your prediction on who is gonna improve most this season

Remove this Banner Ad

With regards to the OP this year that is a harder question to answer than I can ever recall. You could almost go through two thirds of the list as candidates, which is simply incredible.

The senior candidates (not including draftees - I will analyse them at the end)
1. Vlastuin - has been a revelation for us but this year could see him break into the elite category, possibly as an inside mid.
2. Grimes - was great for us last year but with a pre-season under his belt (he has not managed too many without injury iirc) he could breakout.
4. Martin - Has been so good, but could really breakout this year. It is scary to think how good he could be if it all clicks.
5. B. Ellis - One of the best young players in the comp but coming into his prime the club would be hoping he will go another level.
7. Lennon - This kid is serious excitement. Think back to the Essendon game late last year when he was clunking marks in the wet.
9. Cotchin - Yes, Cotch could be our most improved. I hope its him. The thought is scary good.
10. Edwards - Look for him to go another level too. If he hits the scoreboard more and a few more touches a game then look out.
12. Astbury - If he gets back to his early 2014 form then it would be hard to overlook him as most improved. Was leading our b&f before injury.
13. Yarran - Not hard for him to improve on last year which was putrid. If he reaches his potential = recruit of the year.
15. A. Moore - Could be the hard bodied midfielder we need. A former pick 9 so has the credentials.
16. Hampson - If only. Imagine if he played like he looks. If he plays well in the NAB I'd almost back him to be number 1 if I were Dimma.
21. Townsend - Has shown he has the talent. Over his injuries of last year would double our tackle count single handedly.
23. Lambert - Tasted it last year, could cement a spot and go another level in 2016.
24. Griffiths - Will it finally come together for this bloke? Has all the attributes to dominate. If he does then hooray for us!
27. Lloyd - Two years of AFL could make him ready to break out this year. Kicks bags. Does he find his defensive side and be most improved?
29. Vickery - Could he be our focal point with Jack spending more time up the ground. I say yes. Over to you Mr. Vickery. Smokey for the Coleman?
30. Conca - The former No. 6 pick has trimmed down and is having a great pre-season so far. Can he stay injury free and harness his aggro?
32. C. Ellis - Silk. This guy is special. The last guy I said that about was our current captain. I'm hoping for 22+ finals from him.
33. MacIntosh - If he goes another gear then watch out. Big tall fast wingman. Get on him.
34. McBean - Could he be Gunston Mk II? We have waited and he has finally put on some weight. Can crumb them and can mark them.
37. Menadue - Speed personified. Has everything except another 5-10kg of muscle. Running off half back could he slot in?
39. Drummond - An outside chance coming back from an horrific knee injury but has the tools.
40. Butler - Having a great pre-season so not without a chance.
43. Elton - The third tall spot could be his if he is finally ready to take it.

Rookies
44. Marcon - Another Williamstown rookie, could he follow in his (I hear a rumour) best mate's footsteps?
45. Short - Standout pre-season so far. Looked good in the VFL last year. Desperate for a crumbing forward but by reports is training with the mids.
46. Castagna - Also standout in the VFL last year and could be another skilful running defender that we need.

Our draftees
Markov, Broad, Rioli - could make a case for any of these also. Markov is training well, Rioli could be the small forward we so desperately need and Broad is a mature age tall defender who can play small (another possible option to replace Chappy or Batchelor).

So all up thats 30 players who all could arguably be our most improved in 2016. So in answer to the question. I have no idea :p
Well you've covered all bases there so there's no way you can be wrong.o_O

_Wang_ i think he is gonna improve this year. His posting is third rate at the moment (somewhere in-between illiterate and an Essendon Supporters comprehension of what WADA actually does), but, he has potential.
I want to get better I really do!!!

S grade? Jeez, you don't have very high expectations of him do you ;)

S for Superstar.

Alternately I mistyped and I meant A grade. Either way I laughed at myself. Always a worthy thing to do.

Thanks Infamy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's lacked spark this pre-season, others have definitely overtaken him.

Not sure he wants it bad enough tbh... :eek:

Rookie at best. He had his chance when the bombers went down in our wada thread, but, where was the "it's happening" gif? Just lazy posting.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

This is a plain case of internet bullying.. ^^ Posts reported

Morro agrees. He wants you up and about as well. Come on sausage fingers, give me SOMETHING.

I agree with a previous post that Cotchin could be our most improved. He had a shocker last year, but with some added grunt to help him out I think we may see a spike in his performances.

In terms of the younger brigade I really want (hope) Griffiths puts it all together this year.

Rookie at best. He had his chance when the bombers went down in our wada thread, but, where was the "it's happening" gif? Just lazy posting.

giphy.gif

Oh I see how it is... living off your name and reputation in your last days, even when you're clearly past it!

Might as well start calling you Paul Chapman! :eek::D
*chortle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back