Opinion Your top 10 Cats moments of 2014...

Gysenn

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
A year full of ups and downs for Geelong will soon come to a close. Was wondering what everyone's top 5 or 10 biggest moments were - positive or negative.

DV2000

Club Legend
May 9, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Top few moments:
Round 5 - Easter Monday vs the Hawks. The tomahawk absolutely dominates Cheney and bags 5, we win another thrilling match.

Game Vs Carlton: selwood's match winner was amazing.

Game against Essendon - fantastic game capped off with tomahawk's goal, but the best part was the celebration. The image of the bombers fans giving him the bird while he hugs the only cats fan in the area will never be erased from my memory.

Game against Freo down at Simonds. The best part was seeing Ross Lyons gleeful eyes as Mundy lined up for goal, before Mundy missed the shot, gifting us a 2 point victory.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Top few moments:
Round 5 - Easter Monday vs the Hawks. The tomahawk absolutely dominates Cheney and bags 5, we win another thrilling match.

Game Vs Carlton: selwood's match winner was amazing.

Game against Essendon - fantastic game capped off with tomahawk's goal, but the best part was the celebration. The image of the bombers fans giving him the bird while he hugs the only cats fan in the area will never be erased from my memory.

Game against Freo down at Simonds. The best part was seeing Ross Lyons gleeful eyes as Mundy lined up for goal, before Mundy missed the shot, gifting us a 2 point victory.
You mean this guy??
image.jpg

The smug grin that came right after his infamous "four seconds" signal as Mundy was lining up his shot at goal?

image.jpg

....and just a few seconds before the siren sounded, announcing the Cats to be winners of the game.
Ahhh, yes- I remember feeling a sense of deep satisfaction as that siren rang out.

And here's THAT Tomahug pic for you, while I'm at it.

image.jpg

Some great memories there indeed, DV2000!

Two Planks

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
The Selwood goal against Carlton and the drafting of Nakia Cockatoo were my highlights.

Balmey leaving for pies and watching Harley Bennell rip us apart were the lowlights.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
I gave when we had this thread 2 weeks ago.:rolleyes:
I'm not one to miss a chance:)
Positive no1 Varcoe to the pies.in before meto
Positive no2 Mitch Brown to,where did he go?
Positive no3 Hawkins back looked to be better managed.
Positive no4 top 4 finish compared to my preseason prediction of 12th:$
Positive no5 the new no5.

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
5. Thurlow's final quarter against the Blues as sub (personally love it :D)
4. Final quarter fightback in Semi Final
3. Selwood's game winning goal against Carlton
2. Motlop's final quarter against Essendon
1. Easter Monday win :)

Back