Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
A bit early but my changes at this stage would be

IN: Bryan, Egan
OUT: Richards, R.Shaw

Personally I think we need to give Richards more time and tell him to prove himself but I don't think we can afford too many brain freezes on Subiaco. It may be risky to drop someone of R.Shaw's pace and carrying ability but he really needs to get some solid mistake free games under his belt. Egan gives us a bit of spark we certainly lacked against the Kangaroos.

B: O'Brien, Presti, Maxwell
HB: Clement, Wakelin, Lonie
C: Thomas, O'Bree, Lockyer
HF: Egan, Cloke, Fraser
F: Burns, Rocca, Medhurst
R: Bryan, Pendlebury, H.Shaw
Int: Johnson, Licuria, Swan, Davis

Personally I think we need to give Richards more time and tell him to prove himself but I don't think we can afford too many brain freezes on Subiaco. It may be risky to drop someone of R.Shaw's pace and carrying ability but he really needs to get some solid mistake free games under his belt. Egan gives us a bit of spark we certainly lacked against the Kangaroos.

No offence man but if you play Bryan on Cox you will get killed. Fraser has to ruck.

Chris Egan is injured I think broke his hand.

I'd go with one change Nicholls in for Wakelin given West Coast's lack of target forwards.

No offence man but if you play Bryan on Cox you will get killed. Fraser has to ruck.

Probably true but I don't really think Bryan will be rucking most of the time, despite naming him in the ruck before Fraser :confused: . At least Bryan can be ok up forward and is ok at filling the whole down back as a ruckman compared to Richards. If it was against lower opposition I would play Guy but we can't afford to risk it.

Well I have no idea why people want R shaw dropped. He played a pretty good game & was in our best in al the newspaper match reports.

He will play & tag Judd this week, no doubt about that.

Bryan in/Richards out
If egan is fit, then Egan in & Licuria out.

Although didnt Egan break his thumb?? I would of thought 6 week injury

Still remember that game. Its the biggest beating Cox has ever got that i can remember versus Fraser that game. For us Cox and Embley are certainties to start. Hansen and Fletch are 50/50.

Iles should be in before Nichols. Rhyce Shaw was one off our better players. We might have won but it was nothing to write home about.

Fraser will most probably do most of our rucking, Bryan would be in to cut him some slack and let him get some rest before we throw him back in there for one last bitch effort.

Egan has a broken thumb and his heart is not even one tenth of the size of Darren Millane. He will be out for at least 5 weeks.

OUT: Richards, Licuria (too slow for Subi), O'Bree (hopefully he is out injured)

IN: Bryan, Nicolls (someone with pace), Reid (give him a go!)

I've heard Egan will be available for this week. However he shouldn't come straight in.

Bryan for Richards will do. I think we need to take a bash and crash ruckman to combat Cox when Fraser is resting. Make Cox earn everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unchanged. If O'Bree is out injured, Nicholls will come in.

B: Clement, Prestigiacomo, Maxwell
HB: H Shaw, Wakelin, O'Brien
C: Lonie, Pendlebury, Lockyer
HF: Davis, Rocca, Fraser
F: Burns, Cloke, Medhurst
Foll: Richards, O'Bree, R Shaw
Int: Johnson, Licuria, Swan, Thomas

Richards has to reach the point where it hurts. Needs to play the game of his life.

B:Maxwell Presti Toovey
HB:H.Shaw Clement O'Brien
C:R.Shaw Swan Johnson
HF:Fraser Cloke Thomas
F:Medhurst Rocca Lockyer
R:Bryan Licuria Pendlebury
INT:O'bree Davis Burns Wakelin

In:Bryan, Toovey
Out:Lonie(Had no impact what so ever and defensive pressure is awful at best) Richards(Speaks for himself)

Rhyce owns Judd. You can't drop him.

And Lonie on Embley; though Johnson has also stood Judd in a match (and may be better tagging him again than being tagged as yesterday).

Swan and Fraser seem very short of a gallop. On the big Subi we need runners, not another big lump in Bryan sitting in the square or up front like a stunned mullet (Trav and Pebs are only just warming up right now as their guys run off them; don't need another stationary mullet onball or upfront).

Richards did actually make Meds' first goal with a deft pass. There may have been another (a weak defence, your honour).

If OB's shoulder is okay, and we still have no Bucks, Dids, Holland, Egan & Rusling, then the only change seems to get more run in the middle for the bigger, faster ground.

Answer = release Lockyer (linkman in 4th quarter was at his best), HShaw, Johnson, Clement all going more onball. So back pocket replacement becomes the key. Clarke? Cook? Nicholls? Iles (think not).

Think we have stuff all chance to win next week, so blood some youth:

In: Reid, Nicholls(?)
Out: Wakelin (not on form but on youth policy), O'Bree (if injured)

Take Richards out, but dont replace him with a tall at all. Let Fraser go with Cox for all but time-on, and then pinch-hit anybody in the ruck. Wakelin?

Bring Egan in, if available, otherwise this Nicholls chap you guys have mentioned (must say I have limited knowledge of the guys outside the 22!)

First can someone make a team for which they think West Coast will go?

No point having all of Presti Wakes Maxwell and Obrien in the team if they aren't gonig to play 4 talls up forward.

Embley and Cox to come in

Really, isn't it a pointless exercise. We will get smashed no matter who they bring in or drop. Even if we play the way we did in the last 20 mins, WC soak up pressure like lolly water. We are playing terrible and we will not start to improve until 1/2 way through the year. When was the last time we played 4 quarters? (Geelong last year if I recall)

Put **** in. Meddles roving the back and **** the front of the packs.

Mind you you have to get the pill down to the forward line by making sure it doesn't go over the boundary line on the full first.

Yeah I know what you mean but you need to get postives out of a loss and I don't want to be sitting in my loungeroom drinking my Jimmies watching duds run around in circles.

We are a chance, if you say we are no chance go barrack for Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back