Opinion Your Top 3 Crows At The Brownlow Medal Vote Tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Dangerfield getting more votes than he should have will actually harm him for votes next year? This year umpires were probably looking for him based on his previous years, next year however umpires will probably mark him more harshly based on his results in this years brownlow. Sort of like Robbie gray who might have a worse year next than this year but get more votes, whilst danger have a better year but get less votes.

Do you think Dangerfield getting more votes than he should have will actually harm him for votes next year? This year umpires were probably looking for him based on his previous years, next year however umpires will probably mark him more harshly based on his results in this years brownlow. Sort of like Robbie gray who might have a worse year next than this year but get more votes, whilst danger have a better year but get less votes.

Hasn't stopped Ablett.

Patty didn't have the best year, by his lofty standards anyway, but he still performed reasonably well.

This article on the Crows site (http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-09-23/dangers-brownlow-charge) goes through each game, his stats and votes vs the BF and coaches award. Looking at that, unless your a really one-eyed, Danger-hating, Teal-supporter, there's not too much one can objectively complain about. Tyson was probably unlucky in the Melbourne game not to get three, but Dangerfield was still good in that loss. Perhaps he got 3-4 votes higher than he should have but his result wasn't totally out of whack with his season as suggested by some haters.

Patty didn't have the best year, by his lofty standards anyway, but he still performed reasonably well.

This article on the Crows site (http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-09-23/dangers-brownlow-charge) goes through each game, his stats and votes vs the BF and coaches award. Looking at that, unless your a really one-eyed, Danger-hating, Teal-supporter, there's not too much one can objectively complain about. Tyson was probably unlucky in the Melbourne game not to get three, but Dangerfield was still good in that loss. Perhaps he got 3-4 votes higher than he should have but his result wasn't totally out of whack with his season as suggested by some haters.
Most people only remember the later parts of the year..
That's why guys like Gray, Lewis, Franklin were getting so much talk..

Danger started the year well and that's why he jumped out the blocks with multiple BOG's, then as we know his form dipped and he was carrying injuries and the votes dried up apart from some stand out games here and there..

We have a good year and he puts it all together, he could break the record votes in a season with how he plays.. It attracts 3 votes..

The new C Judd- 3 votes is P Dangerfield - 3 votes.. ;)

We have a good year and he puts it all together, he could break the record votes in a season with how he plays.. It attracts 3 votes..

The new C Judd- 3 votes is P Dangerfield - 3 votes.. ;)

If he got more protection from his team mates and the umpires and stays injury free, he will win a Brownlow.

Judd had a similar problem a few years back. He won the Brownlow when no thought he should have and the next year he had a better year. He was the favourite and Swann took home the Brownlow. So, its certainly possible.

If Danger has even a remotely good year, he'll win the thing. For better or worse the Brownlow is a popularity contest. Danger polls very well.

If Danger has even a remotely good year, he'll win the thing. For better or worse the Brownlow is a popularity contest. Danger polls very well.

Priddis winning it though last night, blew everyone away. Almost no one gave him a top 3 chance let alone to win it. He was at odds of $20.

Incidentally an Eagles supporter placed $1000 on it.

Doesn't Priddis winning kill that idea?
No it actually makes a lot of sense that Priddis won. He was the standout performer - not the most skillful which is telling - but the hardest working. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's polled well in the past, hasn't he? Players like that tend to pop up on the radar each year which is why you're seeing Danger anywhere near the top 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was this thing Dumb and Dumber are talking about that Dangerfield supposedly did/said last night?

Patrick having a few jokes because the camera was on him all night. Gave the camera a few funny looks and jokingly said Rory was selfish for stealing votes or something.

Not much in it but Fiveaa catering to the vocal minority as usual.

What was this thing Dumb and Dumber are talking about that Dangerfield supposedly did/said last night?
They played a sound clip of Danger talking about Rory stealing his votes, with a swear word bleeped out. Probably not a good sound, as it's given detractors (mainly McDermott) amunition to put the club down ... again.

McDermott has absolutely lost the plot this week in his fervent attempts to boof anything teal and conversely sink the slipper into the AFC. After all these years, he finally smells blood in the water! But his passionate hate has got the better of him. First Roo for Coach…lost all credibility there, and now Danger getting criticised for some lighthearted humour…seriously WTF?!

I actually don't mind Rowie's buffoonery, but McDermott offers nothing. Has no idea of the modern game, and one wonders if he ever did based on his coaching record. It's nothing to do with his anti AFC stance (I actually rate Tredrea the best footy voice in SA atm), he's just got nothing of substance to offer.

They played a sound clip of Danger talking about Rory stealing his votes, with a swear word bleeped out. Probably not a good sound, as it's given detractors (mainly McDermott) amunition to put the club down ... again.
Haha brilliant..
Hopefully he has a few more to give us a laugh, maybe Tex forgot to feed his dog at 7am and was 5 minutes late..
Think I've figured it out, Lindy is Bone's mum..

Patrick having a few jokes because the camera was on him all night. Gave the camera a few funny looks and jokingly said Rory was selfish for stealing votes or something.

Not much in it but Fiveaa catering to the vocal minority as usual.

And for him to say that in the first place so openly, tells you just how close he and Sloaney are.

McDermott has absolutely lost the plot this week in his fervent attempts to boof anything teal and conversely sink the slipper into the AFC. After all these years, he finally smells blood in the water! But his passionate hate has got the better of him. First Roo for Coach…lost all credibility there, and now Danger getting criticised for some lighthearted humour…seriously WTF?!

I actually don't mind Rowie's buffoonery, but McDermott offers nothing. Has no idea of the modern game, and one wonders if he ever did based on his coaching record. It's nothing to do with his anti AFC stance (I actually rate Tredrea the best footy voice in SA atm), he's just got nothing of substance to offer.

Bones was an afterthought for the 5AA Footy show, he only got the gig when Cornes walked for being payed too little. I miss Cornes input as he had a certain class in the way he presented the show. 5AA need to find Rowie a new person to join him.

I really don't like McDermott at all. I don't rate anything he says. Like you say, no substance, just froth, and talking for the sake of it. Very much like Rucci, talking in circles, making mountains of molehills, padding, padding, padding for lack of anything knowledgeable. Very little credibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back