Your opinion on best of all time.

Remove this Banner Ad

A - Eddie Guerrero - He told stories like no other. Got over massive with the 'Lie, Cheat, Steal' stuff and was always coming up with new spots. Sami Zayn is the best right now imo.

B - The Rock - The stuff he said was usually s**t (Fruity Pebbles, Boots to Asses, Hows ya Lips?) but damn did he make it work.

C - John Cena - People can hate all they want but Cena has been on top longer than HHH, Michaels, Bret, Austin and Rock ever were. He has been a consistant main eventer for more than a decade and was a highlight in the mid card for a few years before that.

Sure he only uses 5 moves but thats 3 more than Hogan ever did.

He got good to great matches out of guys like Khali, Kozlov and a very green Sheamus. He also had amazing matches with Shawn Michaels, HHH, Punk and his LMS match with Umaga is one of the most under rated of the last decade.

Recently he has had great matches with Lesnar, Orton, Bryan and Seth Rollins and I cant see him slowing down for anything other than a serious injury.

He's not in my top 10 favorite guys to watch but, outside of maybe Ric Flair or The Undertaker, I cant see anyone else that deserves the title of best ever.

Last edited:
A - Eddie Guerrero - He told stories like no other. Got over massive with the 'Lie, Cheat, Steal' stuff and was always coming up with new spots. Sami Zayn is the best right now imo.

B - The Rock - The stuff he said was usually s**t (Fruity Pebbles, Boots to Asses, Hows ya Lips?) but damn did he make it work.

C - John Cena - People can hate all they want but Cena has been on top longer than HHH, Michaels, Bret, Austin and Rock ever were. He has been a consistant main eventer for more than a decade and was a highlight in the mid card for a few years before that.

Sure he only uses 5 moves but thats 3 more than Hogan ever did.

He got good to great matches out of guys like Khali, Kozlov and a very green Sheamus. He also had amazing matches with Shaun Michaels, HHH, Punk and his LMS match with Umaga is one of the most under rated of the last decade.

Recently he has had great matches with Lesnar, Orton, Bryan and Seth Rollins and I cant see him slowing down for anything other than a serious injury.

He's not in my top 10 favorite guys to watch but, outside of maybe Ric Flair or The Undertaker, I cant see anyone else that deserves the title of best ever.
Surprised there is no mention of Cena's feud with Edge and Lita. One of the highlights for mine.

He had long feuds with Batista and Orton too but I cant really remember any single match as a standout.

His match with Lashley was awesome. 2 guys just throwing bombs at each other until a damn AA of the turnbuckle!

The highlight of his Edge rivalry was the Money in the Bank cash in but thats more of an Edge thing. Although Cena's aura went a long way to making it so incredible.

Angle
Rocky, he just had it all. Really hard to go past him.
Overall is really tough but for me it has to be Mick Foley. Everything he did was just amazing, from his 99 rumble I quit match to his cell fight with Trips @ No Way out, all of them were the reason why I use to enjoy wrestling, oh and I loved his books.

A: John Cena is the greatest in the ring. No one else has won as many world titles as Cena, except Flair, and Cena will overtake him anyway. People saying Kurt Angle was the best in the ring. If Angle was the best, why did he win 9 world titles less than Cena? So stupid

A: John Cena is the greatest in the ring. No one else has won as many world titles as Cena, except Flair, and Cena will overtake him anyway. People saying Kurt Angle was the best in the ring. If Angle was the best, why did he win 9 world titles less than Cena? So stupid
This isn't funny or creative. 2/10.

This isn't funny or creative. 2/10.
Oh well, I tried.
35c3746ad9d63ad56d2c1cc979f651c6.png

A) IN RING:

Wrestler - Kurt Angle
Story Teller - Ric Flair

B) MIC

Ric Flair
Randy Savage
Rock
Austin
Jesse Ventura

C) Overall Package

Hulk Hogan - Wrestling is about drawing money for the promoter and the roster. Hogan is KING
Stone Cold - Made people buy in to the product like no other
Ric Flair - His record tells you he did it all many times over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A) IN RING:

Wrestler - Kurt Angle
Story Teller - Ric Flair

B) MIC

Ric Flair
Randy Savage
Rock
Austin
Jesse Ventura

C) Overall Package

Hulk Hogan - Wrestling is about drawing money for the promoter and the roster. Hogan is KING
Stone Cold - Made people buy in to the product like no other
Ric Flair - His record tells you he did it all many times over
Hogan WAS King *

A: Purely In-Ring

Hard to look past Shawn Michaels here. Yeah he wasn't as technical as Angle or Benoit, but he has undoubtedly had the most 'best' matches in WWE history. Continually stole the show on many occasions and put his body on the line.

B: On the mic/Backstage Promos

Most people will lean towards Austin here but for me The Rock is the best entertainer the WWE has ever had, and ever will have.

C: Overall

Austin is the complete package. In-ring ability, mic ability, draw power and charisma. Although I'm going to go someone whom I believe is the greatest ever, The Undertaker. For the size of the guy, he can do some amazing things. His longevity with the company is to be admired and he is the best WrestleMania wrestler.

Good to see Hogan finally getting some love in this thread. Say whoever you want for the first two categories, you can make the argument that any of the greats are the best in ring or on the mic, it's all pretty subjective. But it's very difficult to mount an argument that there is a greater overall wrestler than Hulk Hogan. Hogan virtually single handedly made wrestling mainstream the way it is today. Hogan could be considered the greatest of all time for his period in the 80's alone, but when you consider that he was the catalyst that kick started probably the greatest period of pro wrestling history and brought the business into the mainstream again in a totally new way, then he wins by a complete landslide.

perhaps the op intended it in a different way (although judging by his own answer i assume not) but i consider the overall category itt to basically be a combination of the first two.

personally i couldnt give a * how much money someone made. when compiling a list as i think the op intented i do so based upon my own opinions of wrestlers, not by how many ivory back scratchers vince was able to buy as a result of them.

if the thread or question were entitled "greatest draw ever" or "biggest star ever" then hogan may win in a landslide, but as this thread stands i see no reason why such things need to factor in let alone be the sole determinant.

Last edited:
Good to see Hogan finally getting some love in this thread. Say whoever you want for the first two categories, you can make the argument that any of the greats are the best in ring or on the mic, it's all pretty subjective. But it's very difficult to mount an argument that there is a greater overall wrestler than Hulk Hogan. Hogan virtually single handedly made wrestling mainstream the way it is today. Hogan could be considered the greatest of all time for his period in the 80's alone, but when you consider that he was the catalyst that kick started probably the greatest period of pro wrestling history and brought the business into the mainstream again in a totally new way, then he wins by a complete landslide.
It depends on what your definition of "greatest" is.

For drawing power, Hogan would be one of the best. For technical ability? Dude's not even close to the top. On the mic? He's good, but not near the top for mine. For ability to put on great matches? He's not bad but there are a lot of people who outshine him.

See the thing is "draw power" wasn't really my main argument. Hogans influence on the industry is bigger than any other wrestlers ever. I agree that it depends on what the OP means by Cat 3. Basically my point is that saying Hogan is the greatest of all time is very similar to saying the Beatles are the greatest of all time. While you may have objective preferences on their songs etc. their is no denying they are the most influential group in rock n roll history as there was no one like them before, therefore they are the generic go to band as the 'greatest'. Similarly, there was no one like Hogan before Hulk Hogan. And there really was no Attitude Era before Hollywood Hogan. For me that makes him the greatest.

Also as a side note, I believe in-ring is different to 'technical ability.' You can have heaps of technical ability and have zero in-ring ability. Hogan has put on some of the most memorable moments and matches as both face and heel with little technical ability but heaps of in ring ability.

Been waiting for someone to say HHH. I understand the dislike for him because of politics but the bloke simply has it all. Can speak, has put on high quality matches with everyone and I've always thought his look was great. He LOOKS like a wrestler. Love him.

Have to politely disagree there. I think his promos have always been horrible. Good cure for insomnia though. He has been in plenty of good matches, but it's no coincidence his best ones were against Angle, Michaels, Austin and Rock - better workers who could carry him.

A. Kurt Angle
B. Ric Flair
C. Ric Flair

Honourable mentions in 'A' to Shawn Michaels, Flair, Chris Benoit and Jushin Liger.
Honourable mentions in 'B' to The Rock, Steve Austin, Jake Roberts and Jim Cornette.
Honourable mentions in 'C' to Shawn Michaels, Lou Thesz, Kurt Angle and Steve Austin.

I'd be interested for you guys to forecast what you think your answers will be in 10 years time. Lets say guys who have debuted in the last 10 or there abouts.

Guys that are all in the picture at the moment, guys like... Rusev, Rollins, Ziggler, Ambrose, Wyatts (x3), Bryan, Reigns, Zayn, Breeze. Just to name a few.

I'd love the see the 1. 2. 3. again using those guys. Clearly guys like benoit, eddie, hbk, taker are GOATs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back