Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got home from seeing Laura Marling at The Astor. She is an amazing talent. Incredible singer from a fine folk tradition, but with pop, rock and occasionally country sensibilities. Terrific guitarist too who keeps getting better.
I saw her when she first came to Australia as a seventeen year old. Her debut album was terrific but I thought she was pretty average live. She is now a very confident and polished performer.

Just got home from seeing Laura Marling at The Astor. She is an amazing talent. Incredible singer from a fine folk tradition, but with pop, rock and occasionally country sensibilities. Terrific guitarist too who keeps getting better.
I saw her when she first came to Australia as a seventeen year old. Her debut album was terrific but I thought she was pretty average live. She is now a very confident and polished performer.
Cannot stand her music. Meaningless typical British soft folk to my ears. But I also saw her perform live back then, was she backpacking? I thought the early live raw gigs were pretty good.

But that's the thing with acoustic folk music, fine line between tender, organic, raw emotions and music to put on the credits of some soulless indie film.

Oct 17 - Osaka Punch
Oct 21 - Megadeth & Children of Bodom
Oct 22 - Devin Townsend Project & Periphery
Oct 29 - Anathema (Acoustic)

I can't wait!

Seen Megadeth and Children of Bodom on friday night, will not dissapoint! Great gig by both bands and set up probably the worst saturday for work, but it was worth it.

Seen Megadeth and Children of Bodom on friday night, will not dissapoint! Great gig by both bands and set up probably the worst saturday for work, but it was worth it.

I'm pumped, got them tonight, COB are a nice bonus as well. Interested in the new Deth drummer, seems to have more of an extreme metal background, should be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Anathema (well..half the band) at the Gov in Adelaide on Tuesday. Acoustic set, so plenty of mellower tracks. Would have preferred the full band and more older tunes but given I never thought I’d ever see them live I wasn’t complaining.
Thin Air was the standout, Distant Satellites was an unexpected highlight also, while tracks like Deep, Fragile Dreams and Temporary Peace were certainly sentimental.
The only downer was the rather disappointing turn-out and a few groups of f*ckwits who chatted through most of the set, much to the annoyance of Danny.

Saw Anathema (well..half the band) at the Gov in Adelaide on Tuesday. Acoustic set, so plenty of mellower tracks. Would have preferred the full band and more older tunes but given I never thought I’d ever see them live I wasn’t complaining.
Thin Air was the standout, Distant Satellites was an unexpected highlight also, while tracks like Deep, Fragile Dreams and Temporary Peace were certainly sentimental.
The only downer was the rather disappointing turn-out and a few groups of f*ckwits who chatted through most of the set, much to the annoyance of Danny.

Would suspect Fragile Dreams might lose some of its magic acoustically? Was it ok?

Did they play One Last Goodbye? Perfect for an acoustic set I would think. One of my fav songs.

got along to dead letter circus at the forum a couple of weeks ago... great show.
Saw DLC a couple of weeks ago in Canberra. Not a huge fan of their new album, but it went down well live. Probably the only band with a 3 album catalogue who play a song off their first EP to close their set.

Saw the CunninLynguists and Sheisty Christ in London on Tuesday. Another great show from the boys, and a good chance for a chat with them after the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back