Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

August is looking good with shows from Neurosis and King Buzzo. Might go check out Corrosion of Conformity this weekend as well...

Saw Sky Ferreira last night, only paid about $25 but even at full price, her voice alone is worth the price of admission. You don't hear it because of the mix of the album, but she has some serious pipes on her – her range, the way she'd hold notes, the improvisations, it was actually pretty cool to just see a singer that good. Usually at the gigs I go to, it's a bit like that old Silver Jews thing, "all my favourite singers couldn't sing."

The songs have a lot more power and thickness to them too, and more space. It's sometimes hard making such a glitchy, produced album convert into a good live show but they managed it. Great fun. Except for the dumb girl screaming about her **** and how she was a stripper.. the chorus of "shut up!" after her second go was pretty funny though. That and the way Sky's vocals were straining by the encore, so she got the crowd to sing. Bittofa smile there.

Gone so far downhill in looks though. Starting to look like Courtney Love and may well be hitting the pipe.

I'm seeing Wild Beasts tonight. I love that band so much and I hope they deliver all the classics. They've got a pretty decent discography and Present Tense was another great addition to that.

They'll close with End Come To Soon again and I might go close to tears.

Seeing Anathema at the end of the month. Haven't been as excited about seeing a band in a long time.

edit: And I wouldn't know about if them if not for this board ...

I'm super excited to be seeing Anathema on 21st of August. Nothing else planned at this stage, but I may see Queen and/or Protest the Hero in September and Dead Kennedys with the Bennies in October!

I'm super excited to be seeing Anathema on 21st of August. Nothing else planned at this stage, but I may see Queen and/or Protest the Hero in September and Dead Kennedys with the Bennies in October!

Their recent setlists don't have them playing 'The Beginning and The End'. Dissapointing ...

Falls is putrid this year. SBTRKT was one of the shittest live acts I've seen, the Aussie bands are alright but everyone's already seen them, Alt J are one of the reasons British guitar music is so stale now, though I'll admit Royksopp and Robyn would be alright. But how can a festival like that exist without a headliner? The lack of a band capable of actually stealing a day at a festival and being an 11pm magnet to everyone in the field is seemingly gone. Lame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falls is putrid this year. SBTRKT was one of the shittest live acts I've seen, the Aussie bands are alright but everyone's already seen them, Alt J are one of the reasons British guitar music is so stale now, though I'll admit Royksopp and Robyn would be alright. But how can a festival like that exist without a headliner? The lack of a band capable of actually stealing a day at a festival and being an 11pm magnet to everyone in the field is seemingly gone. Lame.
What do you think of the meredith lineup?

What do you think of the meredith lineup?
Almost as putrid as Falls - the worst I can remember.

On the other hand when it comes to festivals the Soundwave lineup looks sensational.

heading along to a little festival up here called 'north west festival' for the next two days, some pretty good acts (dandy warhols, violent soho, kingswood) and some acts that I wouldn't normally really listen to but I know are gonna be cool live(particularly after some booze), art v science, the aston shuffle & wolfmother, so should be alright.

Anathema were very good, but it was a bit sad seeing them in a tiny pub. Hopefully they can come back soon and play bigger venues. Support act was very good also. Seeing Dream Theater soon as well, so a bit more prog :)

Anyone been to a wolf mother concert? What to expect? i need to know these things. what are the groupies like? what are the wanna be groupies like? what are the hate the groupies crowd like? when is the best time to get stoned ect ect ect.

Anyone been to a wolf mother concert? What to expect?

They used to be awesome back in the day, great stage presence and really got the crowd dancing along. But if your talking about Andrew Stockdale's new Wolfmother, I have no idea. Most of the older Wolfmother fans like myself, have moved to greener pastures when he sacked the rest of his band. Let us know how the gig went

Remove this Banner Ad

Back