (oil drillers), and them boys are guaranteed to be dirty as hell by lunch. As I was a bit of an Oilers fan back in their run & shoot heyday, I'd gotten the idea of an alt uniform that appeared to have been partially drenched in oil beforehand.
houoilersalt.png

No, the gradient's not exactly a true gradient. Real gradients are too troublesome IMO.

And from the late 90s up until their lockout, I watched arena football damn near religiously, regardless of whether Milwaukee or Chicago had any horses in the race. Though my favorite arena uniform still is the old Iowa Barnstormers set (can never go wrong with the goggles, pilot wings and propeller pants), two of my other favorites were actually among the more basic unis in the league: the Arizona Rattlers and San Jose Sabercats, both of whom took basic Northwestern striping and made it their own (copper/turquoise snakeskin and rising sun, respectively). Those inspired this Cardinals alt, which is copper in color, as copper mining is one of Arizona's most notable industries (that, and I was originally gonna make this yellow, but copper simply made more sense to me)
azcardsalt.png

And here goes a Bears uniform based on the city's flag.
chibearsalt1.png

Finally, a College to Pro duo: U of Tennessee based on the Broncos, but with checkerboard sides so the pants and jersey wouldn't have to be the same color all the time; and Broncos based on a Tennessee throwback jersey
c2ppeytonmanning2.png

Next on my list was the Bengals - I like their helmet, but have made a slight change to include a tiger head on it (my design skills aren't that great with the helmet, but the idea comes across) The design got lost a little bit with the orange helmet, so I tried it with a black helmet and came up with
BengalsHelmet.png
BengalsHelmet2.png

Going with the black helmet I've incorporated that in a new uniform. Using the three stripes from the helmet as a running theme on the sleeves and pants. The uniform goes back to the style they used in the 80s.
BengalsHome.png
BengalsAway.png

I thought I'd revisit this and round out the AFC North. I was trying to think of something to do with the Browns uniform - with the helmet I like how it is unique in the current NFL, at worst I'd add the word Browns, or the players number to the side of the helmet.
Trying to come up with something different for the Browns and I looked for a 3rd colour (grey, gold, black,...) I stuck with a lighter brown to outline the numbers, pants stripe, side panels and use as a neck collar. Sticking with the old template too, not the Nike design.
ClevHome.png

ClevAway.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broken or anyone else....

Who wants to try designing for me a Jaguars uniform and helmet that's akin to the Bengals.

Ie, Jaguar blotches on the helmet. And a uniform that's predominantly dark gold with teal and black trimmings.

Just trying to picture it in my mind and think it could look good.

How about dark teal with gold and black trimmings?

Broken or anyone else....

Who wants to try designing for me a Jaguars uniform and helmet that's akin to the Bengals.

Ie, Jaguar blotches on the helmet. And a uniform that's predominantly dark gold with teal and black trimmings.

Just trying to picture it in my mind and think it could look good.
I'll try and whip one up for you when I get some time (probably next week sometime)

Managed to get time to take a shot at it.

Jax_Gold_zpsbb8eaf5e.png

Helmet/sleeves were a bit of a rush job and are probably too 'busy' to be practical.
Forget the sleeves, that concept is not a good idea, but the helmet could work with some modification.

I don't think the patch helmet works with a gold jersey either. Just makes the team look like a bunch of 2 bob hookers.

Forget the sleeves, that concept is not a good idea, but the helmet could work with some modification.

I don't think the patch helmet works with a gold jersey either. Just makes the team look like a bunch of 2 bob hookers.
The original sleeves looked plain, so I tried playing around with the 80s Bengal stripe design on the sleeve, but felt it looked better across the whole shoulder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back