HF: Lockyer - Cloke - Thomas
F: Davis - Rocca - Maxwell
FL: Fraser - Swan - Licuria

IN: Medhurst - O'Brien - Burns - Richards

richards to willi...

bring bryan in

why is maxwell in forward line?

r shaw on field before burns?

guy richards has been at the club for 48 years and is not a footballers ********

Due to the Buckley and Rusling injuries, we need a third tall option in the forward; this is where Maxwell comes in (playing this role before). Our backline seems to be covered, with Wakelin and O'Brien playing well, allowing us to use Maxwell.

On Richards, im crossing my fingers (hoping for the best).
Bryan will have to earn his spot via Williamstown.

Rhyce Shaw has to get game time under him; and I think he will find the good form he had before his knee injury. Scott Burns from now on is a bench player and nothing more.

Due to the Buckley and Rusling injuries, we need a third tall option in the forward; this is where Maxwell comes in (playing this role before). Our backline seems to be covered, with Wakelin and O'Brien playing well, allowing us to use Maxwell.

On Richards, im crossing by fingers (hoping for the best).
Bryan will have to earn his spot via Williamstown.

Rhyce Shaw has to get game time under him; and I think he will find the good form he had before his knee injury. Scott Burns from now on is a bench player and nothing more.

are you calling rusling a forward?..lol

obviosly the coaching staff dont think we need 3 talls if they traded taz!!!!

Maxwell is a defender..and thats all!

Our forward line is our weakness...i cannot see us kicking high scores. rocca and Travis need to learn to be consistant!

Rusling was earmarked for the position, unfortunately another shoulder injury occurred. The Buckley situation hasn't helped as well.

Maxwell is a capable player in the forward line; he has played the position before, and done well.

Rusling was earmarked for the position, unfortunately another shoulder injury occurred. The Buckley situation hasn't helped as well.

Maxwell is a capable player in the forward line; he has played the position before, and done well.

rusling has speed going for him..and thats it....

is not a footballer

Maxwell is a defender..and thats all!

Yeah I used to think that because he seems to do so well down there barking orders, running back into packs and of course spoiling. But geez he impressed me when he out marked 2 Roo boys and kicked a goal last Saturday. He really has stepped up after being promoted into the leadership group. :thumbsu:

Yeah I used to think that because he seems to do so well down there barking orders, running back into packs and of course spoiling. But geez he impressed me when he out marked 2 Roo boys and kicked a goal last Saturday. He really has stepped up after being promoted into the leadership group. :thumbsu:

Surely you are joking. This was the single good thing he did all game after he spent the first 3 quarters not looking like it, or turning it over with sloppy disposal.

There is only so many times I can remind people to watch the Elimination Final last year when Montgomery, a "goer" at best, kicked 4 goals on him whilst concussed before he got moved onto Robbins who kicked 3 (2 on him from memory) and Cooney dominate him when he went forward to kick a lazy 3 goals for the game. See also Chris Grant tear him a new one when we played them earlier on in 2006 when we dominated the game and he still kicked 4 goals on a hapless Maxwell.

He has also kicked 9 goals in 48 games so he is looking a bit "Jason Cloke last option in the forward line" to me at this stage.

Courage is one thing sure and great but skills and the ability to man-up and spoil is another. Im sure he is an absolutely lovely bloke and I like him being at the club but gees he gets overrated on these boards.

Surely you are joking. This was the single good thing he did all game after he spent the first 3 quarters not looking like it, or turning it over with sloppy disposal.

There is only so many times I can remind people to watch the Elimination Final last year when Montgomery, a "goer" at best, kicked 4 goals on him whilst concussed before he got moved onto Robbins who kicked 3 (2 on him from memory) and Cooney dominate him when he went forward to kick a lazy 3 goals for the game. See also Chris Grant tear him a new one when we played them earlier on in 2006 when we dominated the game and he still kicked 4 goals on a hapless Maxwell.

He has also kicked 9 goals in 48 games so he is looking a bit "Jason Cloke last option in the forward line" to me at this stage.

Courage is one thing sure and great but skills and the ability to man-up and spoil is another. Im sure he is an absolutely lovely bloke and I like him being at the club but gees he gets overrated on these boards.

Lonie played on Montgomery. Besides even if he was poor he had heaps of friends.

that's my team

hey guys this would be my team for the clash between the pies and the eagles.

LOCKYER PRESTI N.BROWN

H.SHAW CLEMENT D.NICHOLLS

FRASER SWAN JOHNSON
cox
PENDLES DAVIS THOMAS
judd kerr
BRYAN ROCCA MEDHURST
wirrapunda
LONIE CLOKE BURNS
glass
INT::: M.CLARKE R.SHAW O'BRIAN MAXWELL

honestly medhurst will kill it he should give em some tips coz he knows this ground like dog on a bone. what do guys think
the speed is vital

Mate your an absoloute fool. Maxwell is in the pies best 22 and most other sides best 22 for that matter. Best position is defence but can be a very useful swing man, lets not forget he is only 23 so he is still learning. You sound like a no good dirty essendon supporter! You Fool!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: that's my team

Are you joking?? As if Marty clarke will play and nathan brown has no chance of playing. He needs time to strengthen up and learn to play against high quality forwards. D/ck should play before nicholls i reckon. Just not sure if you were serious or not?

Re: that's my team

hey guys this would be my team for the clash between the pies and the eagles.

LOCKYER PRESTI N.BROWN

H.SHAW CLEMENT D.NICHOLLS

FRASER SWAN JOHNSON
cox
PENDLES DAVIS THOMAS
judd kerr
BRYAN ROCCA MEDHURST
wirrapunda
LONIE CLOKE BURNS
glass
INT::: M.CLARKE R.SHAW O'BRIAN MAXWELL

honestly medhurst will kill it he should give em some tips coz he knows this ground like dog on a bone. what do guys think
the speed is vital
I've merged this into the other thread about the Eagles just to clean the board up a bit.

Considering that you apparently didn't worry too much about the selected team list when picking your team, I didn't think it was particularly poignant enough to warrant it's own thread.

Well if anyone drops out it will be for a debutant given that our emergencies are all debutants in Cox, Nicholls and Toovey. If Richards is the one to come out then I doubt Cox would come in with Wakelin, Clement, Presti and Maxwell all playing.
I would suggest that Nicholls is the most likely to come into the side, as you say, considering that those defenders are all playing.

Unless Mick decides that he has a run-with role that he wants to use Toovey for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back