your prediction on who is gonna improve most this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Predicting McIntosh to go up a peg this season. And i think the experience Lambert got last year will lead to a big improvement as well.

Who needs to improve:
Ty needs to make this season his bitch.
Cotchin needs to regain his consistent 2012 form
Sink or swim for Griffiths this year.
C Ellis to have some breakout performances

Based on output at previous clubs, feels like we're on a winner with Townsend and Moore. They'll at the least greatly improve our depth, but expecting big improvement/development from them at Richmond. Expecting Moore to slot in round 1 possibly.

I think Andrew Moore is the one who will step right in as the big bodied midfielder we need. He's got a few years on Townsend and is on his last chance. I think he'll be one who surprises... maybe its just hope.
Conca if he can stay injury free should have a breakout year, he was great when he came back against the Hawks last year, he looks even fitter now, fingers crossed on him.
I think Griffiths' flexibility will have him as a very handy player next year now the sub is gone, he's about to hit his prime years too.
Vickery I hope continues his form, but given its a new contract year perhaps nothing too amazing as then we'll have a lot of big offers to compete against.

I think Andrew Moore is the one who will step right in as the big bodied midfielder we need. He's got a few years on Townsend and is on his last chance. I think he'll be one who surprises... maybe its just hope.
Conca if he can stay injury free should have a breakout year, he was great when he came back against the Hawks last year, he looks even fitter now, fingers crossed on him.
I think Griffiths' flexibility will have him as a very handy player next year now the sub is gone, he's about to hit his prime years too.
Vickery I hope continues his form, but given its a new contract year perhaps nothing too amazing as then we'll have a lot of big offers to compete against.

You know, this might be a controversial opinion that I'm about to spout, but I won't be completely devastated if Vickery has a big year but then moves away from the RFC after 2016, mainly because if that were to happen, we'd get the best possible value for him, plus we'd be freed up to give McBean much more opportunity, and with regards to McBean, I believe that his type, the "ultra tall with small-like reflexes" is the future of the game.

To me, our best future lies in the hands of the following set-up:

HF: Deledio, Griffiths/McKenzie, Martin/Edwards
FF: McBean, Riewoldt, Lennon

Once he fills out and matures, I feel that McBean will be like a taller and more nimble version of Jack Gunston. He's the guy that is hard to find a match-up for in defence given his size and agility, and he's the guy that can take a pack mark, but also do some crumbing at the feet of a Griffiths or McKenzie type too.

The only place I see Vickery slotting in moving forward is as a "80% ruck / 20% forward" type of role.

Would love to see Cotchin bounce back to dominance this year with the help of his bodyguards Townsend and Moore.
An injury free Corey Ellis will show his true form, along with Lennon.
Markov is the most exciting draftee for mine, I think he will appear at AFL long before the others. He's tall and while he needs to add about 10kgs he is crafty enough to pinch a spot early.

I also cannot wait to see Rioli eventually, but he's still just a baby and 65kgs at 179 I feel we won't see him until start of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, this might be a controversial opinion that I'm about to spout, but I won't be completely devastated if Vickery has a big year but then moves away from the RFC after 2016, mainly because if that were to happen, we'd get the best possible value for him, plus we'd be freed up to give McBean much more opportunity, and with regards to McBean, I believe that his type, the "ultra tall with small-like reflexes" is the future of the game.

To me, our best future lies in the hands of the following set-up:

HF: Deledio, Griffiths/McKenzie, Martin/Edwards
FF: McBean, Riewoldt, Lennon

Once he fills out and matures, I feel that McBean will be like a taller and more nimble version of Jack Gunston. He's the guy that is hard to find a match-up for in defence given his size and agility, and he's the guy that can take a pack mark, but also do some crumbing at the feet of a Griffiths or McKenzie type too.

The only place I see Vickery slotting in moving forward is as a "80% ruck / 20% forward" type of role.
Wow!!!

We have so so much improvment left in our players that im really excited about the future. Once upon a time if we had an injury to one of our top 4-5 players it was game over for the season.

I really cant see 1 player that i can say that if he had a season ending injury we cant replace now , Even Delidio

We have so so much improvment left in our players that im really excited about the future. Once upon a time if we had an injury to one of our top 4-5 players it was game over for the season.

I really cant see 1 player that i can say that if he had a season ending injury we cant replace now , Even Delidio

What on earth kind of witchcraft is this?

I went KMac last year and he didn't let me down playing all games in 2015

I expect KMac to take it up a notch again in 2016
Yarran will be unstoppable - close to B&F
Short & Castagna will seize the opportunity to be elevated on to the senior list and both be revelations in 2015

Go tigers

Would love to see Vlastuin played in the inside midfielder role , Nick just do what Joel does mate

I think there will be 4 -6 games where he won't be as crucial down back and we can throw him into the middle for sure. Essendon x 2, St.Kilda, Carlton, Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back