Your own movie/tv show ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

A movie about a long distance couple who have never met, one lives in New York/Chicago or Boston, the other one is American but is on exchange in Europe (maybe Paris/Berlin) for 6 months. They meet on OKCUPID/Any dating website really and form a relationship. The catch is, the girl has been lying and is actually in the same city. They have Skype sessions regularly, and the guy gets suss when he hears something in the background (a Police Siren/Fire Truck siren) unbeknown to his partner, he records all the Skype sessions, he does some research and discovers that the siren sounds exactly the same as the one in his city, and compares to the one the European city that the girl says she is living in. Rest of the movie is spent him tracking her down.
Love story or homicide?

Is Hannibal Lector involved?

I would like to see HBO do a series called 'Willy'. A series on how Willy Wonka got into the chocolate business, how he built his factory, how he got the oompa loompas and his problems with rival chocolate makers.

I wrote a script about a bunch of nerds who build a kick a$$ treehouse using every bit of technology you can imagine. Bullys come in take over and the nerds need to fight back. Titled The Treehouse. It's in pre-production atm set to film in UTAH. They're raising 9 million atm but are about 2mill short if anyone can help out haha

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3325791/?ref_=rvi_nm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3760342/?ref_=nm_dev_1

I also wrote this short film a few years ago that did well on the film fest circuit winning 1 Best Short.

You may notice something interesting about my credits in both but that's a rant for another day.

That's some funny stuff, poor bloke. All I noticed about the credits on this one is Matt Damon mentioned - rock & rolling with the big boys are we?;)

That's some funny stuff, poor bloke. All I noticed about the credits on this one is Matt Damon mentioned - rock & rolling with the big boys are we?;)
Not even close to rolling with the little boys. I'll keep plugging away though.

The credits I was referring to was: Story by.

I signed a contract as 'writer' and by the final cut was given 'story by'.

For the The Treehouse, it's all my idea. I wrote a skeleton draft and then brought in another writer from the US who had connections because let's face it, getting a feature made in Australia by a nobody is a 1,000,000 to 1 chance. Said writer shops it around and gets interest. One Writer producer personally put in $750k USD and part of the deal is he gets producer and writing credits. Kind of ok with this as anything to get it made. Then the Director of the Sandlot Kids (remember from the 90's?) signs on but he also wants writer credit and having him on board brought in 4 million more from investors so I get that's ok. Then I get an email stating that SAG rules (or some rules??) are that only 3 writers are allowed screenplay credit and I've been pushed to 'story by'. Pretty hard to argue from Australia and they'll pull out if I make a scene. I'm also hoping that having a 'story by' credit in a movie that goes into the cinemas will help in future scripts and contacts with producers etc.

Doesn't matter anyway because we're 2.1 million short and have been for months.

Thx for watching though.

Not even close to rolling with the little boys. I'll keep plugging away though.

The credits I was referring to was: Story by.

I signed a contract as 'writer' and by the final cut was given 'story by'.

For the The Treehouse, it's all my idea. I wrote a skeleton draft and then brought in another writer from the US who had connections because let's face it, getting a feature made in Australia by a nobody is a 1,000,000 to 1 chance. Said writer shops it around and gets interest. One Writer producer personally put in $750k USD and part of the deal is he gets producer and writing credits. Kind of ok with this as anything to get it made. Then the Director of the Sandlot Kids (remember from the 90's?) signs on but he also wants writer credit and having him on board brought in 4 million more from investors so I get that's ok. Then I get an email stating that SAG rules (or some rules??) are that only 3 writers are allowed screenplay credit and I've been pushed to 'story by'. Pretty hard to argue from Australia and they'll pull out if I make a scene. I'm also hoping that having a 'story by' credit in a movie that goes into the cinemas will help in future scripts and contacts with producers etc.

Doesn't matter anyway because we're 2.1 million short and have been for months.

Thx for watching though.
That's ridiculous. Even though you had written the bulk of the story too!

That's ridiculous. Even though you had written the bulk of the story too!
What do I do though? Bitch and moan and they all withdraw leaving me with a script and zero connections plus the odd scene that isn't mine? Really deflating and very hard to be excited about this project. Over 2mill short so probs never going to see the light of day anyway.

Learning curve and move on.

Currently in talks with Penguin publishing about an AFL book I'vemapped out with 2 North Melbourne Kangas attached. Another of the many productions I have in 'pre-production' maybe before I'm an old man one of them will actually get made.

What do I do though? Bitch and moan and they all withdraw leaving me with a script and zero connections plus the odd scene that isn't mine? Really deflating and very hard to be excited about this project. Over 2mill short so probs never going to see the light of day anyway.

Learning curve and move on.

Currently in talks with Penguin publishing about an AFL book I'vemapped out with 2 North Melbourne Kangas attached. Another of the many productions I have in 'pre-production' maybe before I'm an old man one of them will actually get made.
Yeah I know. I mean if more connections come about as a result then it was probably a worthwhile decision but that's just such a stupid rule. You never see that happen with songs. Everyone who has been involved in the creation of the song through instruments/lyrics or vocals gets a writing credit.

A screenwriter, working on a new zombie script that will 'change the genre forever', is murdered. Found with his head torn open and brain missing.

His sister, along with her cop husband, investigate as the crime is seemingly ignored by local authorities. Their only clue? A post office receipt that shows a copy of the screenplay had been sent to a selection of famous zombie writers in Hollywood for feedback. Think Romero, Rodriguez, even Pegg for the lolz.

Big conspiracy - they are all zombies, laying dormant, producing propaganda films to prepare the world for takeover. By destroying the brain, you only make them stronger. Turns out he had inadvertently produced a script which contained the actual way to kill zombies. Something ridiculous, like destroying the big toe. He had to be taken care of.

Hilarity and world-saving ensues, but the conspiracy goes all the way to the top.

Some of my ideas: "Culture Shock': An Australian family moves to the US when the Dad gets a promotion. The daughter is so excited about moving to Manhattan, little does she know it's Manhattan, Kansas.
'The Gold Standard': Aurelio Gold sets very high standards for himself and his work, but when the financial crisis hits, it hits him the hardest. When Gold gets retrenched from his high paying job his standards need to be lowered. He finally gets a job at Silvers embarrassingly hawking products he once thought were beneath him.
'Yankeetown': An American family move to a foreign country to make a better future for the children and an enclave of American families start to form a community within this city. Dealing with local authorities prove to be difficult at times but life in this new environment is just as rewarding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about a show about TV shows that flopped?

To give some idea about how it might work, there would be two hosts - one male and one female - to introduce the program and an episode of the flop show in question would be shown. This would be followed by interviews with some of the cast members, and an analysis of why the show failed.

Given it is human nature for people to be drawn to negative things rather than positive things, such an idea has merit and could rate well. There is no shortage of flopped TV shows across all genres in Australia, and some overseas shows could also be featured too.

'Yankeetown': An American family move to a foreign country to make a better future for the children and an enclave of American families start to form a community within this city. Dealing with local authorities prove to be difficult at times but life in this new environment is just as rewarding.
Not a bad idea; my show I'm working on will probably revolve around displacement. It's a great way to 'other' normal places (Australia, America) and to criticise them without it being too obvious or judgey. You can make people step back from their environment too and I think having a sole person move to another country makes you root for them, and that's interesting if you make them an a-hole.

The show Lillyhammer had so much potential but it turned into a goofy, soft, stupid show. I loved the idea. Such a shame it wasn't gritty, sad, and a depiction of how a man with anger could resolve his own issues and change. There was so much scope too.

GRAVES - Pilot has been written
Jack Graves Jr (father), Kate Graves (mother), David Graves (son) Alex Graves (son), Victoria Graves (daughter), Isabella (Alex's girlfriend), Azad Ahmed (Victoria's boyfriend), Amy Forsett (Jack's shrink)

The show starts with a flash forward to someone committing suicide in the family home. The show then goes back into current time and we see things that happen that lead up towards the suicide.

DAVID realizes that he is a failure in his parent’s eyes, so struggles to live his own life while trying to live up to the expectations of his parents.
ALEX is allowed to coast through life, while all he is looking for is the praise of his parents and to see him and the self made man he is.
Also, VICTORIA starts having to lie about things to avoid her already suspicious parents; though things unravel in strange ways.
JACK JR deals with being the weaker parent in the family. He sees a psychologist to help with the issue behind KATE’s back.
KATE tries to hold things together as she notices that family falling apart. She makes sure that the family a picture perfect to the outside.
They will all get tested through the season from outside and within.
It all becomes too much for one person who decides to commit suicide.

Rich (BB code):
1.  INT. GRAVES' FRONT HALL (FLASH FORWARD) - MIDNIGHT

Middle of the night. The CAMERA pans around the lounge room
    and dining room, before settling on the front hall. No
    lights except the street lights coming through the curtains.
    The shadow of a man is seen, having hung himself from the
    stair railing.

OBJECT - 6 pages in
James Carr (male protagonist), Michelle (James' shrink), Kate Carr (James' mother), unnamed love interest

JAMES has just started seeing a psychologist, MICHELLE, to help him overcome his depression and anxiety. Through the weekly appointments, we recount his week as he meets new people and deals with new situation that are alien to him.
But, is this all too much for someone that struggles to understand the how the world works?

Rich (BB code):
                              JAMES (V.O.)                                
                   What am I doing here? I didn’t                        
                   choose to come here, it was my                        
                   mother’s idea to do this. -- She                      
                   thinks I need help, and I do agree.                  
                   But why has it taken until now for                    
                   her to realise that there was a                      
                   problem. -- Aren’t mothers meant to                  
                   have a sixth sense with their                        
                   children, be able to know when they                  
                   are hurting and what they want                        
                   without having to ask?

SURVIVAL - web-series - pilot has been written
Melissa (female protagonist), Michael (male protagonist), Madison (Mel's friend), Dean (Mike's friend)

Melissa has just broken up with her boyfriend, and Michael is separated from his wife. They constantly keep bumping into each other, but don't realize. This would ensue for most of the season. My plan is to finally get them to meet at a coffee shop where she would be working, while he comes in a customer. And have their first words as the cliff hanger.

LEVEL 2 - just started on this
A new year has started, and kids are now moving into their dorms. This possible web-series will go through what they all get up on a weekly basis, uni life, love, etc. The main focus be on two rooms in this dorm. A boys room, and a girls room, and will work on their interacts. Think Friends / Undeclared.

How about a show about TV shows that flopped?

To give some idea about how it might work, there would be two hosts - one male and one female - to introduce the program and an episode of the flop show in question would be shown. This would be followed by interviews with some of the cast members, and an analysis of why the show failed.

Given it is human nature for people to be drawn to negative things rather than positive things, such an idea has merit and could rate well. There is no shortage of flopped TV shows across all genres in Australia, and some overseas shows could also be featured too.
Are you calling it "Yasmin's Getting Canned"

Club Land

About a guy who gets drafted number 1 in the AFL preseason draft in a fictional AFL club (you could make it Fitzroy) and all the drama's, up's and down's he goes through to make it in the sport. Base it on real life experiences to build a fictional story. The show could highlight inner club relationships and rivalries, family expectations, scandals, drugs, female problems, media criticisms, and public reactions to a player. Do it The Club style with snippets of mock football games, use current and former players in small roles etc. I think it'd be a ripper.

Don't know, I just want to see gladiators, Spartans, Apaches, ninjas, pirates, knights, samurais, vikings, ancient Egyptians, Chinese dynasty warriors etc in space. Same aesthetic inspiration, but high tech weapons and vehicles, and humans have spread out across the milky way galaxy, and for some reason a huge war breaks out between various factions.

'Jacko'....the Mark Jackson story.

'Capper'...the warwick Capper story.

'Warnie'...th

'
I was actually expecting white text. :(

Shot Down:

Every cast member from The Voice and a bunch of other reality shows gets shot in the head from point blank. Society is declared the winner.
Can 7 Year Switch go first?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back